Metal Power - The Ultimate EP Collection I-V re-release

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Ernest Thesiger

Re: Metal Power - The Ultimate EP Collection I-V re-release

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Ordured.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Hans

Post by Hans »

Ive got a major weak spot for dutch 80s heavy metal stuff, these 7" are nice collectors, ive aquired them over the years, I think it cost me 10 years. Two found at local shops, and the rest via trade or mailorder. But I think if you really set your mind to it, all are on discogs.
I like the cool basic artwork, musicly not the most impressive, but thats no problem, there are some really cool tracks. Spoiler, Proud.. , Black Sun, Alaska... These guys were from my neighbourhood, Tiny's studio was located in Deurne, called Double-V, thats 20km from here, also some bands from Valkenswaard, Heeze, Weert. That peaks my interest. Also several of these bands, Phaser I know for sure, have performed at a local (very small) festival in my hometown, Aalst-Waalre, its called "Kempener Pop" and this festival is still being held, incidenly last weekend was the 39th edition..
In the past, friends tried to contact Tiny v Stiphout, maybe he had some stuff laying on the shelves, or a demo, just some flyers of info whatever, he was not interested to cooperate.
All in all this is some great dutch heavy metal history.
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

I love these aswell. For me number 5 was the hardest one to find. Drove up to Holland to buy one. And two weeks later i found another number 5 in a local secondhand record shop (traded with Dan if i remember correctly).
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Love these too - mostly for the look & feel I think. There's a handful of rippers on them but also plendy of duds. Cool idea to compile and reissue them nevertheless..
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Has anyone else gotten a shipping notification yet? They were supposed to be released on November 8th.

Yet the store is still displaying it as pre-sale, and still claim it will be released on November 8th...
Ernest Thesiger

Warepire wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:15 pm Has anyone else gotten a shipping notification yet?
I've not.
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

I've contacted the label as i was waiting for a note of shipping too and they said there were some delays so they expect it on the 1st of december. I'm waiting too...
J.

Post by J. »

Any update on this?
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

I've sent a mail via FB and they said that the cd's arrived this tuesday. Otherwise, send them a mail too so it's not always the same person that ask for it. Let them know that more people are waiting this release.
Ernest Thesiger

Zanker wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:18 pm I've sent a mail via FB and they said that the cd's arrived this tuesday.
Well, that's something. Cheers!
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

My mistake...i asked last week and they said they should arrive last tuesday. just have send another pm and they are still waiting for arrival. They answer quite immediately. When i have more info, i'll post it here.
Ernest Thesiger

Zanker wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:26 pm My mistake...i asked last week and they said they should arrive last tuesday. just have send another pm and they are still waiting for arrival.
Darn. Come on, Pt78!
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

I've just been tallking with 'into the limelight records' and they said they Will update soon. fingers crossed..
J.

Post by J. »

Thanks. :)