Cirith Ungol returns!

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Khnud

Re: Cirith Ungol returns!

Post by Khnud »

Tims voice was insanely good. He sounded better than I could have ever imagined. The set list was out of this world. 10/10.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Le fjump

Post by Le fjump »

Chaos rising is one of my favourite CU songs and was my favourite in the set. Amazing.
My steel isn´t true and that makes me a sad panda...
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Accidental double post, could a mod delete this one please?
Last edited by bigfootkit on Thu May 04, 2017 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

I'm jealous as hell. I just spent the last hour watching vids from KIT on YT and was pretty impressed by every one i watched.
Ungol sounded terrific, Manilla Road too & Traitor's Gate were far better than i'd expected.
Wasn't expecting to see 'Bobby' from 'Sons Of Anarchy' playing bass with Ashbury, that was a real surprise.

:lol:
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Northwinds

Post by Northwinds »

What a small world. I am getting a 300lp collection sent to me from a guy who bought Tim Baker's brother Dan's record collection. He only kept a few classic rock titles, the rest is on the way to me. Pretty excited to see what's in it. I know some early Metallica and Cirith Ungol is included
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

They played yesterday at UTH. A colossal appearance. With all due respect to all the classic heavy metal bands that have reunited the past 20 years and which I have personally have seen live, I have to say with absolute certainty that none of them comes close to what Cirith Ungol did.
Passion and precision, perfect execution, Tim Baker sounding more demonic than ever before, no crappy new songs to ruin the setlist, this was surely one to remember. Metal in its purest and darkest form.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
whiteravenmetal

Post by whiteravenmetal »

Cirith Ungol at KIT was defenitely one of the most oustanding live performances I have witnessed in my life, few bands have mesmerized me to such level where I don't know what the hell is going on besides those mighty melodies my being is experiencing. I Absolutely share everything that has been expressed about you guys respecting the band, a larger than life experience. On the other hand I almost get to tears when I discovered that my all life favorite song was dropped out of the setlist, listening it live will have been the most glorious thing I could have possibly asked for.
Attachments
cu.jpg
cu.jpg (99.76 KiB) Viewed 6090 times
Obsessed by Metal

Post by Obsessed by Metal »

they didn't play Death of the Sun either at UTH...anyone knows why since it was in the initial setlist?
Over all was an evil silence, broken only by the satanic laughter of hyenas
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I'm guessing it was probably due to time constraints of the set. They had to bring it down by a few minutes and that track was the casualty.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Aiden

Post by Aiden »

Can't wait to catch them at Hammer of Doom. So happy to hear the glowing reviews but I'm refusing to watch any clips. That set list will do just fine!!
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

words fail me and everyone else. most magical experience ever. if you re thinking about it, and you consider yourselves CU fans, do yourselves a favor.
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
Aiden

Post by Aiden »

Only a few more days until Hammer Of Doom. King of the Dead in its entirety as part of a 2 hour set. Can't ask for much more than that. Bliss.

Anyone else heading along?
Aiden

Post by Aiden »

Tims voice was truly incredible. The feeling of hearing him shouting 'I'm Alive' is something I'll never forget.
The way the backdrop would change to the album cover that the song came from was fantastic. Those beautiful artworks on a screen that size really added to it.
Looking forward to seeing how the recording worked out.