Muskelrock 2013

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
mordred

Post by mordred »

Aria seems to be playing some festival in Bulgaria on June 1st so that's probably the one they're traveling through Finland to.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Sweden Rock Festival has really turned into a greedy festival. I guess the reason is becuse 70% of the attendants is the 35-55 year old males, who only listens to AC/DC and Motörhead, who work, work, work and work all winter , just to get vacation and visit SRF, get drunk for 7 days and spend all their money on expensive merch. Capitalism rules.
Without evil there could be no good so it must be good to be evil sometimes.
nabel

Post by nabel »

mordred wrote:Aria seems to be playing some festival in Bulgaria on June 1st so that's probably the one they're traveling through Finland to.
Yeah, I noticed that too. Funny that they travel through here, unless they just fly from Helsinki. Gig is at 28th in Helsinki, that's what I have been told.
Ironhead

Post by Ironhead »

Kelly wrote:Sweden Rock Festival has really turned into a greedy festival.
Tell me about it, me and my friend stayed in Sweden after Muskelrock last year and thought to go and see King Diamond - 150€ for 1 day ticket and 50€ for the camping (sleeping in a tent for fucks sake).
Those amounts were not an option so I tried to see if we could maybe get some press passes through friends and I found out that even most of the photographers/interviewers will have to pay for their tickets, only the ones from the biggest companies get a free entrance... The staff carefully selects the chosen few :roll:

...We ended up watching the KD show over the fence at a good spot and sleeping in a car probably 3-5km away from the festival :lol:
The Devil is within us all...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

mordred wrote:Aria seems to be playing some festival in Bulgaria on June 1st so that's probably the one they're traveling through Finland to.
Kavarna Rock Fest is pretty big open-air festival at a Black Sea Resort attracting 5,000-10,000 people each year. This is where Manowar made their Guiness record of playing a 5-hour and 40-minutes continuous live set w/o breaks (although Joey DiMayo spent 1+hour for his usual endless rants between the songs, in addition to the 3-4 bass solos of pure mindless loincloth wankery ;)

The festival is sponsored by Joker Media, a company owned by Melik Pashaev - aka the godfather of Russian rock. He is a cult ex-Soviet producer of 80s CCCP mega-bands like Machina Vremeny, Chernoy Coffee, etc. and I'm sure Aria are coming on his invitation.
Dark Stranger

Post by Dark Stranger »

You Swedish people are BOUND to have heard even rumours of who is playing the fest surely? The anticipation is killing me hahaha.
Ironhead

Post by Ironhead »

Dark Stranger wrote:You Swedish people are BOUND to have heard even rumours of who is playing the fest surely? The anticipation is killing me hahaha.
With these Aria rumours I got a bit disappointed actually, I mean I didn't want to hear even that! So I hope they'll manage to keep it secret from most of the audience.
The Devil is within us all...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Dark Stranger wrote:You Swedish people are BOUND to have heard even rumours of who is playing the fest surely? The anticipation is killing me hahaha.
I have NO clue. We're considering having a competition where he who can name most bands who will actually appear on the festival wins a lukewarm beer.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

Im going just because of the Aria rumours. Saw them live in Moscow 25 years ago and its time to see them again! So they better come and play! I actually think this whole mystery thing is really exciting. :D
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I'm going to laugh if the billing ends up being a total piece of shit and you guys forked out this kind of money to go :P
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

The trip will cost me $25. Laugh all you want. :-P
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Sammi Curr

Post by Sammi Curr »

Avenger wrote:I'm going to laugh if the billing ends up being a total piece of shit and you guys forked out this kind of money to go :P
Muskelrock 2013

Complete
John Cyriis spoken word
Killerfox reunion
Bob Zazula doing The Lone Rager - Metal Rap
Convict reunion
Thrash Queen (both versions)
Vodu (the final conflict in entirety)
GJ

Post by GJ »

:lol:
nabel

Post by nabel »

And Chris Logue's healing tent.

But still I'm going there.
Bane

Post by Bane »

Looking forward to this more than anything else this summer.