Muskelrock 2013

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Ironhead

Post by Ironhead »

Aiden: Of course, but I think Muskelrock has such a big amount of regular goers that the organizers can trust on them now. This arrangement is not good for getting new people from far away to the festival but they would be a big minority anyways, I guess..? Muskelrock isn't expanding even though they could, they are keeping the tickets limited to 1500 which sell out so they're not really a festival that aims to get bigger and draw more and more new audience. (At least that's what I heard...)
Some people surely dislike those ideas and policy but they have my support at least. I myself probably wouldn't be going there now with this arrangement if I hadn't been there this summer, so I guess I'm part of the brainless cult now :shock:
Professor Black wrote:I'm looking forward to the rumors in the months/weeks/days leading up to it!
I'm also a bit skeptical how they are going to keep it all a secret... Too many people will have to know about the bands anyways, one wrong person hears a name and there we go.
The Devil is within us all...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Ironhead wrote:
Avenger wrote:Why would someone attend without knowing what they will be seeing?

You can always drink at a local bar. If the bands are shit that's what you'll be doing anyways.
Because it's such a great weekend anyways. I don't know about your local bars but at mine I don't see 20-30 foreigner friends.
I will attend without knowing what I will be seeing because:

1) I love the atmosphere and seeing those friends of mine I never tend to see elsewhere
2) They've always had a good line-up, I don't believe it can suddenly turn to shit
3) The surprise factor is actually very refreshing and exciting, I mean, FOR A CHANGE

I don't blame anyone living far away for not wanting to take the chance, for me the whole trip is about 230€ + food, drinks, records/merchandise... But neither should you be blaming people who want to attend it without knowing the line-up (specially if you're never been there yourself and therefore don't know how it's like).
Reasons 2 and 3 are completely subjective and I'm sure you could meet these same friends at another festival like KIT where they don't need to hide behind stupid gimmicks to increase ticket sales. The line-up announcement for bands pretty much speaks for itself in these situations. Unless the organizers have found a way to resurrect DIO from the dead, I really don't see a valid reason behind all of this secrecy.

So my next question is, would you buy a high priced record from a reputable dealer without ever hearing it just because they have always had "good" records for sale in the past?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Ironhead

Post by Ironhead »

Avenger wrote: Reasons 2 and 3 are completely subjective and I'm sure you could meet these same friends at another festival like KIT where they don't need to hide behind stupid gimmicks to increase ticket sales. The line-up announcement for bands pretty much speaks for itself in these situations. Unless the organizers have found a way to resurrect DIO from the dead, I really don't see a valid reason behind all of this secrecy.

So my next question is, would you buy a high priced record from a reputable dealer without ever hearing it just because they have always had "good" records for sale in the past?
Of course they are subjective, you asked "why would SOMEONE" and I answered why I would. And somehow I believe I'm not alone with it.
Increase ticket sales? Did you not read my latest message at all before posting? They are probably trying to decrease the sales as so many are usually left without a ticket. The festival has gotten too popular but they don't want to expand it. (Again, this is only the impression I have).
This secrecy and the risk-factor would be a very good way to draw "only the strong" (read: the regular goers), there's your reason.

In a record there's only the music so I'd like to know what I will get, although a good cover, logo, name & reputation could make me buy it without hearing even.
But comparing a festival and a record doesn't work, I already know that by going to Muskelrock I will have a hell of a weekend, despite the line-up.

And... Why the hell does it even bother you so much? It's a festival on another continent, a festival where you have never been and seems like you never will. Crying over their decisions they have every right to do, while it doesn't really affect your life at all, only seems like wasting your time and mind on unnecessary negativity. And I thought I was pessimistic.
The Devil is within us all...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Ironhead wrote:
Avenger wrote: Reasons 2 and 3 are completely subjective and I'm sure you could meet these same friends at another festival like KIT where they don't need to hide behind stupid gimmicks to increase ticket sales. The line-up announcement for bands pretty much speaks for itself in these situations. Unless the organizers have found a way to resurrect DIO from the dead, I really don't see a valid reason behind all of this secrecy.

