TEXAS METAL OUTLAWS

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Spinal

TEXAS METAL OUTLAWS

Post by Spinal »

Any opinions on this recent collaboration-project?

http://tmurecords.com/?page_id=751

Very cool project with some killer songs and performances. It must have required quite some patience and time to get all those people together.
GulliverFoyle

Re: TEXAS METAL OUTLAWS

Post by GulliverFoyle »

Still not on spotify. :cry:

Btw, McMaster did some killer job with Howling Sycamore
Another lonely night, another no name town
it starts to look the same, it starts to bring me down
so many promises you knew I'd never keep
I'll make it up to you, baby, don't give up on me
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

GulliverFoyle wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:59 am Still not on spotify. :cry:
You can stream 8 of the 9 tracks on the TMU Recs bandcamp page:
https://tmurecords.bandcamp.com/album/t ... ored-vinyl
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Levi

Post by Levi »

Is this the Texas Metal Legion project that is playing KIT 2019? Or another 'all star band'?
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

From what I can gather these are two separate but perhaps related projects. Seems to be some member overlap though.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Saw this advertised recently and the concept left me scratching my head. So musicians from a bunch of different groups, most-all of which are underground cult acts from the 80s, are now recording new material. Amiright? I guess that's cool. Kinda. Maybe. It implies there are folks out there thinking, "gee, it sure would be great if all these old-timers got together for the first time ever to record brand-new material, I bet that would sound awesome!". If that describes you, dear reader, sorry to rain on your parade; that description just doesn't apply to me. At all.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
texasmetalunderground

Post by texasmetalunderground »

There is some musician overlap but Texas Metal Outlaws is a studio project headed by guitarist Robert Williams (Ignitor, Witches Mark). It's a collection of songs he wrote and recorded over the past 4 years with invited guests and friends who provided various vocal and instrumental assistance. No live shows planned for these guys.

Texas Metal Legion (the group performing at KIT 2019) is a group of 80's Texas metal guys from mainly Austin, San Antonio, & Houston. What was supposed to be a one-off gig back in April 2018 attracted the attention of a few promoters which led to the KIT booking. They will be performing the songs of the various members bands: WatchTower, Militia, SA Slayer, Karion, Juggernaut & Helstar. No planned recording for this group.

Still confusing? Yes! :D
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

nightsblood wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:40 pm Saw this advertised recently and the concept left me scratching my head. So musicians from a bunch of different groups, most-all of which are underground cult acts from the 80s, are now recording new material. Amiright? I guess that's cool. Kinda. Maybe. It implies there are folks out there thinking, "gee, it sure would be great if all these old-timers got together for the first time ever to record brand-new material, I bet that would sound awesome!". If that describes you, dear reader, sorry to rain on your parade; that description just doesn't apply to me. At all.
I must confess that my first reaction was luke-warm, but that was before hearing the album. It's really good, and (at least IMO) manages to capture the old Texan metal spirit.
GulliverFoyle

Post by GulliverFoyle »

texasmetalunderground wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:16 pm There is some musician overlap but Texas Metal Outlaws is a studio project headed by guitarist Robert Williams (Ignitor, Witches Mark). It's a collection of songs he wrote and recorded over the past 4 years with invited guests and friends who provided various vocal and instrumental assistance. No live shows planned for these guys.

Texas Metal Legion (the group performing at KIT 2019) is a group of 80's Texas metal guys from mainly Austin, San Antonio, & Houston. What was supposed to be a one-off gig back in April 2018 attracted the attention of a few promoters which led to the KIT booking. They will be performing the songs of the various members bands: WatchTower, Militia, SA Slayer, Karion, Juggernaut & Helstar. No planned recording for this group.

Still confusing? Yes! :D

Any chance of releasing on vinyl Karion's stuff? :D
texasmetalunderground

Karion vinyl is definitely still on the to-do list, but I would like to get a couple of other things out first.
GulliverFoyle

Post by GulliverFoyle »

texasmetalunderground wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:28 pm Karion vinyl is definitely still on the to-do list, but I would like to get a couple of other things out first.

Man, where are the hearts emoticons when you need them? I love Karion! Go for it, brotha!
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

thanks for the clarification about this project!
BTW I've enjoyed some of the other TMU releases, nice work!
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

Wait...do people here actually like this? :lol: :lol:
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

wicked keeper wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:08 pm Wait...do people here actually like this? :lol: :lol:
What's not to like?
texasmetalunderground

nightsblood wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:48 pm thanks for the clarification about this project!
BTW I've enjoyed some of the other TMU releases, nice work!
Thanks Nightsblood!