Canadian Steel

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

I want to hear this one!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Private-Metal-Tritt ... 240%3A1318

Tritton Warrior - Sealed in a grave/satan's train 7''

Anyone that have heard it?
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Dirty Rocker wrote:I want to hear this one!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Private-Metal-Tritt ... 240%3A1318

Tritton Warrior - Sealed in a grave/satan's train 7''

Anyone that have heard it?
Holy Moose-dung! This one looks so cool you'd think someone just made it up if it wasn't for that ebay auction :shock:

Anyone here thinking of bidding on it? I just might go a little crazy with this one...
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Haha, yeah.. It surely sound too good to be true with the titles. :O
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Dirty Rocker wrote:Haha, yeah.. It surely sound too good to be true with the titles. :O
..and it might be just that. I googled "Tritton Warrior" and it's been referred to both as 'Northern Soul' and 'Prog/Psych/Metal'. Apparently it's a 70's release. Would still be neat to hear though..
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

That would just be typical.. :/
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN wrote:
Dirty Rocker wrote:Haha, yeah.. It surely sound too good to be true with the titles. :O
..and it might be just that. I googled "Tritton Warrior" and it's been referred to both as 'Northern Soul' and 'Prog/Psych/Metal'. Apparently it's a 70's release. Would still be neat to hear though..
A new sub-genre?
"Prog-Psych-Northern Soul-Metal" ?
Bring It On.
:lol:

"Of course i was into Prog-Psych-Northern Soul-Metal in the early eighties when the scene was in it's infancy, it's become so commercial now that it's lost it's appeal as i'm not the only person who knows about it any more."
Troo Cvlt quote in about 2 weeks time.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Tritton Warrior is hard rock. But I don't have it.
ShadowGallery

Post by ShadowGallery »

The most is already recommended here but I have also a few names like the utterly underrated HEAVEN`S CRY (although their 2nd album wasn`t really metal, but fine, too).
Other bands I like are GOAT HORN / CAULDRON, the thrashers from ANONYMUS, 7TH REIGN, FINAL STAGE, KRAKEN, RAPID TEARS, WARMACHINE, ICE VINLAND or MARTYR, to name only a few.....
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

I just thought of another one, (though only really of interest if your tastes run to early '70's proto metal), WARPIG. Their album is grrrreat.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

The first DBC album is really good and "unique" good thrash, with some prog parts (not abusing on the prog btw) so its a really interesting album, just listening to it today...

im trying my best on liking Kraken recently,as well as Aceium "wicked metal"

my top 5 canadian metal:

Messiah Force-The Last Day
Exciter-Violence and Force
Sacrifice-Forward to Termination
Infernal Majesty-None Shall Defy
Thor-Only the Strong

so yeah CANADIAN STEEL RULEZ!
The Sentinel

Re: Canadian Steel

Post by The Sentinel »

I'm revisiting some prog/USPM bands from Canada lately and I'm completely into False Witness: Crestfallen King. Got the CD from Arkeyn Steel. The first 4 songs taken from the first demo are absolutely flawless; competing with the best this particular genre has to offer: A godly voice, insane guitar parts, great not annoying prog parts and a spot on sense of melody. The following songs of that compilation must be forgotten until the last three songs which reign supreme once again.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

DEAD CALM - No Way Out
ZIONS ABYSS - T.A.L.E.S.

I'm pretty sure someone must've mentioned these two earlier in the thread, but they deserve a second mention. Excellent power/prog with a touch of darkness.
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

The Sentinel wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:12 am I'm revisiting some prog/USPM bands from Canada lately and I'm completely into False Witness: Crestfallen King. Got the CD from Arkeyn Steel. The first 4 songs taken from the first demo are absolutely flawless; competing with the best this particular genre has to offer: A godly voice, insane guitar parts, great not annoying prog parts and a spot on sense of melody. The following songs of that compilation must be forgotten until the last three songs which reign supreme once again.
Wow, this is GOOD stuff indeed. Thanks for the heads-up.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Alan a.k.a. nightsblood a.k.a. trans-dimensional Paul Mario Day-fanboy has added a great review of SOLAR EAGLE to the site.
fengisriprider

Post by fengisriprider »

Thunder Rider, Armorous, Deranged, Rapid Tears, Triumph, Aggression, to.name a few.
"Without the holy grail, only evil can prevail."