Recent Metal Finds

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
doomedplanet

Re: Recent Metal Finds (2016)

Post by doomedplanet »

Only a DHP copy but I got it for a pretty reasonable price and originals are stupid expensive these days, when they rarely turn up.

OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

Last few entries:

Congratz on the orig. SATANS HOST ! (still the best album of all time.)

I'd like to have that HIGH VOLTAGE too someday, nice fine!

Oh quite a while since I saw the last DEATH WARRANT (lim. 500), nice score!

And holy cow, TERRAHSPHERE is not a filler, it's a criminally underrated cultclassic!!! RE-EMERGING OF ATLANTIS is hysterical hypnothical Speed Metal in perfection, true alltime-favorite of mine. Mmmmm I just realize that I somehow must have a spot for albums with horrible sound, dunno why that is...
We praise the blood that metal brings
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Musically Terrahsphere are not bad, I just don't like the vocals. It's definitely not the future of Thrash Metal as claimed on the back sleeve. The bad production comes from the demo production. The recordings originally were just demos takes. NRR put them on vinyl. In a way like "Conclusion and revival" of Darkness. I just got the original demo. The Gama owner Axel Tubenvillie immediately pressed those low budget recordings on vinyl and just changed the track order ... therefore it sounds as it sounds ... :roll:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
OmenOfSteel

Post by OmenOfSteel »

Prowler wrote:Musically Terrahsphere are not bad, I just don't like the vocals. It's definitely not the future of Thrash Metal as claimed on the back sleeve.:
They strongly remind me on VEKTOR, so I'd say the claim is damn accurate.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

OmenOfSteel wrote:
Prowler wrote:Musically Terrahsphere are not bad, I just don't like the vocals. It's definitely not the future of Thrash Metal as claimed on the back sleeve.:
They strongly remind me on VEKTOR, so I'd say the claim is damn accurate.
No, it isn't ... 8)
OmenOfSteel

Post by OmenOfSteel »

Prowler wrote:No, it isn't ... 8)
It shreds Dissections - Final Genocide to oblivion. Discussion over, I won.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Gentlemen, we have a winner here indeed.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

OmenOfSteel wrote:
Prowler wrote:No, it isn't ... 8)
It shreds Dissections - Final Genocide to oblivion. Discussion over, I won.
I'm without words ... and that happens not that often ... :o
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Got a shitload of records in the past weeks...

Trigger

Post by Trigger »

Prowler wrote:Got a shitload of records in the past weeks...

Oh yeah, this one sucks pretty much. Even myself, who collects aussie Metal and Hard Rock vinyls, has to think twice if he should buy this strange album for 100 $. I wonder that DaN "the Schäbi Metal Guru himself" hasn't discovered that "special record" yet. Haha, it would fantastically fit his usual low quality standards (Wheelz of Steel, Kuster, The Plads, Dwarr). Try it DaN, try! :wink:
Never trust the Goblin King....
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Trigger wrote:
Prowler wrote:Got a shitload of records in the past weeks...

Oh yeah, this one sucks pretty much. Even myself, who collects aussie Metal and Hard Rock vinyls, has to think twice if he should buy this strange album for 100 $. I wonder that DaN "the Schäbi Metal Guru himself" hasn't discovered that "special record" yet. Haha, it would fantastically fit his usual low quality standards (Wheelz of Steel, Kuster, The Plads, Dwarr). Try it DaN, try! :wink:
lol You are soooo right, but it was since forever on the list and the price I got it for was "ok".
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

The Great White debut was a real surprise ... didn't ever expect to listen to US Metal from this band. haha
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Prowler wrote:I wonder that DaN "the Schäbi Metal Guru himself" hasn't discovered that "special record" yet. Haha, it would fantastically fit his usual low quality standards (Wheelz of Steel, Kuster, The Plads, Dwarr). Try it DaN, try! :wink:
Are you referring to the MALIBRAN lp? Of course I had to listen to some songs on youtube but was a bit disappointed. Sounded like odinary prog to me. Well, the intros made me think of Black Hole there for a while and Pyramid's Street had some nice heavy Egypto-metal riffing, but otherwise this was pretty mediocre. As in neither good nor bad enough for me :|
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

DaN wrote:
Prowler wrote:I wonder that DaN "the Schäbi Metal Guru himself" hasn't discovered that "special record" yet. Haha, it would fantastically fit his usual low quality standards (Wheelz of Steel, Kuster, The Plads, Dwarr). Try it DaN, try! :wink:
Are you referring to the MALIBRAN lp? Of course I had to listen to some songs on youtube but was a bit disappointed. Sounded like odinary prog to me. Well, the intros made me think of Black Hole there for a while and Pyramid's Street had some nice heavy Egypto-metal riffing, but otherwise this was pretty mediocre. As in neither good nor bad enough for me :|
No, I meant Charley Browne ... that's a bit "strange" Metal. But they could play indeed.
Malibran is interesting, but it's too proggy for me either. It has heavy moments though and nice solos, but then 7 min complete Prog Rock rush ... one of those trax takes almost a whole side. 11 minutes or so ... it was a really heavy caliber for my old ears.