(Metal) Recordstores in Stockholm ?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

I know some of the old stores in Stockholm are closed now. Which are still there, and are there any new ones? I'm going to be there in early June
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

great_knuthulhu wrote:I know some of the old stores in Stockholm are closed now. Which are still there, and are there any new ones? I'm going to be there in early June
What route did you consider to take to Stockholm? If I am a stop along the way I believe I still owe you a drink or something.
mordred

Post by mordred »

great_knuthulhu wrote:I know some of the old stores in Stockholm are closed now. Which are still there, and are there any new ones? I'm going to be there in early June
Check out Trash Palace and Ideal for a Living. They are within walking distances of each other (St. Eriksplan). You can find addresses and directions on Google I guess. :)
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
great_knuthulhu

Warepire wrote:
What route did you consider to take to Stockholm? If I am a stop along the way I believe I still owe you a drink or something.
I'm going by train from Kiruna with 26 tenth grade pupils, I probably shouldn't drink :lol:
Mordred wrote:Trash Palace and Ideal for a Living (St. Eriksplan)
Is one of those the same as "Nostalgipalatset" then? That used to be at St. Eriksplan. Thanks
mordred

Post by mordred »

great_knuthulhu wrote:
Mordred wrote:Trash Palace and Ideal for a Living (St. Eriksplan)
Is one of those the same as "Nostalgipalatset" then? That used to be at St. Eriksplan. Thanks
Trash Palace is right next door to Nostalgipalatset. They're affiliated. Nostalgipalatset is still in action but I think they quit stocking metal since Trash Palace is fully dedicated to metal and hard rock. They have easily the best selection of metal vinyl in Stockholm but don't expect bargain prices.
GJ

Post by GJ »

@ Knuthulhu:

If you go to Solna (very short trip by train or the blue metro line) you could visit these two stores who resides next to each other on Råsundavägen 110. They may not have a lot of rarities but the do have good prices and seem to stock mostly good conditioned stuff. Great places for completing the missing gaps of regular stuff in your collection and, if lucky, even make some finds...

I was there last weekend and came home with some neat non-metal vinyls by Roadmaster, Charlie, Good Rats, Peps Blodsband, The Angels, 38 Special, Wasa Express... most of it near mint to mint and priced between 20-50 skr.

http://hotrecords1.wordpress.com/

http://solnaskivbors.se/
great_knuthulhu

GJ wrote:@ Knuthulhu:

If you go to Solna (very short trip by train or the blue metro line) you could visit these two stores who resides next to each other on Råsundavägen 110. They may not have a lot of rarities but the do have good prices and seem to stock mostly good conditioned stuff. Great places for completing the missing gaps of regular stuff in your collection and, if lucky, even make some finds...

I was there last weekend and came home with some neat non-metal vinyls by Roadmaster, Charlie, Good Rats, Peps Blodsband, The Angels, 38 Special, Wasa Express... most of it near mint to mint and priced between 20-50 skr.

http://hotrecords1.wordpress.com/

http://solnaskivbors.se/
That's good stuff there. I think I've got all the Roadmaster, Charlie and Good Rats albums already actually :P
I've lived in Solna when I've visited the great record fair in Stockholm, so finding these should be fairly easy.

Thanks for the tips Mordred. My memory is starting to work properly now, so I remember having visited Trash Palace a couple of years back. Picked up some stuff there and ended up having it stolen from me at T-centralen :evil:
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

great_knuthulhu wrote:
Warepire wrote:
I'm going by train from Kiruna with 26 tenth grade pupils, I probably shouldn't drink :lol:
That might pose a problem, but not as big of a problem that it's completely opposite of the route you'd need to take to pass through my regions. :P
great_knuthulhu

Warepire wrote:
great_knuthulhu wrote:
Warepire wrote: What route did you consider to take to Stockholm? If I am a stop along the way I believe I still owe you a drink or something.
That might pose a problem, but not as big of a problem that it's completely opposite of the route you'd need to take to pass through my regions. :P
Hm, that may well be a good point too. I live up north, so it's a fair bit of travel to get to Kiruna too
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Keep the talk about "passing through your regions" to PM :lol:
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
great_knuthulhu

Avenger wrote:Keep the talk about "passing through your regions" to PM :lol:
Oh no, it's the "common decency" police :lol:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

great_knuthulhu wrote:
Avenger wrote:Keep the talk about "passing through your regions" to PM :lol:
Oh no, it's the "common decency" police :lol:
Sorry, I couldn't help myself :lol:
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
great_knuthulhu

Hot records was pretty good. The prices were low and I found some records there (pretty common ones, mostly borderline metal).

Found some stuff at Trash Palace too. As usually, the prices were high, but I managed to get the ones I wanted a little lower.

Thanks for the tips Mordred and GJ
anthares

Post by anthares »

Anyone going to Solnas record fair this weekend?
Is it any good? Any tips? How much is the beer there? :P
mordred

Post by mordred »

It's the biggest and best record fair in Sweden for sure.