WACKEN 2007

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Steel Converter

Post by Steel Converter »

I think the only real interest in going to WOA this year is that "Possessed" are about to play.
anthares

Post by anthares »

Steel Converter wrote: "Possessed"
Well... would be nice to drink and listen to those classics.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Enforcer wrote:
The Sentinel wrote:Would be great to have a Corroseum meeting there to share a couple of beers.
Yeah, that would be fun! :D
Great! The others want to join the party as well, Fucking Amal, Sovdat,..??
Long Live The Loud !!!
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Sure!
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

So, who's gonna raise the flag of Corroseum at Wacken? :) Or how will we meet?
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

We can all meet for instance at the Sodom gig at thursday in front of the "mixtabletower". How can we recognize each other?
Long Live The Loud !!!
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

double post
Last edited by sovdat on Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

I'll probably be wearing my good ol' denim jacket (unless it's going to be 30+ degrees - by the way, what does the weather forecast say??)

Just 3 more night shifts I'm off to Wacken!! (I finish working on monday at 6 in the morning, and few hours later we go haha! :) )

The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

I'll keep my eyes open. I'll probably wear an army coat with a Slayer logo patch on the back and a "Pleasure to kill" patch om my left arm.

@Enforcer and Fucking Amal: Beerparty in front of the mix-table-tower at the Sodom gig :wink:

Holy fuck, I forgot: I got a Corroseum shirt from Dan, I probably wear that with the army jacket, can't miss
Long Live The Loud !!!
Enforcer

Post by Enforcer »

The Sentinel wrote:I'll keep my eyes open. I'll probably wear an army coat with a Slayer logo patch on the back and a "Pleasure to kill" patch om my left arm.

@Enforcer and Fucking Amal: Beerparty in front of the mix-table-tower at the Sodom gig :wink:

Holy fuck, I forgot: I got a Corroseum shirt from Dan, I probably wear that with the army jacket, can't miss
great dudes, see you at the sodom show then. I don't know what I'll be wearing, but I'll look for sovdats sacred reich backpatch ;)

By the way, I am in london at the moment and we're just heading off to the sacred reich show! it's gonna be great!
acid

Post by acid »

I'm really glad I didn't go... the last year I went was, if I remember correctly, 2004. And it was fucking horrible. Drunken Germans everywhere, idiot temperatures and idiot distances between camping & festival. And I didn't even mention the shitty bands... well... Satan, Hobbs' AOD, Saxon, Dio and Feinstein where pretty nice though...
Geen gezeik, ik heb gelijk.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Well, I forgot my denim jacket at home :) So I only met with Enforcer for a couple of minutes during Sodom (fucking crowdy it was :D )

Great festival, Overkill, Possessed, Sabbat, Sacred Reich, Municipal Waste and Holy Moses' Too Drunk to Fuck totally ruled!!!! Sodom, Destruction, Blind Guardian and co. weren't bad at all either ... gotta go sleep now :)
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Pictures?
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Well, it was great, MUCH better then last years. Couldn't find you guys because it was too crowdy and I was too drunk during Sodom, which was a great performance, aaahh, Blasphemer.

Sabbat was fucking great again, great show just like KIT.

I also liked Immortal a lot and the song "Night of the Stormrider" from Iced Earth.

I don't know why almost everybody complaint about Possessed, they were HUGE imo and for me the best thing on the festival along with Sabbat. The sound was a bit messy but who cares. Other bands I saw were Overkill, Destruction, Municipal Waste, Blitzkrieg, Rose Tattoo, a bit of Saxon, and some others I can't remember now..

A friend of mine made some photo's which I post when I get them. I don't know if he made photo's of bands.
Long Live The Loud !!!
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

How come that some people didn't like Possessed??? Or, as you said, a lot of people?? They simply ruled! The sound wasn't so good at The Exorcist and Pentagram, but I can't complain about anything else!

Dan: All band photos are on the official WOA page.