Overlooked evil demo from the 80ies?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Zombie Dance

Overlooked evil demo from the 80ies?

Post by Zombie Dance »

Was just re-listening to the Malhavoc : Age of the Dark Renaissance and it's such an overlooked masterpiece! I'm pretty sure there are thousands of overlooked Black/Speed/Thrash/Death metal demos from the 80ies, do you guys have any recommendations?

I'm thinking about bands like Amex Nimeon, Black Mass (US band from 80ies), Wind of Mayhem, Massacre (Chile, Pissing into the mass grave)...?
Prowler

Re: Overlooked evil demo from the 80ies?

Post by Prowler »

I don't think the Malhavoc Demo is overlooked. In underground/tape trader cicles it always has been a fave band.
The Massacre Demo has been re-released on CD too with lotsa other tracks. Btw. their LP totally sucks ...
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Wow, Malhavoc.. I haven't been giving that band a thought in decades, but you're right, their early demo stuff is truly EEEVIL. It's those whispering vocals that does the trick... Too bad they went in a boring industrial direction later.
tyrone slothrop

Post by tyrone slothrop »

I had The Release on CD, sold it some time in the mid 90s. Don't remember anything about it other than the name. :oops:
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Damn, from the thread title i thought someone had turned up a previously unknown 80's demo by Evil from Denmark.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

Off the top of my head: Blood Spill! If you are not scared off by how lengthy these tracks are.
And shame on you if you've overlooked Black Shepherd ;)

And also this hyper-obscure gem from Cuba.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Hellpreacher - Resurrection dt 1986 from TX/USA. I think the drummer from Necrovore played on this one. Sounds like early Possessed & Desecration SF with some killer seminal black metal riffs thrown in. I don't know how popular this was with the tape trader scene back then, but according to some info the band only spread 50-100 copies themselves.
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Another one:

Criminal Christ - Cryptic Doom dt '86, one of the earliest death metal recordings from Japan. Its members were around 14-15 y.o. on this demo, in the late 80ies they went to form Necrophile, Messiah Death & Transgressor which are all very well known. Very raw and chaotic "brazil style" sound which is a bit unusual for the japanese metal scene.

Edit: on a sidenote, Marr-Chan of United ("Destroy Metal") drew the front artwork.
we're eat babies flesh
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

I'd like to mention this one as well:

Metalium - Servants Of Death dt 1989. Probably the first (more extreme metal) studio recording from Turkey. Very german sounding, reminding of the first Sodom 12", Kreator LP & Destruction 12", similar as with the Pentagram/Mazarkabul debut. I think "Traces" even made it on TV with a video clip, but it's actually the worst song on the demo IMO. The title track is a real ripper!
(btw. their debut album from 1990 is pretty great as well)
we're eat babies flesh
Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

Right, that Hellpreacher is excellent stuff, especially the song patricidal, crazy riffs!.

Never heard of criminal christ but i will look into it, thanks for the recommendation. There are still tons of unknown bands from japan like 666 (triangle six of death), Vexation (black metal maniac) that needs to be dug up!

Black Ghost and Ixion from France? Black ghost is pretty bad but both Ixion demos are pretty awesome!
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Tawfik,
I presume you already checked out the old Polish/Czechoslovakian scene. Lots of beauties to be found, like Exorcist, etc
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DLhBJlhFG1o
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Exhumator (Bul) - Аз Нося Смърт 1992, probably doesn't fit in 100%, but the songs were written in 1987-1990, some of them previously released on several demo/reh tapes when the band was called Diktator. A proper madman's music sound, maybe bulgarias Exmortes? But a lot more capable at writing & performing songs, very obscure black/death/thrash metal, at times reminding me of the more evil/early Korrozia Metalla songs.

ImageImage

Exorcist (Pol) - Voices from the Graves 1987, twisted black thrash/speed with a slightly medlodic note, very very good stuff (Pile Driver is totally nuts)! The band reunited pretty recently and is working on the new album as well as a demo material compilation.
we're eat babies flesh
Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

Oh right Exorcist from Poland, thanks Andreas and Knell i still need to check this one out. There was also that band from Poland called Scarecrow, playing some kind of speed/grind/black metal, very ugly stuff and always dressed with the executioner's hood like the mentors. They had some wicked promo shots.

I'll check Exhumator too, never heard of it, thx again
Astra Wally

Post by Astra Wally »

You probably know this one yet:

INFERNAL DEATH - Incantations of the Gates
Heaven is yours, Hell is mine
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

ImageImage

I'd say the early Dorso (Chile) recordings belong to my alltime favorites. I think they are comparable to the more interesting czech bands like Drakar or Tudor. The live demo on the right includes some weird space/ambient/noisecore rehearsal dedicated to Jon Metallion which is one of the weirdest things I've ever heard.

Also those '87 live demos are mandatory IMO, but they don't really get the praise they deserve:
ImageImage
we're eat babies flesh