Recent Metal Finds

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Prowler

Re: Recent Metal Finds (2016)

Post by Prowler »

Have it! :twisted:
Seems someone has found a box with these singles as I saw quite alot on ebay in the past months. He later sold them for a few buxx only. Unfortunately the US postage is too high nowadays, it could be a real bargain otherwise. I've worse US crap than this in my shelves ...
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

Just wished to say to whoever submitted MIRROR MIRROR (UK) to Metal Archives describing it as Thrash-Metal that he is deeply wrong.

These Bristol fellows did 3 demos on 1989 + 1990 and were considered the british Queensryche...

listen 1 track here - http://picosong.com/UHgY/
Knowledge Is Power
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Finally got Mercyful Fate "Don't Break the Oath" on japanese FEMS CD with OBI.

Anybody got Melissa on FEMS for sale? :)
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

the 2 unsleeved singles are Roland Quest and High Risque
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

rumblefist wrote:Just wished to say to whoever submitted MIRROR MIRROR (UK) to Metal Archives describing it as Thrash-Metal that he is deeply wrong.

These Bristol fellows did 3 demos on 1989 + 1990 and were considered the british Queensryche...

listen 1 track here - http://picosong.com/UHgY/
Futuresynner is our good friend "Prowler" here...

He's obviously more concerned about taking pictures of his entire collection then submitting accurate data, hence, his decision to ignore your post and continue on "business as usual".

Either way, I will submit the correction.

Cheers.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Because I never heard anybody talking about this nice pice (Crash - Games 12" 1987), I wonder is it just too unknown or too crappy for Corro users?
I think it features pretty cool melodic US Metal on the A side with a great voice.

Sound clip:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Crash-Games-C ... true&rt=nc
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I think I posted the Crash songs on here once before, no one cared about it then. Collecting unknown vinyl doesn't seem to be the main focus around here anymore...
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Damn, not that I complain about a real bargain, but with a soundclip like that added I thought I'd never get this (sealed) Maxi for that price. The "Games" track is something I could listen to over and over again. If the B-side wouldn't have that crappy refrain ... but the doomy main riff sounds nice too. That (black) guitarist Danny Praz seemed to be a little guitar hero, but not as penetrant as Yngwie f.e., he'd more play for the band.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I contacted him years ago, nice guy. Interesting fact - my copy has solid red labels and the name of the band is "Danny Praz and the Rock Patrol". Same songs though.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Yes, it seems they have made a second edition. The one I bought is the first edition (I think so, at least it's made earlier than yours) when the band was still called CRASH. Then they pressed a second edition with red labels and a sticker on labels with the new band name "Danny Praz and the Rock Patrol". So they changed the band name right when the second edition was in production. Maybe you can confirm that (just for my curiosity)?

I've seen another copy last year like my version, not sealed, but it had a promotion picture of Danny Praz enclosed. Since there was no sound clip in that that auction, I wasn't sure if I should buy that copy because I never heard anyone recommending or even talking about that record and he didn't look much like a Metal guitarist either, only his guitar looked Metal. :wink:
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Cannot confirm as there's no date on my release. I think you're correct with the red label version being a later issue. It makes sense because the name Crash is printed on the label, and pasted over with a sticker with the name Danny Praz and the Rock Patrol. You can check the labels on Discogs, the photos are of my copy. I bought it for $5 so I'm not complaining. :-)

I'm quite certain there were youtube clips of the band playing the songs live, but I can't find them now.

Anyhoo, "Games" is a great song. Why not post the entire single in Poisonoise?
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

I'm quite certain there were youtube clips of the band playing the songs live, but I can't find them now.

here's one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JkJxsNtZjI
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Mr. Praz doesn't seem coloured to me. But it doesn't matter. Thanks for finding it!

Oh, and here's my first catch of the year:
Attachments
Obsessed.jpg
Obsessed.jpg (88.3 KiB) Viewed 3647 times
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Khnud wrote:Mr. Praz doesn't seem coloured to me.
Neither to me ... but on that promo picture he was ... who know what picture it was ... lol
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

Prowler wrote:Image

Because I never heard anybody talking about this nice pice (Crash - Games 12" 1987), I wonder is it just too unknown or too crappy for Corro users?
I think it features pretty cool melodic US Metal on the A side with a great voice.
It was indeed discussed some years ago by Khnud and Chatzial. Got it also for 10$ :D My version is also the one with red labels, but it does not have that sticker on it....Anyway, the A side is really awesome!