Dervish 'some monsterism'

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

glockose wrote:OPM put out a wide veriaty of metal and they are not ALL for everyone
Is the Iron Cross LP still available?
What's it like?
I saw the Iron Glory press of the CD in a 2nd hand store a while back but never got it, then it was gone!

What else is available from OPM these days still left?

Is it you that has some sealed copies of Wikka???!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I like the DERVISH-track off Kent Rocks, but when I borrowed the Some Monserism from a friend some years ago I wasn't quite as impressed. Nothing really bad about it or anything, but the demo stuff didn't click with me the same way that comp-track did. The fact that someone actually digged up these recordings and released them is cool as hell, but I've had to pass on this one.

The cover art is sorta weird too. Looks more like some modern punk album. Shame on John for disappointing all them punk-kiddies with this one :lol:
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

DaN wrote: The cover art is sorta weird too. Looks more like some modern punk album. Shame on John for disappointing all them punk-kiddies with this one :lol:
HaHaHa I heard this a lot when I released it. But I always let the bands do there own covers if they wanted to, and this is what they did. It had nothing to do with me. This is how the band said it should be.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

glockose wrote:
DaN wrote: The cover art is sorta weird too. Looks more like some modern punk album. Shame on John for disappointing all them punk-kiddies with this one :lol:
HaHaHa I heard this a lot when I released it. But I always let the bands do there own covers if they wanted to, and this is what they did. It had nothing to do with me. This is how the band said it should be.
Shouldn't you at least advice against bad or 'wrong' covers. A lot of people who buy or pick out albums without knowing a band also judge on the cover.
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Well- I dont know
First for most of my releases I was sold out or at least got my money back befor they were pressed so it didnt matter much.

But really to me these records wshould have come out back in the day and if that was the case the band would have did it. So I just leave it up to them, It's really there project I just bring it out.

the only bands the did there own cover were

Dervish
Stormqueen
F Bich
Duece
Minotaur
Iron Cross

We are to blame for all the rest
hload

Post by hload »

mr. john, what ever happened with some "armoured attack"s from orlando? ya know....
AxeCrazy

Post by AxeCrazy »

Personally, Dervish is one of my favorite NWOBHM bands, and I think "Some Monsterism" ranks right up there with the best NWOBHM LPs. Anyone that collects NWOBHM should own a copy of it. Many thanks to glockose for reissuing it! Now if we could only get it reissued on CD...:)
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

hload wrote:mr. john, what ever happened with some "armoured attack"s from orlando? ya know....
Don't know. Gave up.....
hload

Post by hload »

glockose wrote:
hload wrote:mr. john, what ever happened with some "armoured attack"s from orlando? ya know....
Don't know. Gave up.....
hehehehe, where's my present?
ARC

Post by ARC »

DaN wrote:I like the DERVISH-track off Kent Rocks, but when I borrowed the Some Monserism from a friend some years ago I wasn't quite as impressed
That was probably me again and same on you for not liking it