Roadrunner/Roadracer [now on The Corroseum website!]

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Noisenik

Re: Roadrunner/Roadracer

Post by Noisenik »

DaN wrote:I knew we had an old thread about this, so I might as well use it...

Part 1 of The Corroseum's Roadrunner/Roadracer/RC Records discography is now finished! Hopefully this should give a picture of how the different sublabels worked, but it's quite a mess. I'm halfway done with Part 2, it might be up in a month or so - there's where things start to get really complicated.

As always, corrections/additions are more than welcomed.
Ah, so this was a project that was taking majority of your spare time. Cheers, man, will check it asap.
I am ... the One you warned me of
DaN
Administructor

Re: Roadrunner/Roadracer [now on The Corroseum website!]

Post by DaN »

I've now finished Part 2 of the Roadrunner discography. All that work and all we get is one loooong boring list of records, plenty of which are neither good nor Metal ...BUT afaik it's the only page of its kind that gives the full 1981-1992ish picture of the output of the largest Metal label in the world, including all the sublabels. Hopefully it's of some use to collectors and Metal historians.

The singles and promos are next, but I'll probably do something different inbetween - I need a break from googling catalogue numbers for a while :lol:
MetalDelight

Post by MetalDelight »

Thank you for all the hard work that went into compiling these lists!
Much appreciated since all the varieties in the roadrunner/roadracer pressings confused me a lot as well :-)

Maybe a couple of additions:
Joey Tafolla - Out Of The Sun; was also released on Roadrunner CD.
Realm - Endless War CD; I have two copies, one that has the Roadrunner label on the cd, the other one carries the Roadracer logo. Both made in Germany and housed in the same Roadracer booklets and traycards.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Great work but how come some labels discography ends sooner then others? For the sake of consistency shouldn't they all end at the same point? For example 1992?

MetalDelight wrote:Thank you for all the hard work that went into compiling these lists!
Much appreciated since all the varieties in the roadrunner/roadracer pressings confused me a lot as well :-)

Maybe a couple of additions:
Realm - Endless War CD; I have two copies, one that has the Roadrunner label on the cd, the other one carries the Roadracer logo. Both made in Germany and housed in the same Roadracer booklets and traycards.
There's also a pressing on the R/C sub-label for the North American market.

Many corrections to be made and so little time unfortunately.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
MetalDelight

Post by MetalDelight »

Avenger wrote: There's also a pressing on the R/C sub-label for the North American market.
Correct, but it was mentioned (R/C logo) in the list :-)
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

MetalDelight wrote:
Avenger wrote: There's also a pressing on the R/C sub-label for the North American market.
Correct, but it was mentioned (R/C logo) in the list :-)
I was just using that as an example that many of the CD's exist in different pressings but aren't listed.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Part 3 - Singles, EPs and promos is now finished. Well, the main list is, but as always there's plenty of holes, esp in the promo-dept. If anyone's sitting on any odd RR promo-stuff (including cassettes), please check the list if there's something I've missed!
MetalDelight wrote:Maybe a couple of additions:
JT CD added, cheers. Could that REALM Roadrunner version be this bootleg perhaps? --> https://www.discogs.com/Realm-Endless-W ... se/5580159
Avenger wrote:Great work but how come some labels discography ends sooner then others? For the sake of consistency shouldn't they all end at the same point? For example 1992?
I think that would be even less consistent considering how different labels stopped releasing real Metal at different times. There are however a few of the pages that I intend to expand in the near future, for instance the Noise-page as mentioned before..
Avenger wrote:I was just using that as an example that many of the CD's exist in different pressings but aren't listed.
There are also many vinyl pressing variations that aren't mentioned in the page. I've only intended to sort out which releases came out in Europe, the US or both, and on which sublabel.
MetalDelight

Post by MetalDelight »

Thanks again voor part 3. I appreciate your works!
Could that REALM Roadrunner version be this bootleg perhaps? --> https://www.discogs.com/Realm-Endless-W ... se/5580159
No, it absolutely isn't the bootleg which is also in my collection.
Will post pics later.
MetalDelight

Post by MetalDelight »

Here's the picture of the "Realm- Endless War" variations.
Both made in Germany and both carry the same matrix: SONOPRESS C-5256 / RO95092 A