SOLAR EAGLE

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Avenger

Re: SOLAR EAGLE

Post by Avenger »

Trigger wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Trigger wrote:Well done boy, you deserve that chocolate cookie!
In the next lesson I'll teach you about the division between North and South America, then the Continents, and later on how not to bite people without the muzzle.
Hell, how long does your period last?
About as long as your inability to distinguish between the proper names of countries. You completely missed the point, but I shouldn't be surprised as comprehension has never been your strong point. North America is not lumped together as just "America". I know that may be the case over in Europe but we aren't talking about an entire continent here. And even if we were, you still don't call Canada "America". That's just ignorant. The term you are looking for is "North America". Maybe I should start calling greece "macedonia" and see how you enjoy that...
It must be damn hard to understand that I was talking about the Continent. Then (NOT than) I rephrase, Solar Eagle provided some of the finest recordings from Canada and the Americas. Are you just fooling around or your IQ is so low that I should start wondering how amazing it is that you even remember breathing?
What don't you understand about North America and "America" not being the same thing? The term "America" refers to the US. Geographical abbreviations do not apply to social conception. You don't call Canada "America" the same as you don't call Mexico "America". Doing so is purely idiotic.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

sagrotan wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Trigger wrote:Well done boy, you deserve that chocolate cookie!
In the next lesson I'll teach you about the division between North and South America, then the Continents, and later on how not to bite people without the muzzle.
Hell, how long does your period last?
About as long as your inability to distinguish between the proper names of countries. You completely missed the point, but I shouldn't be surprised as comprehension has never been your strong point. North America is not lumped together as just "America". I know that may be the case over in Europe but we aren't talking about an entire continent here. And even if we were, you still don't call Canada "America". That's just ignorant. The term you are looking for is "North America". Maybe I should start calling greece "macedonia" and see how you enjoy that...
must feel like when you Northern Americans call "football" what it, in our narrow European view, is not. we even put "American" before that. we're hopeless cases :roll:
I don't like Soccer or football and quite honestly comparing the ignorance of lumping two entire continents into a single terminology and the name of a sport are two completely different ideologies. It’s not relevant in my opinion.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

Avenger wrote: What don't you understand about North America and "America" not being the same thing? The term "America" refers to the US. Geographical abbreviations do not apply to social conception. You don't call Canada "America" the same as you don't call Mexico "America". Doing so is purely idiotic.
Not that I really care to sort this out and this will be my last response to your prettified phrasal nonsense or incompetence, but nobody called Canada, Mexico or Chile America, but I still boldly claim that they do belong to America, the Continent America. Nobody said also that America is N.America but that scientifically inexplicable issue I'm kindling is that both North and South America constitute, simply, America. For your own pleasure I am ok with referring to Canada as a separate of the entire globe, I can call it a single planet if this will appease your delusional superiority misconception.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americas
Never trust the Goblin King....
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

Avenger wrote:
sagrotan wrote:
Avenger wrote: About as long as your inability to distinguish between the proper names of countries. You completely missed the point, but I shouldn't be surprised as comprehension has never been your strong point. North America is not lumped together as just "America". I know that may be the case over in Europe but we aren't talking about an entire continent here. And even if we were, you still don't call Canada "America". That's just ignorant. The term you are looking for is "North America". Maybe I should start calling greece "macedonia" and see how you enjoy that...
must feel like when you Northern Americans call "football" what it, in our narrow European view, is not. we even put "American" before that. we're hopeless cases :roll:
I don't like Soccer or football and quite honestly comparing the ignorance of lumping two entire continents into a single terminology and the name of a sport are two completely different ideologies. It’s not relevant in my opinion.
Do you really need that long? Yes, it's the continents we were talking about. Thank you.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Trigger wrote:
Avenger wrote: What don't you understand about North America and "America" not being the same thing? The term "America" refers to the US. Geographical abbreviations do not apply to social conception. You don't call Canada "America" the same as you don't call Mexico "America". Doing so is purely idiotic.
Not that I really care to sort this out and this will be my last response to your prettified phrasal nonsense or incompetence, but nobody called Canada, Mexico or Chile America, but I still boldly claim that they do belong to America, the Continent America. Nobody said also that America is N.America but that scientifically inexplicable issue I'm kindling is that both North and South America constitute, simply, America. For your own pleasure I am ok with referring to Canada as a separate of the entire globe, I can call it a single planet if this will appease your delusional superiority misconception.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americas
It's either North or South America. The term "America" refers to the UNITED STATES ONLY. I have explained this to you 3 times now. I can't believe you are truely this moronic.
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

