SOLAR EAGLE

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
daniel

Post by daniel »

I don't hate the vocals, but the music could be so much better with a more skilled vocalist, it's absolutely what has kept me from going wild about them. Also as in never feeling I could justify paying any of high prices the EP goes for, so very much hoping for a vinyl reissue with the demos too ;)

The vocal melodies are sometimes amazing, his pitch isn't :D
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

Ok Daniel - just a reminder of what we are talking about ...
Because for me this demo slays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D5AZylH5XE
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I don"t think that the vocals are that bad. They are typical high pitched vocals that popped up in US Metal in the 2nd part of the 80's.
I like the demo better than the EP anyway.
daniel

Post by daniel »

Yes the demo is better :)
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
mordred

Post by mordred »

ION BRITTON wrote:To me he sounds like an over the top mixture of John Cyriis and Syrus' vocalist - enough to make me cringe every time he goes wild over the mic, despite the band's intricate songwriting. No Tate or Mallicoat vocal style here I'm afraid, much less a Steve Benito one.
Maybe a bit more over the top like you say so perhaps Midnight is the best comparison. I haven't listened that much to Solar Eagle to be honest as I tend to listen to proper records and cd's that I actually own all the time and I don't have the EP (too expensive) but I've liked what I've heard. I look forward to this release. Who knows, maybe the vocals will get on my nerves after a while of close listening. :wink:
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
lox

Post by lox »

doomedplanet wrote:Pity on the SA Slayer as the vinyl sounds great. This label screwed up the sound on Taist of Iron release too. I hear that also they reprinted the Robespierre cover art without getting permission from the owner. Seems this label has some serious issues, "watch out, buyer beware" I guess should be the byword....
Exactly. I would be interested in a vinyl reissue but if it sounds like Taist of Iron, then you better stick to 192k mp3.
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

Speaking of Skol Records - has anyone bought Satan`s Host "Metal from Hell/Midnight Wind"? Does this rerelease also have issues?
Eugenio Giordano

Post by Eugenio Giordano »

I really don't know what is the matter with the Skol Rec CDs, I've got them all, and they are great, sure the Satan's Host recordings sound not perfect as the last Blind Guardian album, and it is something normal for 2 albums recorded and semi-self produced in mid 80s, they are much better than the bootleg CD version circulating in 2005, so for me total support and respect for the incredible work of Skol Rec
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

You like the sound of Taist of Iron cd?? Because it is utter shit. I sent the vocalist a vinyl rip back in the 90's and it sounds waaaay better than this cd they released. no one compares to some modern production. We just want a good audio source used as they do exist for this stuff. Pristine sound for SA Slayer (they way it originally sounded) would be easy to accomplish but from what I'm hearing this label used some really bad master source. Obviously this label is not too concerned though.
Eugenio Giordano wrote:I really don't know what is the matter with the Skol Rec CDs, I've got them all, and they are great, sure the Satan's Host recordings sound not perfect as the last Blind Guardian album, and it is something normal for 2 albums recorded and semi-self produced in mid 80s, they are much better than the bootleg CD version circulating in 2005, so for me total support and respect for the incredible work of Skol Rec
msp

Post by msp »

Skol Records made this comment via the joys of Facebook which may be of interest...
We saw a discussion about our releases on The Corroseum forum - which is respected by both us, and our followers - so to cut the speculations and rumors about Skol Records:
- Yes, we realize some of our releases doesn't sound perfect, but we do the best we can with those sometimes 30 years old tapes, and we always work with audio masters delivered by bands.
- There was no "issue" and no "problem" with the Robespierre CD artwork. It was licensed to us by its author and legal owner, the great Andrei Bouzikov.
And before someone smart will decide to start another rumor: all our releases are legal and made in cooperation with the bands. We indeed had offers to release someone's material and we were contacted by people, who told us they own someone's else materials. But in such case we are never interested, as being fair with bands, is the highest priority for us. Hail Metal!
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Eugenio Giordano

Post by Eugenio Giordano »

doomedplanet wrote:You like the sound of Taist of Iron cd?? Because it is utter shit. I sent the vocalist a vinyl rip back in the 90's and it sounds waaaay better than this cd they released. no one compares to some modern production
well I think both the editions of the Taist Of Iron CD out for Skol Rec have a accessible sound, not perfect, in any way it depends on your own taste my friend, I've got tons of bootlegs, reissues, cdr... etc and often they are sold with a even worse sound than the Skol Rec Cds indeed, I respect your ideas
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
bobo

Post by bobo »

Person from Skol records is lying. Sound on Taist of iron and Dammaj cds is just awful. For Dammaj they used bootleg cd and just normalize the sound. No way they used master tapes. I'm finished with these so called remasters. Shame on you!!!!
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Hmm, shit. So, I have to add the Taist Of Iron LP back on my wantlist then, crap! I have to hear the original to compare.

I've bought Burnings Starr's "No Turning back" from that label. How is that one compared to the original?
Long Live The Loud !!!
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Another Skol Records statement :
Once again there are rumors on a forum that we respect, that we used mp3 files as masters and normalization instead of proper remastering on some of our releases. Well, this picture sum up opinion of the entire Skol Records crew - plus we kindly remind you, that this is why we put together our Soundcloud page: to let people listen our releases before they will buy them.
The last sentence is really dumb.In another words they say : It's poor sound ,but we have nothing to do with it.Ha,ha.
Avenger

Re:

Post by Avenger »

Trigger wrote:finest recordings from America!
Solar Eagle were Canadian...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."