New heavy metal magazine - Iron Fist

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Louise

New heavy metal magazine - Iron Fist

Post by Louise »

Hi guys,

I posted on here a while ago but since then I've been busy putting together a new magazine, which I hope you guys dig. In fact if you don't I'm kinda fucked - ha ha

I used to edit Terrorizer Magazine and I bold and underline "used" as I'm happy that it's in the past tense. So Iron Fist, which in my head was gonna be a litle cut n paste fanzine has kinda grown and grown in the four months since the idea was born into something bigger with amazing people now helping me out on many levels from Adam Zaars (ex-Enforcer) doing the design for me and some of my old Terrorizer chums like Zoltar and Guy Strachan writing for it alongside people like Jeff Wagner (ex-Metal Maniacs editor), Henry Yuan (from Natur) and Melissa Gray from Adorior.

I'm almost finished with the first issue and I will post some details up on here as soon as I can. But for now here's the Facebook page in case you wanna lurk http://www.facebook.com/ironfistzine

I hope this magazine does you proud as it's meant to represent the true heavy metal maniacs in a way very few other mags do.
Stormspell

Re: New heavy metal magazine - Iron Fist

Post by Stormspell »

Louise wrote:I hope this magazine does you proud as it's meant to represent the true heavy metal maniacs in a way very few other mags do.
Bold words, for a mag whose staff comes largely from the corporate industry favorite lapdogs (aka Terrorizer), but I shall reserve judgement upon seeing the first issue. Good luck.
GJ

Post by GJ »

Look forward to seeing this!
msp

Post by msp »

Well, I will give it a try. Terrorizer has been utterly dreadful for about 8 years now so this has to be a step up
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Aiden

Post by Aiden »

I'm curious and I'll probably take a chance on the first issue. Let us know when it's out.
Louise

Post by Louise »

Sammi Curr

Post by Sammi Curr »

This is awesome! :D
Pestkrieg

Post by Pestkrieg »

The bands covered are better than Terrorizer, and some of the articles are very good; it's nice to see longer features, and even longer ones would be even better. Some of the writing though is DIRE, and the reviews seem to be sadly the same pithy journaleeze snippets as Terrorizer. Mixed bag thus far.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Pestkrieg wrote:and the reviews seem to be sadly the same pithy journaleeze snippets as Terrorizer.
What exactly does this mean?
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
msp

Post by msp »

I bought a copy yesterday in Salzburg. Not a bad first effort so I will keep buying this for a few more issues to see the progression. Enjoyed the Sarcofago piece. Not sure about that Watain guy and the SHining bloke is a total bell-end. Reviews read a lot like Terrorizer. Not unexpected as most of the contributors also write for that mag.
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Louise

Post by Louise »

There goes Billy's invitation to write for it - why didn't you say anything last night mate? Or am I still a, what was it, a scenester cretin? ;)
Dying Victims Prod

Post by Dying Victims Prod »

definitely want to check it out, i mailed your official email address, like you said on facebook, but didnt get any reply anymore... :?:
www.dyingvictims.com

Thrash Attack zine
Dying Victims Productions
Louise

Post by Louise »

Element0s

Post by Element0s »

Man, that new magazine cover is fantastic, would love to get a poster of that!
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Ordered, thanks!