Mace - demo 1992

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
mattjohnsen

Mace - demo 1992

Post by mattjohnsen »

Here's another unknown demo, which like Z-Axis wasn't on Metal Archives (although I've now submitted both.) This is not the crossover band Mace from Washington, but a prog metal band from Massachusetts. The singer is evidently now in a Spanish band called Easy Rider. Weird. Anyway, this 2 track demo is a nice bit of Queensryche worship in the same vein as Recon or Sacred Warrior, minus the Jeebus. When I digitized it, I grabbed both sides even though the program is repeated, and I haven't had time to find (or splice together) the best possible version of each song, so I've included them both in this rip:

http://mattjohnsen.com/Corroseum/Mace.zip

As a side note, is it cool to post direct links to downloads here? I seem to recall that in the olden days, there was a members-only D/L area, but I can't find it now, if it still exists. Maybe because I haven't made enough posts with this username (my old one was lost, although I didn't post much with that, either.)

I have tons more tapes to go through. As I find interesting ones that seem to be largely unknown, I'll give them the same treatment, so long as people here seem to enjoy it.
Ernest Thesiger

Re: Mace - demo 1992

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

mattjohnsen wrote:I seem to recall that in the olden days, there was a members-only D/L area, but I can't find it now, if it still exists.
It's still there, & I think you need to have made at least 25 posts to access it.

Thanks for this upload too!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

Competent prog metal. Thanks !
Knowledge Is Power
mattjohnsen

Post by mattjohnsen »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:
mattjohnsen wrote:I seem to recall that in the olden days, there was a members-only D/L area, but I can't find it now, if it still exists.
It's still there, & I think you need to have made at least 25 posts to access it.

Thanks for this upload too!
I'd better post more, then!!!
Keir

Post by Keir »

Very cool! Looks like this is the same band that were on the Massachusetts Metal comp.
http://www.thecorroseum.org/comps/massa ... metal.html
mattjohnsen

Post by mattjohnsen »

Keir wrote:Very cool! Looks like this is the same band that were on the Massachusetts Metal comp.
http://www.thecorroseum.org/comps/massa ... metal.html
Huh, Gary Hoey. Weird. He's not on the demo I have, but I guess by 1992 he had moved on to bigger and allegedly better. Good catch!
Keir

Post by Keir »

Finally had a chance to listen the demo and it's great! Much better than their earlier tracks. Thanks for posting it. I have to say they were pretty brave playing this style in MA in '92. My experience at was that anyone on the local scene playing metal lighter than Meliah Rage were typically laughed off the stage.