HMH Records: Xandril DLP and 7"s out now!

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
HMH Records

HMH Records: Xandril DLP and 7"s out now!

Post by HMH Records »

The Vision of Rotting Darkness: The Demos 1985-1988 DLP
Includes the the classic demos ‘Rotting Paradise’, ‘The Vision’, ‘Perfect Darkness’, ‘Rehearsal ’85’ plus previously unreleased tracks. 22 tracks of Teutonic speed metal!!!
Xandril DLP forum1.jpg
Xandril DLP forum1.jpg (110.93 KiB) Viewed 6562 times
Demo I '83 7"
Virtually unknown Xandril demo recordings from 1983!
Xandril Demo I.jpg
Xandril Demo I.jpg (92.15 KiB) Viewed 6562 times
Demo II '83 7"
Virtually unknown Xandril recordings originally intended as EP release in 1983!
Xandril Demo II.jpg
Xandril Demo II.jpg (125.91 KiB) Viewed 6562 times
Available at hmhrec.com
Zanker

Re: HMH Records: Xandril DLP and 7"s out now!

Post by Zanker »

Looking forward to this!
As i like anthologies in one package and i see that the demo 1983 is only released on 7", will there also be a CD version with everything on it? If there's too much music on it, maybe a 2CD then?
humus

Post by humus »

That song on the Teutonic invasion sampler was soo good.
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

humus wrote:That song on the Teutonic invasion sampler was soo good.
Yes it is. I always like the demo's too. Hope that they will sound much better than my crappy soundfiles i got from internet somewhere.
Yronbeast86

Post by Yronbeast86 »

I already bought my copies and very much looking forward to these releases from the mighty HMH Records . I love all of the Xandril stuff so much!
Yronbeast86

Post by Yronbeast86 »

I would love to have a tshirt with the album cover art. That would look really great.
Rick

Post by Rick »

I got it and it's an excellent release... the label can be proud. I was surprised by the second 7", some great music and performance there. The double LP is fantastic as I expected.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Yes all 3 excellent releases.Tthough the 2 7" make it a tiny bit more expensive, possibly a 3lp set would have worked better, I'm not complaining. Probably folks would then complain that 3lp is expensive :)
HMH Records

Post by HMH Records »

Thanks for the words on the releases, we're very proud of how it all turned out and glad it's a worthy tribute to the band's legacy.
For some background, the DLP and 7"s actually came out at the same time by accident- the 7"s were still in development when the DLP went to press, but the DLP took a very long time to press and the 7"s very little time to press, so we got them all at the same time. But at that point we'd taken many pre-sales for the DLP so it was no longer possible/fair to release it as a set. And you're right, there would probably be complaints about the cost for a set. Overall we're happy with the outcome, as it's also cool to have three killer unique releases.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Hey Josh, do you still have copies of these? Will you bring them to KIT?
HMH Records

Post by HMH Records »

Hi mate, the DLP is sold out but the DCD and 7"s are available. I'll have a bunch at KIT. Cheers
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Got the DLP two months ago from a Peruvian distributor, I must say the release is great, excellent quality and I wasn't expecting that much extra material.

Just one doubt, the signed post card, is it printed or is legit signature? cant tell
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Picked up the 2LP and both 7'' at KiT. Can't wait to give them a spin.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
HMH Records

Post by HMH Records »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:41 pm Got the DLP two months ago from a Peruvian distributor, I must say the release is great, excellent quality and I wasn't expecting that much extra material.

Just one doubt, the signed post card, is it printed or is legit signature? cant tell
The signatures are legit- the band now live in different parts of Germany and each member signed all 500 and posted them on to the next member to sign until all were done. The effort involved makes it a really nice tribute to their old mate and brother in one member's case.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

HMH Records wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 4:22 pm
MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:41 pm Got the DLP two months ago from a Peruvian distributor, I must say the release is great, excellent quality and I wasn't expecting that much extra material.

The signatures are legit- the band now live in different parts of Germany and each member signed all 500 and posted them on to the next member to sign until all were done. The effort involved makes it a really nice tribute to their old mate and brother in one member's case.
Nice! this gives more value to such good release