Non-urgent CD Inquiries READ THE FIRST POST

...and all CD issues goes here.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Warepire wrote:
apollo.ra wrote:Anyone nows what this one is? Boot or licenced reissue?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SS:US:1123

Description says:
"EVIL EYE ENTERTAINMENT REISSUE LABEL"
CD-R bootleg by the owner of Retrospect. That goes for all Evil Eye Records "releases".
Indeed.

Retrospect/vegascds/Sam McCaslin CD-R bootleg.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
rooster

Post by rooster »

Boot or legit?

http://www.ebay.pl/itm/Rare-CD-Laaz-Roc ... 257d89c81e

I don't know even if there was Nothing Sacred boot, but the guy is from Greece and has suspiciously many copies of that album in relatively good price. BUT he has also 3 copies of Tortured Existence which i think are 100% bootlegs.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

It's a boot ... description says "Later release,not first press."
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

As a matter of fact, 99% of what he sells are bootlegs.
I like the alternative descriptions he makes to avoid the "b" word!!
:lol:
At least he doesn't claim them to be original.

Hm...He also sells the new Malteze bootleg...
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

http://musik-sammler.de/media/514750

Does this exist or just another bad entry? I've seen a few other references to this pressing online as well, but I just found a copy that has the same barcode this should have but the catalog number is 4800-2-U not WK 44262. Looks like it's from 1990. Was there another from 1988?
rooster

Post by rooster »

One quick question about cd's shown in the photos below: boot or legit?

Thank you.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

All three are counterfeits.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Heathen wrote:All three are counterfeits.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

A question to those who own the original Accuser - The Conviction/Experimental Errors, does the below photo show an original matrix? looks like a boot to me, but the newer the CD, the harder it is to tell.

Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Based on this detail only, the spacing and the #1 inside the little black box on the right look already different.
It might help more a detail of the opposite side, as below "Made in Koch" there are two IFPI codes - a very little one, and another bigger one engraved on the transparent inner ring. Very hard for the bootlegers to replicate them.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Agreed. There should be an engraved IFPI Code, which can't be replicated.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Helstar wrote:Based on this detail only, the spacing and the #1 inside the little black box on the right look already different.
It might help more a detail of the opposite side, as below "Made in Koch" there are two IFPI codes - a very little one, and another bigger one engraved on the transparent inner ring. Very hard for the bootlegers to replicate them.
so the part posted on the photo looks alright? the font ? it looks thick and bootlegish... it would be great if someone posted a scan of the original.

edit: ok, solved, it's a boot. I'd still like to see a scan of the original though...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I can scan this for you next weekend.

Send me a reminder PM though so I don't forget.
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

Does anyone know about the SARISSA "Demo 1987" CD?
Is it worth spending some money on it (regarding layout, soundquality, booklet etc.)?

Thanks.
See the flash of lightning cutting the edge of steel!
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Nasty Uwe wrote:Does anyone know about the SARISSA "Demo 1987" CD?
Is it worth spending some money on it (regarding layout, soundquality, booklet etc.)?

Thanks.
I have it.
The CD is from 1999, and is a part of the Official Demo Series run by the Greek Metal Invader magazine. It's an official CD as far as I know (only Manilla Road wasn't properly authorized).
The sound quality is pretty good for being a demo tape, not sure if it also has been remastered or not.
Booklet doesn't offer much info, it's a 2 page booklet with line up and hand drawn pictures, no liner notes of any kind. Back cover is double sided, inside has a hand drawn picture much like the ones in the booklet, outside features a low res promo photo and track list.

I think forum member Kostas_Kazilias still has copies of this one, I got my copy from him and it didn't cost me a lot either.