Eat Metal Records new 4 reissues 2x Mystery Blue, Mystique, Dark Wizard out soon

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
mattjohnsen

Re: Eat Metal Records new LP issues out 06th March 2015 info request

Post by mattjohnsen »

Axel says:

"I talked to Greg, the chief of EAT METAL REC., recently and he said that there is a delay of approximately 4 weeks with the vinyls because the pressing manufactory has too much lag. There are just 2 or 3 companies here in Europe still pressing vinyls and since it is more and more coming up to release vinyls again they are overpowered. EAT METAL REC. is not the only company which has the problem of delayed releases. People who preordered and paid already will be refunded if they are not willing to wait Greg told me. The CDs release should be in time still."

So there you have it!
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Do you believe him when he says there are so few?
This list :

http://ydnirgal.info/resources.htm

shows 17 plants in Europe, so even if 1/2 are brokers or out of business, that is quite a lot more than 3.
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Eugenio Giordano wrote:
Astra Wally wrote:Very tempting. Can I ask you the number of pages of the booklet?
10 pages booklet
Sorry for coming back and insisting on something so trivial, but since you "corrected" me I have to correct you too. It's 12 pages. 10 paged booklets don't exist. Only multiples of 4. Cover and back are counted too.
We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged...
Eugenio Giordano

Post by Eugenio Giordano »

Priamos wrote:Sorry for coming back and insisting on something so trivial, but since you "corrected" me I have to correct you too. It's 12 pages. 10 paged booklets don't exist. Only multiples of 4. Cover and back are counted too.
I didn't want to correct you Priamos, you are right it is 12 pages booklet including front and back covers, sorry
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
mattjohnsen

Post by mattjohnsen »

doomedplanet wrote:Do you believe him when he says there are so few?
This list :

shows 17 plants in Europe, so even if 1/2 are brokers or out of business, that is quite a lot more than 3.
I am just passing along the information I received, which indeed addresses the original question. I neither know, nor care, exactly how many vinyl plants there are in Europe, but I thought it was well understood by everyone that the recent vinyl boom has taxed what plants there are to the limit, and obscure metal labels pressing 200 copies of an album are probably pushed to the bottom of the queue with some regularity.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

I've got to answer this one now. It is correct that Eat Metal have some times been (very) late shipping stuff people have ordered from them, but I have ordered from them a dozen times and NEVER experienced not getting my stuff. It may take some time, but in my experience the records will arrive.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

of course you don't care. It was used to illustrate a point, if you think about it. Sure there are always reasons for delays. But this one is sort of like saying 'my dog ate my homework'...
mattjohnsen wrote:
This list :

I am just passing along the information I received, which indeed addresses the original question. I neither know, nor care, exactly how many vinyl plants there are in Europe, but I thought it was well understood by everyone that the recent vinyl boom has taxed what plants there are to the limit, and obscure metal labels pressing 200 copies of an album are probably pushed to the bottom of the queue with some regularity.
Eugenio Giordano

mattjohnsen wrote:Axel says: "I talked to Greg, the chief of EAT METAL REC., recently and he said that there is a delay of approximately 4 weeks with the vinyls because the pressing manufactory has too much lag. There are just 2 or 3 companies here in Europe still pressing vinyls and since it is more and more coming up to release vinyls again they are overpowered. EAT METAL REC. is not the only company which has the problem of delayed releases. People who preordered and paid already will be refunded if they are not willing to wait Greg told me. The CDs release should be in time still."
good to know this, as the LPs will be available fisically in the Label's stock I'll buy for sure, this is not a thread against Greg and Eat Metal Rec, the title is "Eat Metal Records new LP issues out 06th March 2015 info request" and as some of you have written above sometimes we have experienced long delays from this label, always ordered stuff came to our homes soon or later, but I personally had to send several "reminders" for my parcels to be sent out because they were forgotten, eaten by the dog, lost during the 4th crusade.... etc... what I can say is that: if Eat Metal Rec would be a bank I'd surely not place my savings there, nothing wrong with Greg and his job!

please keep us informed about when the LPs will be fisically available
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
mattjohnsen

Post by mattjohnsen »

doomedplanet wrote:of course you don't care. It was used to illustrate a point, if you think about it. Sure there are always reasons for delays. But this one is sort of like saying 'my dog ate my homework'...
I guess, but I know (personally) more than a few bands who expected vinyl from some of these Euro plants in time for tours, and they didn't get them on time and had nothing to sell. The backlog at the plants is real, and the delays are often out of the hands of the people who are paying to have records made. That's all I'm trying to say. I would think a label in this day and age would allow for that kind of delay when formulating their release schedule, but maybe even if you build in an extra month for manufacturing, you'll still find yourself LP-less when the release date roles around.
daniel

Post by daniel »

I would expect all plants do not price things the same either, and why would a Euro label generally use a UK plant for instance, with the added hassle of currency and extra shipping arrangements...

Anyway, I've bought stuff off Greg over the years, and I've been to Greece several times, and seen him at shows, which he's helped organise etc., and bought things off him there too, and to me he seems like a really nice person, who "lives for metal", with some of the most reasonable prices ever, and despite Shaun's problems with him and the ridiculous "feud" I vaguely remember from some years back here on the forum, I'd say he is not going to rip anyone off and any delays etc. are more than likely simply real and unexpected problems that have come up.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Eugenio Giordano

Do you have any confirmation about these items coming out on 25th November 2015 for Eat Metal Records ? (release date changed again since last september)

- RAVENSIRE We march forward LP LIM.300copies
- SCANNER Mental reservation red 2LP LIM.200 copies
- SCANNER Mental reservation 2LP red LP LIM.100 copies+poster
- SCANNER Ball of the damned blue LP LIM.100 copies+poster
- SCANNER Ball of the damned black LP LIM.200 copies

new link here http://www.eatmetalrecords.com/shop/adv ... r&x=12&y=3

has anybody preordererd some of these items phisically ?

thank you in advance for any info
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

This list :

Typical Greg. Telling as many lies as possible in attempt to cover the fact that he is unreliable and doesn't give a shit if you actually receive your order after sending him the money.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Kostello

Post by Kostello »

Eugenio Giordano wrote:Do you have any confirmation about these items coming out on 25th November 2015 for Eat Metal Records ? (release date changed again since last september)
thank you in advance for any info
I guess you have seen the items released, if not, they are actually out
Avenger wrote:Typical Greg. Telling as many lies as possible in attempt to cover the fact that he is unreliable and doesn't give a shit if you actually receive your order after sending him the money.
Typical what's your name.
Eugenio Giordano

Re: Eat Metal Records new LP issues out 25th November 2015 (06th March 2015) info request

all in my hands great job
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
rumblefist

Re: Eat Metal Records new LP issues out 25th November 2015 (06th March 2015) info request

Post by rumblefist »

Ravensire LP - what a fuckin release !!!!! I already saw many many people with 1 in their hands - and looking happy.
Knowledge Is Power