Non-urgent CD Inquiries READ THE FIRST POST

...and all CD issues goes here.
Cyrcka

Re: Non-urgent CD Inquiries READ THE FIRST POST

Post by Cyrcka »

Does anyone know of this cd-r (pro labeled) edition of Villain-'time machine' © 2003 Villain?
Matrix / Runout: Z1JHA26A S331210326 A52

IMG_20181109_184152_848.jpg
IMG_20181109_184152_848.jpg (314.29 KiB) Viewed 9009 times
IMG_20181109_184238_154.jpg
IMG_20181109_184238_154.jpg (513.58 KiB) Viewed 9009 times
IMG_20181109_184022_381.jpg
IMG_20181109_184022_381.jpg (563.48 KiB) Viewed 8990 times
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

This looks like one of those Amazon-made and sold CD-R versions of certain albums. It might be that.

One a sidenote - does anybody know if the Iron Maiden japanese Black Triangle series CD's have been bootlegged? I never saw anything about this but maybe?
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Zdan wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:18 pm This looks like one of those Amazon-made and sold CD-R versions of certain albums. It might be that.
:shock: :!:

Amazon the Bootlegger? Nice to know ...
Last edited by Noisenik on Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Kind of a bootlegger. When they sold those they made it clear that they are selling CD-R's.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Do you perhaps have a rough idea how many different were "released"?
I am ... the One you warned me of
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

Amazon have an arrangement with labels to do it.....I have Aria Megalomania in this format - same layout booklet & disc as your Villain copy....

https://www.discogs.com/forum/thread/340422
mirva over 6 years ago
Just to note that Amazon treats these as CDRs.

http://www.amazon.com/Nightmares-And-Ot ... B000002J6C

CD-R Note: This product is manufactured on demand when ordered from Amazon.com.

"CD-Rs and DVD-Rs (the "R" stands for "recordable") look like the discs you're used to and offer the same audio and image quality. This recordable media is used to manufacture titles on demand, as fully authorized by the content provider.

Through manufacturing on demand, CreateSpace, part of the Amazon.com group of companies, enables Amazon.com to offer music and video content that might not otherwise be available. Each disc comes fully packaged, with artwork, in a standard jewel case for audio and an Amaray case for video, although for reissued products the artwork may differ from the original.

CreateSpace works with many of the leading music labels, television networks, film studios, and other distributors to make these titles available to Amazon.com customers. All products are manufactured from original source materials (e.g., for audio products, uncompressed CD-quality audio).

By eliminating inventory, waste, and inefficiencies in the distribution system, on-demand manufacturing provides the added benefit of helping preserve the environment.

When shopping, you'll see CD-R or DVD-R on the product detail page for such products. Amazon.com's standard return policy applies to these purchases."
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

Damn didn't known that amazon were selling cd-r. Just checked and my copy is the same that they have for sell, only that mine was much cheaper. I have to pay more attention in the future.
Thanks
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

I know that there is a Russian bootleg CD of Damien's "Stop This War" but does anyone know which issue of this album is bootlegged? ZYX Metallic, Mondo Music, N.E.W. Musidisc?
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

No surprise big platforms like Amazon are marketing their "pro" cd-r's that are licensed. With the collapse of cds as a format all over the world (accelerated by the massive postage price hikes from the US since the removal of international surface mail class, just think of how many times you said "Fuck ordering that from <insert country>, the postage is too high) it is a place for bands to reach customers that want their long out out of print back catalogue. Amazon is so gigantic they have special postage rates in place too. Look at how many small metal labels struggle to sell 500 press cd runs these days, let alone 1000 copies.

This has been going on for quite a few years for DVD's since the collapse of the dvd market after the rise of streaming.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Does anybody know if the first japanese pressing of Accept's "Breaker" on Polystar/Brain has the song "Son of a Bitch" in the normal uncensored version or does it feature the censored version "Born To Be Whipped"? It has "Son Of A Bitch" on the back inlay but "Born To Be Whipped" on the CD itself. Anybody has that CD and can confirm which version it has?
bobo

Post by bobo »

Zdan wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:45 pm Does anybody know if the first japanese pressing of Accept's "Breaker" on Polystar/Brain has the song "Son of a Bitch" in the normal uncensored version or does it feature the censored version "Born To Be Whipped"? It has "Son Of A Bitch" on the back inlay but "Born To Be Whipped" on the CD itself. Anybody has that CD and can confirm which version it has?
On Polystar is censored version. I think that only on German 1st press is the original version. I'm talking here only for 1st presses, not remasters.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Does this CD look like a bootleg to you or maybe an original verson (Heretic - Breaking Point first pressing)?

upload images

upload images

upload images
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

imho it's legit (there are two versions of this cd on Metal Blade)
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Thanks!

I think this is the first one. Of course I welcome all additional opinions :)