Chevalier - Medieval Speed Metal from Finland

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Ironhead

Re: Chevalier - Medieval Speed Metal from Finland

Post by Ironhead »

Gates of Hell Records just announced our upcoming split with Legionnaire!

The Devil is within us all...
pzman

Post by pzman »

Great, can't wait for this!
sheriff_lobo

Post by sheriff_lobo »

Good news about the upcoming split!
Ironhead wrote:Sarlacc Productions will be doing a tape version.
Any idea if this is still going to happen? Are there plans to release the "A Call To Arms" Demo on other formats (CD / Vinyl) too?
Ironhead

Post by Ironhead »

CD version is at press through Forgotten Wisdom Productions in France right now, with the tape the endless delay has led to another arrangement, news about that soon...
morbidsodomizer

Post by morbidsodomizer »

Out within few weeks!!!

CHEVALIER - ” A Call to Arms ” (Finland) MCD 2017 (Metal Warning / Forgotten Wisdom Prod. / Rock Stakk Records)
https://chevalier.bandcamp.com/album/a-call-to-arms

1. Under the Sceptre 06:29
2. The Sorcerer 04:41
3. The Awakening 05:40
4. Chevalier 04:30
5. Ride for Revenge 05:40
6. Defenestration 05:22

Total Playing Time 32:22 of Metal to the Bone.

Coming from Finland, with a french name, no doubt that CHEVALIER holds the scepter of a long inheritage. They play Heavy Speed Metal deeply anchored in the 80's tradition, while still not being a retro covering band. Far from stealing riffs here and there, CHEVALIER manage to create Heavy Metal hymns that awaken the true spirit. Heavy Speed Metal anthems led by the strong female voice, filled with guitar leads and duels, supported by fast pounding rhythms, giving the shivers when come the choruses that create legendary Metal songs ! It's hard not to raise the fist and yell "Chevalier"or "Knights side by side, under the sceptre we fight" !

CHEVALIER gathers the best memories of bands like Running Wild, Mercyful Fate, and obviously the french glorious bands ADX, Sortilège or H-Bomb, while the female front singer brings back Acid in our hearts. Also the raw production of this release brings an unique atmosphere, that could only be compared to the early Master's Hammer works. "A Call to Arms" is now bringed on CD by an unholy meeting of three labels : Metal Warning from Finland, Rock Stakk from Japan and Forgotten Wisdom Prod from France. Not need to say how proud we are to welcome this french Speed Metal homage and releasing it under our banner !!
(Text by Thomas of Forgotten Wisdom Prod.)

Price including shipping by airmail:
(Price 7 EUR + shipping)

*9 EUR inside FINLAND

*10 EUR inside EUROPE
*9 EUR inside EUROPE (without jewelcase)

*13 EUR outside EUROPE
*10 EUR outside EUROPE (surfacemail)
*9 EUR outside EUROPE (without jewelcase)

If wish registered airmail. Need to add 10 EUR extra!

morbidsodomizer@yahoo.com
Hey You HEAVY METAL Heroes!
Ironhead

Post by Ironhead »

News about the CD release above, American & Canadian people can also get it faster and cheaper (I guess) from Temple of Mystery Records webstore. The tape version should be out fairly soon too through Heavy Chains Records.
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

Ironhead wrote: The tape version should be out fairly soon too through Heavy Chains Records.
?? I already have the tape version (have to check what label, but i thought it was self released) Still waiting for the CD version of this.
Ironhead

Post by Ironhead »

Zanker wrote:
Ironhead wrote: The tape version should be out fairly soon too through Heavy Chains Records.
?? I already have the tape version (have to check what label, but i thought it was self released) Still waiting for the CD version of this.
We made a small batch of DIY tapes to sell at gigs before the pro tapes get released. CD you can now order from Metal Warning (info a few messages above), Forgotten Wisdom or Temple of Mystery.
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

Thanks for the info. Just one small question: are all these tapes without tracklist as mine doesn't have one. Not on the tape, J-card. Maybe i'm missing an insert or something? Not a big issue ofcourse as tracklist can be found easily on the net. I've already placed my order for the CD weeks ago.
Ironhead

Post by Ironhead »

Zanker wrote:Thanks for the info. Just one small question: are all these tapes without tracklist as mine doesn't have one. Not on the tape, J-card. Maybe i'm missing an insert or something? Not a big issue ofcourse as tracklist can be found easily on the net. I've already placed my order for the CD weeks ago.
You're not missing anything, this version was kept very minimalistic, like a promo version, since we have the proper one coming with full layout.
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

Ironhead wrote:
Zanker wrote:Thanks for the info. Just one small question: are all these tapes without tracklist as mine doesn't have one. Not on the tape, J-card. Maybe i'm missing an insert or something? Not a big issue ofcourse as tracklist can be found easily on the net. I've already placed my order for the CD weeks ago.
You're not missing anything, this version was kept very minimalistic, like a promo version, since we have the proper one coming with full layout.
Thanks for the info! This minimalistic tape is just my thing! Not a big fan of bells and whistles when it comes to tapes and records.
heavychains

Post by heavychains »

Official cassette version is now available!

use the coupon HCRTAPE at the checkout to pick up any three Heavy Chains cassette releases for $20.00 AUD

Chevalier - A Call to Arms MC

Hailing from Finland, Chevalier bring six hymns of epic speed metal magic! On their debut recording, we are treated to a barrage of powerful heavy metal, drawing from influences ranging from early German speed metal to the melodic heavy metal coming out of France in the 1980s.

A Call to Arms combines strong female vocals with great melodic guitar work to create a unique atmosphere that is held together with a killer raw production that sounds as though it was recorded in some long forgotten dungeon.

Order on cassette

Stream

Be sure to check out the latest additions to the Heavy Chains Store, we have just added some more killer , cassettes, CDs, and LPs!
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

heavychains wrote:Official cassette version is now available!

use the coupon HCRTAPE at the checkout to pick up any three Heavy Chains cassette releases for $20.00 AUD

Hailing from Finland, Chevalier bring six hymns of epic speed metal magic! On their debut recording, we are treated to a barrage of powerful heavy metal, drawing from influences ranging from early German speed metal to the melodic heavy metal coming out of France in the 1980s.

A Call to Arms combines strong female vocals with great melodic guitar work to create a unique atmosphere that is held together with a killer raw production that sounds as though it was recorded in some long forgotten dungeon.

Order on cassette

Stream

Be sure to check out the latest additions to the Heavy Chains Store, we have just added some more killer , cassettes, CDs, and LPs!
Great! Will some European distros have this for sale or how much is shipping one tape to Belgium please?
fengisriprider

Post by fengisriprider »

Great release, can't wait for more material!!
"Without the holy grail, only evil can prevail."
heavychains

Post by heavychains »

Zanker wrote:
heavychains wrote:Official cassette version is now available!

Order on cassette

Stream

Great! Will some European distros have this for sale or how much is shipping one tape to Belgium please?
https://www.dying-victims.de/ will have copies!