Record stores in New Zealand?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
DaN
Administructor

Record stores in New Zealand?

Post by DaN »

...good for HM Hunting?

We're now 9 days away from our 4-week vacation in NZ. As always is the case, to whatever corner of the world one travels, it's essential to do some research on what stores (if any) are worth tracking down. I haven't done any googling on the matter yet - thought I'd start off by asking for somes straght-up recommendations instead. Any Kiwis here? Or anyone else who has visited NZ and got tips? We'll be all around the country and will stop in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and some other places...
wicked keeper

Re: Record stores in New Zealand?

Post by wicked keeper »

Coming all this way and not visiting Oz Dan? Don't listen to your mad St.Greta....the fires were no worse than usual-and we've put most of them out now... :lol:
Lama

Post by Lama »

I spent a month in New Zealand in 2004. I know it's been a long time, but I remember the Real Groovy stores were quite interesting. A lot of new stuff off course, but also a nice second hand section. Apparently the Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington stores are still active. Might be interesting to check them out I guess. But again, it's been a long time...

I have good memories about New Zealand, the best travel experience I've ever had up 'til now. Beautiful country, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time there!
Kampel Destruction
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

wicked keeper wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:23 pmthe fires were no worse than usual-and we've put most of them out now... :lol:
I sincerely hope you're being sarcastic.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

I sincerely hope you're not seriously presuming to tell me from all the way over there on the other side of the world about my own first hand experience of the country that I've lived in for all of my 49 years so far......... :lol: :roll:
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

wicked keeper wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:30 pm I sincerely hope you're not presuming to tell me from all the way over there on the other side of the world about my own first hand experience of the country that I've lived in for all of my 49 years so far......... :lol: :roll:
Ah forgive me, I didn't know your personal experience speaks for all the Aussies. :roll:
Keep burning that coal! :-D
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

Wow you really are that arrogant and clueless....... :lol:
Keep reading that twitter! :lol: :lol:
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Retorting to name calling, are we? I may be arrogant, but rest assured I'm not clueless.

Whatever, I'm not here to start a flame war.

Have fun in NZ, Dan!
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

wicked keeper wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:23 pm Coming all this way and not visiting Oz Dan?
I think a very early draft of our planning of this trip (over a year ago) included both Oz and NZ, but we eventually had to cut it short for economical reasons.

I vaguely remember one of the arguments from my wife being something along the lines of, "Oz don't have Hobbits!"... :lol:

@Lama:
Seems like we'll have some travel-stories to compare in April then!
Lama

Post by Lama »

@DaN : I'm sure we'll bump into each other at KIT. Have a nice and safe travel!
Kampel Destruction