Of course they are subjective, you asked "why would SOMEONE" and I answered why I would. And somehow I believe I'm not alone with it.
Increase ticket sales? Did you not read my latest message at all before posting? They are probably trying to decrease the sales as so many are usually left without a ticket. The festival has gotten too popular but they don't want to expand it. (Again, this is only the impression I have).
This secrecy and the risk-factor would be a very good way to draw "only the strong" (read: the regular goers), there's your reason.

In a record there's only the music so I'd like to know what I will get, although a good cover, logo, name & reputation could make me buy it without hearing even.
But comparing a festival and a record doesn't work, I already know that by going to Muskelrock I will have a hell of a weekend, despite the line-up.

And... Why the hell does it even bother you so much? It's a festival on another continent, a festival where you have never been and seems like you never will. Crying over their decisions they have every right to do, while it doesn't really affect your life at all, only seems like wasting your time and mind on unnecessary negativity. And I thought I was pessimistic.
This is a message board and opinions are posted here. Whether I have been or ever will be attending is completely irrelevant and there's no need to over exaggerate. I really don't buy these antics being described as a way to decrease interest in the festival. Perhaps you are right and less people will attend because of this but they are still using a gimmick in an attempt to draw attention. If it's beneficial one way or the other is beyond our judgement at this point.

Comparing a record to this specific scenario is completely justified. If you take away the foreign friends that you can see elsewhere you are left with just the music and that's what's being gambled here.

Perhaps this comes down to a matter of perspective. I am personally not rich enough to go about throwing my money around when I do not know what to expect. However if I was, I'm sure I would have a lot more disappointing purchases in life. That's just me though and I like to be informed and educated about what I am buying rather then having to rely on past experience.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
msp

Post by msp »

Rumours of Limp Bizkit with special "Old School" set
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Lama

Post by Lama »

Maybe the last couple of years too many local metalheads were left without a ticket. I suppose the organisation thinks that with keeping the names secret a lot of foreigners won't take the risk of buying a ticket (with additional travelling costs and so on...). Personally I would take the risk for a KIT-edition, but Muskelrock is too far (thus expensive) for me. Curious how this will turn out...
Last edited by Lama on Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kampel Destruction
Necrosathanas

Post by Necrosathanas »

Really an interesting choice, but I wanted to go this year and looking at the history they've always had a great line-up. I've also heard a lot that it's very well organized festival, I think I'm heading there anyways!

Good or bad line-up, it's an experience anyways. I have a feeling that it's going to be great!
otcmetal

Post by otcmetal »

Wouldn't you think the bands playing the festival would appreciate the promotion?
GJ

Post by GJ »

otcmetal wrote:Wouldn't you think the bands playing the festival would appreciate the promotion?
Maybe Tales of Medusa are going to play an yet unheard of three-day set?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

GJ wrote:
otcmetal wrote:Wouldn't you think the bands playing the festival would appreciate the promotion?
Maybe Tales of Medusa are going to play an yet unheard of three-day set?
If that is the case, I hope they have zero attendance for this festival.
GJ

Post by GJ »

I joked. Should have known better...

On topic: Avenger, you should really buy a ticket. The pilsnerkorvs are splendid. :wink:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

GJ wrote:I joked. Should have known better...

On topic: Avenger, you should really buy a ticket. The pilsnerkorvs are splendid. :wink:
Indeed I should and I'm sure I can find somewhere that will import it for a lot cheaper then the cost of this festival of the unknown :wink:
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Is Heavy Load part of the "surprise" rumors?
Oliver/KIT

Post by Oliver/KIT »

Certainly not.
Speedeceiver

Post by Speedeceiver »

Oliver/KIT wrote:Certainly not.
Bart Gabriel did an interview with them and they stated no heavy load albums would ever we reissued correct?