LORD RYÜR “Pact With The Sinner” Mini CD

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

The vocals on the featured live track ("Pact with the sinner") are super badass, that version might be even better than the original.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Ryür

Post by Ryür »

ION BRITTON wrote:The vocals on the featured live track ("Pact with the sinner") are super badass, that version might be even better than the original.
I agree,

is the same http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG5BiwIm-MU
Speedeceiver

Post by Speedeceiver »

I got the CD last week, the improved sound quality is amazing! The double kicks in Heroes After Heroes never sounded better! But i have to say, Restless and Fade Away we're a bit of a let down compared to the two tracks on the single. I would rather see a reissue of just the Pact With The Sinner 7".
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

You could always just listen to only the first two tracks :lol:
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
darquos

Post by darquos »

Ordered !
Pyrenean Metal
Speedeceiver

Post by Speedeceiver »

Avenger wrote:You could always just listen to only the first two tracks :lol:
And i shall do just that.
Decibel_Rebel

Post by Decibel_Rebel »

I've received my copy of this CD, great work! But I'm a bit confused about the bio in the booklet where it's stated that there have been 1000 copies of the single and 800 have been destroyed. So the common information until now with a limitation of 100 copies has been wrong?
Death Rider

Post by Death Rider »

Decibel_Rebel wrote:I've received my copy of this CD, great work! But I'm a bit confused about the bio in the booklet where it's stated that there have been 1000 copies of the single and 800 have been destroyed. So the common information until now with a limitation of 100 copies has been wrong?
According to the band, yes. I don't know which "collectors" spread the wrong info that we took for granted so many years.
Dodens Grav

Post by Dodens Grav »

Presumably somebody with a 7" to sell.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Or the band member that was asked about this could be giving the wrong information as well. I'm not saying this is the case but it wouldn't be the first time if it were.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Ryür

Post by Ryür »

They said that for the first time in Metal Page?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Ryür wrote:They said that for the first time in Metal Page?
I'm talking about band members in general, hence Dan coining the term "Never trust a musician".
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Befor the internet
Back around 1995 Joe P. got a copy and put it up for sale stating 100 pressed.

Around 1997 I was dealing a lot with someone in Canada (His sister worked for the goverment and he was tracking bands for me) His name was Matt Walker. and he tracked down LR and purchased all the 45's they had left (I do not know who he talked to) BUT when I get the singles from him at that time he had the same story of only 100 copies being pressed.

Now other then the copies that came from me, I only kow of 3-4 others ever being offered including Joe's copy But who knows. 100 or 200

I have had bands tell me they pressed 5K, 10K, 20K copies of things that are just as rare.
Last edited by Glockose on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am NOT a collector"
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

There's a difference between how many copies were pressed and how many were released to the market. At one point I've been told 1000 copies were pressed and the band/label released an initial 100 copies to stores and radio stations, but when none or few sold the label recycled the remaining copies and pressed something else with the vinyl.

Note that this is just stuff I've been told, it's not verified.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight