Unknown NWOBHM demos and "demo only" bands

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
loxx

Re: Unknown NWOBHM demos and "demo only" bands

Post by loxx »

Abigail Conrad wrote:
Dzięki AC! What's the bandname? The dude on the left has a fucking sick leather jacket.

Rumblefist is probably right, on small town/local level this was not that uncommon it seems, the bigger the city, the more political and radical the shit got. Thx for the pics.
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

:shock:

Some of these pics aren't new for my eyes - others are.

There's a Widow pic on this lot.
Knowledge Is Power
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Abigail Conrad wrote:http://imgur.com/a/nVR5C
Shader! A late uncle of mine had a copy of the Bad New Blues 7".
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Abigail Conrad

Post by Abigail Conrad »

loxx wrote:
Abigail Conrad wrote:
Dzięki AC! What's the bandname? The dude on the left has a fucking sick leather jacket.

Rumblefist is probably right, on small town/local level this was not that uncommon it seems, the bigger the city, the more political and radical the shit got. Thx for the pics.

It's not really NWOBHM bands. Formed too late.
But the origin of the members....
https://www.facebook.com/46527648362004 ... =3&theater
lynx

Post by lynx »

Here's one that was too early to be NWOBHM, some members were from Barbados, Luv Machine:

Some info on the band:
https://music.meo.pt/artist/luv-machine ... 7y4fNYzQOA

[youtube]YLntmOCAvvg[/youtube]

They could have been an influence on the NWOBHM.
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

Post-NWOBHM bands Blazon or even Dragonsi (from the North Lincolnshire) who released a 3-songs demo on a MCD back in 1992 - both are way better than Slander in my opinion.

Dragonsi

Knowledge Is Power
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

rumblefist wrote:Post-NWOBHM bands Blazon or even Dragonsi (from the North Lincolnshire) who released a 3-songs demo on a MCD back in 1992 - both are way better than Slander in my opinion.

Dragonsi

:?:

I have no idea what "Post-NWOBHM" is but neither of these bands sound like they are from the UK circa '78-'82. I have both CD's and they are also uploaded on youtube in full for anyone else that would like to confirm.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

Avenger wrote:
rumblefist wrote: I have no idea what "Post-NWOBHM" is but neither of these bands sound like they are from the UK circa '78-'82. I have both CD's and they are also uploaded on youtube in full for anyone else that would like to confirm.
Indeed ???

Only until 1982 ?

Well, i go further, a bit further yes.
Otherwise i advise you to check the NWOBHM Encyclopedia (isn't the bible, but so far is the best yet) and see how many releases after 1982 are there featured...

If you start on 1978, i just have to say there are much more NWOBHM in 1984 than on that year.
About the term post-NWOBHM, not many people use it, it is true. It's more used to describe releases after the NWOBHM ended completely (once again - for me it's around 1984) but that still have "traces" in their sound like they were a NWOBHM band.

a good example it's this Seducer demo of 1988

About Dragonsi, if you listen all crap done in 1992, perhaps you could conclude how not updated they were.
I still recall here some opinions about Slander, when Stormspell released it and how much NWOBHM sounding they still were. Never agreed with those opinions but respected it anyway.

Blazon - listen the demo (not yet on M.A. and if it goes by me, it will stay like it is) not the CD.
Knowledge Is Power
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

rumblefist wrote:
Avenger wrote:
rumblefist wrote: I have no idea what "Post-NWOBHM" is but neither of these bands sound like they are from the UK circa '78-'82. I have both CD's and they are also uploaded on youtube in full for anyone else that would like to confirm.
Indeed ???

Only until 1982 ?

Well, i go further, a bit further yes.
Otherwise i advise you to check the NWOBHM Encyclopedia (isn't the bible, but so far is the best yet) and see how many releases after 1982 are there featured...

If you start on 1978, i just have to say there are much more NWOBHM in 1984 than on that year.
About the term post-NWOBHM, not many people use it, it is true. It's more used to describe releases after the NWOBHM ended completely (once again - for me it's around 1984) but that still have "traces" in their sound like they were a NWOBHM band.

a good example it's this Seducer demo of 1988

About Dragonsi, if you listen all crap done in 1992, perhaps you could conclude how not updated they were.
I still recall here some opinions about Slander, when Stormspell released it and how much NWOBHM sounding they still were. Never agreed with those opinions but respected it anyway.

Blazon - listen the demo (not yet on M.A. and if it goes by me, it will stay like it is) not the CD.
You mentioned Dragonsi's 1992 material...

Either way, no point further debating this in the wrong thread when we've both already posted regarding this topic here:

http://thecorroseum.org/forum/viewtopic ... wobhm+year

That Seducer demo looks interesting though. I've never heard it.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Abigail Conrad

Post by Abigail Conrad »

DaN wrote:Don't suppose there's anyone out there who knows more about the old Essex band AVALON featured on the Points Of Departure local sampler?

To me this is one of the best and most research-inspiring one-off comp-tunes of the (post?-)NWOBHM era:

[youtube]9ZOJWN1q2E8[/youtube]
In 1984 they released the demo - Knights Of The Realm (3 track)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jthGosQjJ78
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

FTW (Wigan - 1982/1983)

Knowledge Is Power
lynx

Post by lynx »

[youtube]6s4_LFMuq4g[/youtube]
I guess I'm posting this because of the thread being about blacks in NWOBHM in the last few pages, but if you click on the YouTube name and view it in another tab, that channel has mainly NWOBHM demo-only bands, I think he also put out some reissues.