..of AMERICA.
msp

Post by msp »

It's good to be back :lol: :roll:
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
mordred

Post by mordred »

I'm sure we've all deeply missed stupid shit like this. :roll:

At the core of it Trigger is right of course. "America" or "Americas" is the combined land masses of North and South America. I think dividing America into two separate continents is largely a social and cultural concept, much like the division of Europe and Asia into separate continents although one can walk from Portugal to China. The combined land masses of Europe and Asia is called "Eurasia" by the way.

Referring to any one nation as "America" is technically wrong. The country in question is called The United States of America, U.S.A. for short. Or the U.S. Or "The United States". Or "The States" if you're a jerkoff, but calling it America should be technically wrong. Nevertheless it is done all the time by everybody, especially when defining descent or origin (like "he's an American citizen" or "they're one of the greatest American bands"). Therefore, if one writes something like Solar Eagle is one the greatest bands from America it will probably sound like one thinks they were actually from the United States. Some wise ass is sure to be at your throat the next second so it's betterto be clearer.

In short: Nothing to argue about. We better argue which rarities are grossly overrated, who's a collector or a metalhead, if W.A.S.P. are real metal or not and last but not least who's a dumb.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

In other news, the vinyl issue of Solar Eagle sounds quite good and has better general sound quality than the CD. The sound quality of the latter is not critically bad though, just lacking.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

Haven't heard the CD but didn't notice any problems with the vinyl too.
Ryür

Post by Ryür »

StygianBlade wrote:Heavy Forces vinyl sounds great. And this goes for their Wyzard release as well.
Are you sure? I have never listened the original Wyzard MLP but the reissue sounds not so good for me.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Actually in some states people do refer to U.S.A. as America (or 'Murrica to be exact). Probably the reason why Avenger got confused.
murrica.jpg
murrica.jpg (63.26 KiB) Viewed 4837 times
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Finally someone living in the US comments and basically confirms what I've been saying the entire time. I'm not going to lump all Americans into the same boat as I'm very familiar with the differences based on geographic location throughout the states but from my experience working in the states and living in Canada (the neighboring country to the US for those that don't know) I have met my share of Americans and they have pretty much all referred to the United States as "america". That being said I find it hilarious that someone can literally be so ignorant that they attempt to argue with someone who actually lives in the continent of question regarding the social terms of the area. Hell, there was even an animated movie back in the mid 80's featuring a song with lyrics consisting of the terminology. But it's alright, obviously trigger knows better then I do when he's never even stepped foot in the West.
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

I always go East when I walk.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Avenger wrote:I have met my share of Americans and they have pretty much all referred to the United States as "america". That being said I find it hilarious that someone can literally be so ignorant that they attempt to argue with someone who actually lives in the continent of question regarding the social terms of the area.
Nobody argued what the "the social terms of the area" are. Like I said:
mordred wrote:...calling it America should be technically wrong. Nevertheless it is done all the time by everybody...
It's not like Europeans don't know damn well U.S. citizens refer to their country as "America". We watch Hollywood movies and shit in their original language you know. We call the U.S. "America" too (at least when we speak English, which we learn from Hollywood movies) although there technically is no nation of that name.

"America" is still a correct name for the combined land masses of North and South America. It's OK if you did not know this or didn't think about it when you wanted to own Trigger in your little battle (and yeah it did sound like he thought Solar Eagle were from the U.S. so for that you're excused). It's even OK if you still haven't realized that the two contintents can in fact be correctly lumped together in a single terminology, but it's true and if you refute it you're wrong. :D
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D