London Record Stores

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
daniel

London Record Stores

Post by daniel »

Perhaps there was another topic on this but it didn't turn up for me when I searched.

Going to be in London for 3 days from this coming Wednesday onwards, and while the main focus of the trip isn't looking for records, I'd still like to possibly check out a few places, and it's been so long since I visited London I can't remember what's around :) Thanks for any suggestions :)
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Check Out Flashback Records ( Islington / Angel tube station ) . They usually have very good selection of records. Bought decent copy of Hyksos LP for 20 gbp 4 years ago. Sister Ray at Soho is also good.There's another record store just a few feets from Sister Ray.
daniel

Post by daniel »

Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
msp

Post by msp »

On The Floor Records in Camden was quite good last time I went (January). Lots of new BM/DM upstairs and some 2nd hand downstairs.

Sisteray and Reveal Records in Soho can be good. Metal selection can be hit or miss but they have loads of other stuff.

The Music Video Exchange is down the road. All second hand but a lot of stuff they seem to price by Popsike.

Also Rough Trade in the Old Truman Brewery has loads of stuff from all genres. Not much metal.

Enjoy your trip & happy hunting
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
DaN
Administructor

Re: London Record Stores

Post by DaN »

I'm not sure if I'll find the time or even afford it, but since we're off to London over this weekend: Are the store recommendations still valid? Any newbies or closed ones?
Der Eismann

Post by Der Eismann »

Crypt of the Wizard should be mentioned in this thread!

http://www.cryptofthewizard.com/

nabel

Post by nabel »

Latest message is from 2017, anything new worth a mention?
The Ripper

Post by The Ripper »

London was already a disappointment for HM hunting even in late '90's...I don't think anything has changed.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

nabel wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:45 am Latest message is from 2017, anything new worth a mention?
Not new, but established since 2017 is Lee Dorrian's Rise Above Records & Relics on Archway Rd in Highgate, North London. It's surely got to be worth a look see:
https://www.riseaboverecordsandrelics.com/
Worth noting that it's only open Wednesday, Friday and Saturday & only from 12-6pm.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.