DAMASCUS 12" FOR TRADE

Trading, selling, want lists, distros, weelin' & dealin'
weltbrand

DAMASCUS 12" FOR TRADE

Post by weltbrand »

2nd sleeve variation with the original insert printed on the back. Vinyl is NM, sleeve is VG only due to some splitting on each side from poor packaging when someone shipped it to me. Pictures upon request. Here are some items I am looking for:

Arc-War of the Ring 7" (Slipped Disc)
Brocas Helm-Black Death LP (Gargoyle)
Bulldozer-Fallen Angel 7" (no label)
Coven-Worship New Gods LP (Crom)
Danger Zone-Victim of Time MLP (Subrecord)
Dark Quarterer-s/t LP
Graf Spee-Reincarnation LP (Orfeo)
Merciless-Treasures Within LP (Active)
Mistreater-Hells Fire LP (no label, 1981)
Paralex-White Lightning 12" (Reddingtons Rare Records)
Paul Chain-In the Darkness LP (Minotauro)
Slander-Careless Talk Costs Lives LP
Sororicide-The Entity LP (Platonic)
Varathron-Walpurgisnacht LP (Unisound)
Virtue-We Stand to Fight 7" (Other Records)
chatzial

Re: DAMASCUS 12" FOR TRADE

Post by chatzial »

weltbrand wrote:2nd sleeve variation with the original insert printed on the back. Vinyl is NM, sleeve is VG only due to some splitting on each side from poor packaging when someone shipped it to me. Pictures upon request.
Actually the one you have is the first pressing. Second pressing is the one with the same front & back (including an insert). Not that it makes a big difference because they were both printed in 500 copies.
weltbrand

Re: DAMASCUS 12" FOR TRADE

Post by weltbrand »

chatzial wrote:
weltbrand wrote:2nd sleeve variation with the original insert printed on the back. Vinyl is NM, sleeve is VG only due to some splitting on each side from poor packaging when someone shipped it to me. Pictures upon request.
Actually the one you have is the first pressing. Second pressing is the one with the same front & back (including an insert). Not that it makes a big difference because they were both printed in 500 copies.
No kidding? Thought I had read the opposite in the HRR LP insert. Hmm..maybe I should keep both!
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

The HRR write-up accompanying the reissue does say that the first press is the one with the same image front and back plus the insert. However, this is the opposite of what everyone else has said in the past; collectors/dealers have always thought that the first press is the version with different front and back images and no insert. Hence the current confusion.

In my experience the version with the different front and back covers is the harder one to find.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

nightsblood wrote:The HRR write-up accompanying the reissue does say that the first press is the one with the same image front and back plus the insert. However, this is the opposite of what everyone else has said in the past; collectors/dealers have always thought that the first press is the version with different front and back images and no insert. Hence the current confusion.

In my experience the version with the different front and back covers is the harder one to find.
So, so be 100% on the safe side, you have to find both versions. :lol:

I have the one with different front/back side and with no insert.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I only have the vinyl, no cover or insert. If anyone has a spare to trade/sell - get in touch!
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
weltbrand

Post by weltbrand »

Well, as tempting as it is to keep both versions, I would still rather have another item from my wants instead. So this is still available for trade.
weltbrand

Post by weltbrand »

Still available.