Thunder Way (Albania) - The order executors Tape 1993 (POLL)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
jnfernal

Re: Thunder Way (Albania) - The order executors Tape 1993 (POLL)

Post by jnfernal »

in the meantime i never received any update from the band since months....it seems the original master is definitively lost

There has been a cd-r reissue from a greek label a few months ago, two different edition: remastered and original tape source. To me the original tape source sounds better than the remaster ans there are a few bonus tracks, some of them unknown to me

But it seems that finding the original master is beyond impossible
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

Does this mean there cannot be an official rerelease?

I’ve been listening to this again lately. It is really a great album!
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

until Bledar Sejko can't find the original master tape, it seems that the cd-r two editions made in Greece a few months ago are the only options. He's ok to re-release it from a cassette source but at this point it should be sourced from the two cd-r (remastered&remixed and original recording).

The problem is that the original producer escaped to USA in the late 90's with all the master tapes and it seems he completely disappeared
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

Any idea where to find the Greek version in the meantime?
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

is the guy from Deathforce Records. He also made another single cd-r with 4 tracks.

https://www.discogs.com/it/Thunder-Way- ... e/11992111

The two different edition (remastered/remixed and original tape source) of the album are not listed on Discogs but it's the same guy from Deathforce Records
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

Thanks for the info. Will try to look these up.
DMR

Post by DMR »

I'm not interested in buying a CDR (I already have one I made myself), but I would buy an official CD reissue immediately.
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

DMR wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:59 am I'm not interested in buying a CDR (I already have one I made myself), but I would buy an official CD reissue immediately.
Couldn't agree more in principle. However, the mentioned of a second version of the album + an EP of extra material did spark my interest.
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

If it ever gets released I'll definitely need a copy!! So, if there's no way of ever getting the original master, is there any chance of releasing it as tape rip or with the master used for the cd-r version?
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

I contacted the bass player I think some 13 years ago, but never reached a deal. They thought i wanted to release a 5000 copies edition, when hardly I could sell those 500 proposed.
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

metalmaster wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:18 am I contacted the bass player I think some 13 years ago, but never reached a deal. They thought i wanted to release a 5000 copies edition, when hardly I could sell those 500 proposed.
That's too bad. This album deserves a reissue, in whatever form that might be.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

I got in touch with Bledar Sejko the guitarist because he speaks a perfect italian (he lives in Milan) and he is a really nice and educated guy. No, he told me that any amount of pressing is fine, he was just surprised that so many eople are interested in that album

But - as I said - the masters are lost along with the original producer, somewhere in the USA and he lost hopes to find them someday....

And he doesn't even have a decent tape where to rip the sound off as the only copy he has left has been used more and more and more times to make copies to friend.

Personally I have been to Albania 2 times and I stayed quite a long time but I never found anybody who may have the tape. I am going there again on the way back fron my travel and see if at the Albanian TV/Radio station they may have a copy but I see it difficult, very difficult, even because the album was recorded in Macedonia and not in Albania

At the moment there is no solution...but believe me that te guyitarist Bledar Sejko is the best guy to deal with, in case we can find a decent source to use

Actually Thuder Way, the early 80's/90's recordings of Ayasiin Salkhi (Mongolia), the first tape album of Feedback from Mauritius and the live tape of Scarecrew from Iraq are my top priorities to start a label for exotic metal reissues from unknown scenes...but for a reason or the other none of them can be released, due to missing masters, uninterest by the bands or simply impossibility to find an agreement....

By the way...speaking of albanian scene....the group Centaur confirmed me that during springtime they will release the new CD reunion album with Tiziano of Etrusgrave on vocals and they are thinking abot a reissue of the first tape somehow (the second album listed on M-A was recorded but never released phisically)
DMR

Post by DMR »

Well, that's discouraging news, but I appreciate your persistence in trying to make it happen. Hopefully a copy will turn up and your efforts will pay off.
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

jnfernal wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:18 pm I got in touch with Bledar Sejko the guitarist because he speaks a perfect italian (he lives in Milan) and he is a really nice and educated guy. No, he told me that any amount of pressing is fine, he was just surprised that so many eople are interested in that album

But - as I said - the masters are lost along with the original producer, somewhere in the USA and he lost hopes to find them someday....

And he doesn't even have a decent tape where to rip the sound off as the only copy he has left has been used more and more and more times to make copies to friend.

Personally I have been to Albania 2 times and I stayed quite a long time but I never found anybody who may have the tape. I am going there again on the way back fron my travel and see if at the Albanian TV/Radio station they may have a copy but I see it difficult, very difficult, even because the album was recorded in Macedonia and not in Albania

At the moment there is no solution...but believe me that te guyitarist Bledar Sejko is the best guy to deal with, in case we can find a decent source to use

Actually Thuder Way, the early 80's/90's recordings of Ayasiin Salkhi (Mongolia), the first tape album of Feedback from Mauritius and the live tape of Scarecrew from Iraq are my top priorities to start a label for exotic metal reissues from unknown scenes...but for a reason or the other none of them can be released, due to missing masters, uninterest by the bands or simply impossibility to find an agreement....

By the way...speaking of albanian scene....the group Centaur confirmed me that during springtime they will release the new CD reunion album with Tiziano of Etrusgrave on vocals and they are thinking abot a reissue of the first tape somehow (the second album listed on M-A was recorded but never released phisically)
I would find the email of the bass player who, as he said, have the master tapes. But he is not easy to deal with!!
DMR

Post by DMR »

Looks like a CD reissue came out recently through Thunderflash Productions, a label I'm not familiar with at all.

https://thunderway.bandcamp.com/

Does anyone have it, or know anything about the label?