Would you say...

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Stormspell

Would you say...

Post by Stormspell »

I'm having an argument with someone and would like your opinion. Could you please listen to this album and let me know what it sounds like to you. Most notably is it like classic 80s US Power Metal, or is it more akin to early L.A. Scene

Listen to the entire album, not the first song only please. Thanks in advance:

http://vengeanceincorporated.com/discography/bad-crazy/
Noisenik

Re: Would you say...

Post by Noisenik »

I managed to wade through it - a little long. But it sounds good to me or, say, good enough. Power Metal with a lot of melody. Some "glam" elements, better said some DEF LEPPARD anno 1983, but they took a role of spice. A lot of tropes, but well structured. Better than most of SAVATAGE, lol. And interesting, no relations to any other band, despite being in vicinity of Tampa. Must have been quite outsiders, at the time of Predator, at least. Iordan,thanks for pointing me to their website. Listening to Predator right now. You plan a release or sth?
I am ... the One you warned me of
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Noisenik wrote:Better than most of SAVATAGE
.... :roll:

:lol:
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

What the heck sort of title is "Bad Crazy"?

(remembers D*A*D)
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Keir

Post by Keir »

Noisenik wrote:And interesting, no relations to any other band, despite being in vicinity of Tampa.
Actually the guitarist, Mike, was in Brat.

Personally I can hear the influence of both "classic 80s US Power Metal" and the "early L.A. scene". On the better tracks they work together well like something from Leatherwolf. However, if I had to pick one style overall I would say they lean more toward the latter.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I was told Nasty Ronnie was classmate with those guys and wanted to sing for them, but they wouldn't let him in the band, so he went and founded Nasty Savage instead.

Anyhow, I asked because I compared them to the early L.A. scene and "power/glam" bands like Dangerous Toys etc, which seem to have pissed off some of their die-hard fans to a point I've been receiving angry mail for the past few days :)

Guy Poletti has been really cool though, and we are discussing possible re-release, yes.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

How about this boxset, advertised on their site? You are talking about this re-release?
I am ... the One you warned me of
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Noisenik wrote:How about this boxset, advertised on their site? You are talking about this re-release?
Nope. Best of, Live, and DVDs are way too much. If we do anything, it will be studio albums only