New Testament (Russia) - Allelujah (1990)

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
rumblefist

New Testament (Russia) - Allelujah (1990)

Post by rumblefist »

Since there is appreciation for old Russian Metal here on the Forum, i thought of uploading something more obscure. Perhaps some of you guys still don't know it...as i never see no-one refers their name when people list what russian bands they like...
Sorry for not putting here the original name of the band and album title but my russian is terrible.
By the way, this is white-metal and it's pretty good. Better than lots of US christian bands around same period.

Image Image

DONWLOAD HERE -
Exclusive content for logged in users.
Knowledge Is Power
Ernest Thesiger

Re: New Testament (Russia) - Allelujah (1990)

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Ah, Novy Zavet. Thanks for this!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Thanks for this ! I only know the "Apocalypse" album that was re-released a few years ago By Stormspell records.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Good album, still need this lp after all these years.

tracklist:
1. Halleluyah
2. Hristianskoe Jitie (Christian Life)
3. Po Tvoei Vole (By Your Own Will)
4. Rab (Slave
5. Milost Mira (Mercy Of The World)
6. Propovednik Dobra (Preacher Of The Light)
7. Blajenny Pavel (St Paul)
demophil

Re: Novyij Zavet (Russia) - Allilujya (1990)

Post by demophil »

The band name is "Novyij Zavet"...it makes no sense to translate foreign names into english.
I think the only solution when it comes to non-latin writings (greek, russian, chinese and whatsoever) should just transliterate the names, not translating them. Even as a matter of respect to the band itself.
Otherwise we should talk of Grave from Brazil or remember how good was the album of italians Strange Workshop.
It would sound strange and a bit disrespectful to talk about how nice were some songs of Lemon from Czechoslovakia, isn't it?

Anyway, this album is not one of the best from soviet times. There is also a rare CD edition with the second album (minus one track) as bonus.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

demophil wrote:The band name is "Novyij Zavet"...it makes no sense to translate foreign names into english.
I think the only solution when it comes to non-latin writings (greek, russian, chinese and whatsoever) should just transliterate the names, not translating them. Even as a matter of respect to the band itself.
Otherwise we should talk of Grave from Brazil or remember how good was the album of italians Strange Workshop.
It would sound strange and a bit disrespectful to talk about how nice were some songs of Lemon from Czechoslovakia, isn't it?
...except NEW TESTAMENT is an official translation and name variation that the band has chosen for themselves and included on at least 2 of their albums. "Novyij Zavet" is a transliteration NEVER used by the band*. How disrespectful of you to use it :P

*=they use "Novy Zavet"
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

We used both "Novoy Zavet" and "New Testament" on the Apocalypse re-release. It made sense to translate it coz people would know what it means.

I also had plans to re-release the other albums too, but Apocalypse sold so poorly I never got around investing more cash in this project... Although to be honest I prefer the first two albums a lot more. But not as much as to invest shitload of money into it and then sell less then 100 CDs :)

Also Gorby's new band Sabotaj (Sabotage) is killer power/doom, in the best traditions of the genre:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM2aGkJu1oM

Interesting trivia: Gorby is a stutter. He actually started singing as part of the stuttering therapy. The rest is history as they say :)
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Holy shit if Ozzy only had that upper vocal register still. real downside is that downtuned guitar, ruined everything.
Stormspell wrote: Also Gorby's new band Sabotaj (Sabotage) is killer power/doom, in the best traditions of the genre:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM2aGkJu1oM

Interesting trivia: Gorby is a stutter. He actually started singing as part of the stuttering therapy. The rest is history as they say :)
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

I have their albums, first 2 on LP, reissue 3rd album on CD via Stormspell.

I beg to differ... the downside of this band is the vocals argh!