STEEL ASSASSIN from Bay Area, circa 1986

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Prowler

Re: STEEL ASSASSIN from Bay Area, circa 1986

Post by Prowler »

And what about posting an search-advertisement in a local SF newspaper?
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I'm a little late to the party since the material was digitized but of the one track available that I was able to listen to "Queen Of Sin" is a quality tune. Nothing ground breaking but very straightforward, no bullshit enjoyable traditional Metal. Have you checked to see if this has ever been copyrighted? If not, this would become public domain at around this point which would allow you to release it I believe. I'm not sure on exact details or time frames but from a legal standpoint a release of the material wouldn't be a bootleg.

Either way, I have been procrastinating my last Stormspell purchase and this would definitely get me to make it ASAP.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

Just to throw in some more confusion...
I think there's a 3rd Steel Assassin from a uncertain part of the US.

Intruder - demo track of 1982
http://picosong.com/XC5c/

It was ripped and uploaded by Egbert Berenst of Dark Wizard, Jagannath, Under Siege, etc.
sounds with lots of NWOBHM influences.
Knowledge Is Power
martinsane

Post by martinsane »

rumblefist wrote:Just to throw in some more confusion...
I think there's a 3rd Steel Assassin from a uncertain part of the US.

Intruder - demo track of 1982
http://picosong.com/XC5c/

It was ripped and uploaded by Egbert Berenst of Dark Wizard, Jagannath, Under Siege, etc.
sounds with lots of NWOBHM influences.
Cool. Thanks for sharing!
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I'm upping this, just to emphasise that if you buy stuff for +50 USD from Stormspell you get this release for free. And it's really worth it. Had this been released in 500 copies back in 1986, it would be as expensive as Leather Nunn by now.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

Khnud wrote:I'm upping this, just to emphasise that if you buy stuff for +50 USD from Stormspell you get this release for free. And it's really worth it. Had this been released in 500 copies back in 1986, it would be as expensive as Leather Nunn by now.
I thought this was a limited offer for a week. Not sure if it's still stands though.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

I think JT Productions still active so this might help to resolve this mystery band.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/J-T-Prod ... 9485126594

https://www.yellowpages.com/sherman-oak ... ons-918289
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

there is no mention at all about this one-week promotion only.
Possibly a few hundred copies were pressed and I don't think it will sell too fast if the minimum order to get it is 50 US$ or above
Last edited by jnfernal on Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

jnfernal wrote:I hope it is still available. I placed a 90+ dollar order just to get it and I asked wether the CD would be included.

No trace of it on the invoice and no reply at all to my email or my fb message though.

Anyway there is no mention at all about this one-week promotion only.

If so, i should had to be written clearly otherwise there would be people who place big orderds just to get it and then you don't gt it because "somewhere else" it's written that it is a few days limited promotion

Anyway I suggest the guy who's running Stormspell to establish a minimum of communication with his customers. It's incredible that ewven with a 90 us$ order, the customer doesn't even have the satifsaction to get a reply to his request (about wether the "mystery band" would be included in the parcel being the only reason i placed the order) or his questions (why the chalice CD was removed from my order saying it is sold out while still yesterday there were 16 copies available??) both on email and facebook. i think the best option to get a positive feedback would be to answer or reply to customer's requests but I head that he is really racist against italians so that's why he doesn't reply.
Probably if I were swedish or finnish or canadian he would promptly replied
Maybe I'm mistaken about the week offer but i thought it was a limited time. Just checked the site and it is still available, so I must have misread it somewhere. I think i received a mail about it.
I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with country of origin. I didn't get a reply too (I'm from Belgium) and one of my orders was deleted too because not available anymore and was refunded immediately.
I'm with you that he could communicate a bit more. maybe he has too many orders/questions and can't cope it all the time.
I've ordered several times from Stormspell and never had any issues really. And sometimes he replies easier than other days.
I understand if you have a business that communication is a big part too but maybe he has more issues in his life than just a business.
It will work out fine and and as the CD is still on the site, it will be included in the package.
Last edited by Zanker on Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

jnfernal wrote:Probably if I were swedish or finnish or canadian he would promptly replied
Why would you think that?
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
otcmetal

Post by otcmetal »

He clearly said that he would be selling from the Stormspell webstore for one week only. First time he'd done it ages. He usually ships to CD baby and sells through there.
otcmetal

Post by otcmetal »

Zanker

Post by Zanker »

Yes! Thought so! Strange that it's still on his website.
Last edited by Zanker on Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

"CDs will be personalized with your name to make them fully collectible"

He can't even properly hand-write 3 digits numbers, i can only imagine what's going to happen with names :lol: :lol:
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

Well, I'm happy he found the masters, paid all the expenses to bring out a nice looking CD with music that otherwise was lost.
He made it free with an order from 50USD.
I think he did a great job.
And if you don't like your name on it, you can black it out with a marker.