Stone Vengeance - 2CD on H.T.H Records (Russia)

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
demophil

Stone Vengeance - 2CD on H.T.H Records (Russia)

Post by demophil »

As I was mentioning it in another topic, here are some images taken from the booklet.
Out soon (now?) on HTH Records. I know Nick got already the copies from the pressing plant, I don't know when they will be available for sale/trade as he's a bit busy with his band Hell's Thrash Horsemen. You can get in touch with him at his Facebook
But the important thing is that the 2xCD is printed and available already.
Once again thanks to Nick Komshukov for the big opportunity, a really cool man!

Noisenik

Re: Stone Vengeance - 2CD on H.T.H Records (Russia)

Post by Noisenik »

Wow ... does that contain everything they ever recorded ?
I am ... the One you warned me of
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Hell No. This contains all the early stuff, but not the 2 full length albums.

By the way Filippo seems to have done a pretty amazing job of restoring the unreleased '86 demo. I did the original transfer of this tape before I did the vinyl release, it was not used because I thought the tapes were too damaged to use, I didn't know anyone that could do the repairs that wouldn't charge thousands in studio time.
Noisenik wrote:Wow ... does that contain everything they ever recorded ?
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

By the way here is link to bandcamp so you can check the sound. track 13-18 are the songs I mention above that are really fixed up, impressive.

https://hth-productions.bandcamp.com/al ... -vengeance
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

I have both albums (got them from Mike Coffey himself) but Stone Vengeance is among my total favourites so this is a MUST for me. From what I have seen and heard this looks and sounds AMAZING.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

doomedplanet wrote:Hell No. This contains all the early stuff, but not the 2 full length albums.

By the way Filippo seems to have done a pretty amazing job of restoring the unreleased '86 demo. I did the original transfer of this tape before I did the vinyl release, it was not used because I thought the tapes were too damaged to use, I didn't know anyone that could do the repairs that wouldn't charge thousands in studio time.
Noisenik wrote:Wow ... does that contain everything they ever recorded ?
Well, I'm asking stupid questions, since there was no "contact" on my radar until today. So I haven't bothered to check.
I am ... the One you warned me of
demophil

Post by demophil »

Exactly....I called it "Discography" but actually it contains everything but the "To Kill Evil" CD 1998 and "The Angel" CD 2000.

In a few words, if you already have the 1998 CD 1998 and the 2000 CD, here you will find everything else, all the other demos/live/rehearsal/unreleased live song the band ever recorded in the 80's in its complete form (the "To Kill Evil" cd has just some extracts from this and that demo).

Now I don't have the tracklist in my hand (it's in the other pc) but there is:

-To Kill Evil Demo 1987 (complete)
-Wrath Cometh Rehearsal Demo 1985 (complete)
-Rehearsal Demo 1986 (complete)
+compilation tracks, rehearsal and unreleased live songs

It simply omits the Demo 1990 (which was reissued as "To Kill Evil" CD 1998: note that on the original Demo 1990 is composed by only the first 6 tracks listed on M-A while tracks 07/10 are taken from previous demos. These "bonus" songs were not included on the CD 1998 but luckily you can find them all and the complete demo sessions on this Double CD) and the new songs recorded when the band reactivated in the late 90's (session 1998 for the "To Kill Evil" CD and "The Angel" CD)

To be honest there was also a not-bad-at-all full Video Set rcorded back in 1986....we wanted to include it as a full Bonus-DVD but it took too much time and effort to restore it properly (restoring a video is not as easy as to restore audio tracks!) and it would be too much expensive....maybe it will be released in the future or maybe given to some label interested in it...let's see.

A special thanks first of all to Stone Vengeance and Michael Coffey as they always gave us free hand through the years and through the aborted projects....at one point he just wanted to release this material as download audio only because we couldn't find any label who to work with. And when we approached HTH, the band kept its honest and genuine attitude giving us free hand and letting us work for the final product. No pressures at all, no hurry, no special request....this was really cool!

And of course a big "Spasibo bolshoj" to Nick Komshukov/HTH....an amazing guy who said "ok, let's do it!" and didn't waste any time. He believed in this project since the very first istant. And he also organized some live gigs for Ayasiin Salkhi throughout Russia just after talking for 10 munutes about them. That's why I am so grateful to him as he really believes in what he does and he doesn't waste time at all. If this was possible, it's mainly because of him and his enthusiasm!

And - last but not least - to all those who supplied masters, to Doomed Planet Records for the concession and all the other people that I surely forgot - this had to happen around 2008-2009, it's almost 6-7 years ago and lot of water went under the bridges since that moment....plus I am not Filippo but his brother as Filippo retired from public forums many years ago due to some (known?) diatribes with the music industry....but I wanted to push him to dig out from our closet all those master and I prayed him to remaster these songs during his spare time (mostly during the holidays for the chinese new year) until everything was ready. Then I had the luck to talk with Nick/HTH, tell the news to the band and...that's it. With this CD we somehow close a chapter of our life which saw Filippo (and me, directly or indirectly) affected by some really bad luck, betrayed dreams and mistakes, greedy people and shitty course of life. But this release is - first of all - a product of Nick/HTH and Stone Vengeance who made it come true. Simple as that.

That's it. I hope you will like it and don't forget to send feedbacks to Nick/HTH if you get the CDs. I really owe him million of thanks. And to Stone Vengeance too :)
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Is the material on the "To Kill Evil" CD re-recorded or are these the original demo tracks?

Also, is the material on "The Angel" CD all new as of 2000?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
demophil

Post by demophil »

The "To Kill Evil" CD contains the "Stone Vengeance" Tape Album 1990 (tracks 01-10) + new recordings

The "Stone Vengeance" Tape Album 1990 is actually composed by 6 songs recorded in 1990 (tracks 01-06 on the original tape and tracks 05-10 on the "To Kill Evil" CD, which is the only CD which feature this session) + 4 songs taken from previously recording sessions (tracks 07-10 on the original tape and tracks 01-04 on the "To Kill Evil" CD, and they appear in their full recording session on the H.T.H CD)

The problem with SV is that they recorded only a bunch of songs but they all sound different from session to session.

Once you have the "To Kill Evil" CD (with the 6 songs recorded in the session 1990) and the Double CD on HTH you have ALL the original recording session made in the 80's

"The Angel" has new recordings made in the 2000's
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

demophil wrote:The "To Kill Evil" CD contains the "Stone Vengeance" Tape Album 1990 (tracks 01-10) + new recordings

The "Stone Vengeance" Tape Album 1990 is actually composed by 6 songs recorded in 1990 (tracks 01-06 on the original tape and tracks 05-10 on the "To Kill Evil" CD, which is the only CD which feature this session) + 4 songs taken from previously recording sessions (tracks 07-10 on the original tape and tracks 01-04 on the "To Kill Evil" CD, and they appear in their full recording session on the H.T.H CD)

The problem with SV is that they recorded only a bunch of songs but they all sound different from session to session.

Once you have the "To Kill Evil" CD (with the 6 songs recorded in the session 1990) and the Double CD on HTH you have ALL the original recording session made in the 80's

"The Angel" has new recordings made in the 2000's
Thanks for the response.

The reason I asked is because I was recently listening to the "To Kill Evil" CD and noticed the difference in recording between some of the tracks so it that got me looking for an answer.

I appreciate your help.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."