HUGE collections, manic collectors and competlists

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
deathster

Post by deathster »

In 2001 I visited Andi Preisig house near Stuttgart somewhere. Yeah, records were all over the house.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

The question would then be: What's still missing in his collection? (of the known 80s metal)?

And I'm also curious, if he's into thrash as well:
- does he have Exodus - A Lesson in Violence CD?
- does he have Xentrix - Ghostbusters CD single with original (banned) art work?
Fils Du Metal

Post by Fils Du Metal »

The question would then be: What's still missing in his collection? (of the known 80s metal)?

- does he have Xentrix - Ghostbusters CD single with original (banned) art work?
there is always missing something in a collection.

The two CDs you listed are absolute standard, nothing special. Funny caue I think you have no imagination of a BIG CD collection. When you come to KIT or BYH we can go to him for sure...

He bought those all when released anyway and as he is a big dealer he comes actros them a dozen times a year. For CDs still much easier than for Lps.Especially when you travel through the world during the year and check all stores, shops and fairs...(he is at least 3 times in the USA and 2 times in Japan and severall trips through Europe each year although it gets harder but I think in Japan there is still enough to find on CD)
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Well for sure I can't imagine a 6 digit CD collection, it's hard enought to imagine a 5 digit one :)

I asked for those two CDs since I don't know anyone who owns them (nor did I see them for sale), not even people like Karsten (aka yetisued, who's about the same age as Andi) - for example he was asking me if I know anything more about that banned Xentrix, so I suppose that he never saw it offered anywhere either.

... well if he really can get spare copies of those two (for reasonable price!), then please let me know :)
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Warepire

Post by Warepire »

He has many items that I am dying to own :P At least he is more likely to be honest compared to enjoythailand who also have over 12000 albums (but not a single data entry or forum post)
TheGreatEscape

Post by TheGreatEscape »

Fils Du Metal wrote:

there is always missing something in a collection.

The two CDs you listed are absolute standard, nothing special.

I like this "absolute standart, nothing special"-phrase!

:lol: :roll: :lol:
Hans

Re: HUGE collections, manic collectors and competlists

Post by Hans »

Rereading this old thread, and found an interview with fellow countryman R Haagsma.
Ill share it, you can see pictures of his collection, pretty neat.

https://recordcollectoreurope.wordpress ... therlands/
Avenger

Re:

Post by Avenger »

I remember back when I actually used musik sammler, it was suggested that a few guys just built fake collections for what I would assume to be the "envy" of others because every time a new item would be added the the database it was in their collections shortly afterwards. I can't remember if this guy was one of them though. With a user name like "cockbanged" it would make sense to be a joke account.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
sovdat

Re: Re:

Post by sovdat »

Avenger wrote:
I remember back when I actually used musik sammler, it was suggested that a few guys just built fake collections for what I would assume to be the "envy" of others because every time a new item would be added the the database it was in their collections shortly afterwards. I can't remember if this guy was one of them though. With a user name like "cockbanged" it would make sense to be a joke account.
I suppose that's true for user called enjoythailand, but cockbanged actually added tons of releases himself and he replied back with additional info on several entries I've asked him so I suppose it's real ...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

So noone knows who this Cockbanged guy is yet? There's an album he has in his collection at m-s that I've been trying to find more info on for many years, but now I feel almost certain it doesn't exist. I tried to pm they guy about this but never got a reply :(
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

DaN wrote:So noone knows who this Cockbanged guy is yet? There's an album he has in his collection at m-s that I've been trying to find more info on for many years, but now I feel almost certain it doesn't exist. I tried to pm they guy about this but never got a reply :(
Most forums discussing the guy seem convinced it's really Andi P. I don't know.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
martinsane

Post by martinsane »

Hans wrote:Rereading this old thread, and found an interview with fellow countryman R Haagsma.
Ill share it, you can see pictures of his collection, pretty neat.

https://recordcollectoreurope.wordpress ... therlands/

Totally neat! Thanks for sharing, very nice looking music room, color me envious wish I had my own space.