Recommendations of brutal and savage thrash metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
ION BRITTON

Recommendations of brutal and savage thrash metal

Post by ION BRITTON »

I would prefer if they were from the old days, but new ones are welcome as well unless they are not clones of the clones. If it has a deathmetallic feel it's alright, however thrash/death hybrids can wait for another discussion. Let me know if you are aware of bands/albums that are in the vein of some of the following DARK ANGEL, EXHORDER, DEMOLITION HAMMER, RIGOR MORTIS, MORBID SAINT, MORBID SCREAM, GAMMACIDE, ANIALATOR, WITCHES HAMMER, stuff like that. Any other bands worthy of our attention out there?
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
laasgaardh

Post by laasgaardh »

Hypnosia from Sweden is great, released an EP in the late 90's, and an album in 2000, recommended!

Can't think of any old ones right now, but when it comes to newer bands:

Deathstorm
Entrench
Pesticide
Deathraiser
DTP

Post by DTP »

SAVAGE DEATH are pretty nifty; from their '87 demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpbWguS- ... ure=relmfu

INCUBUS from floriduh; faaaaaast & brutal :o :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ept_2E8xqX8

despite the dumb name, NUM SKULL are pretty vicious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uUFnfS2 ... re=related

fucken SCHIZO! brutal eye-talian thrash w/ '88 blasting! aaaarrrgghhhhh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftY6P9w1 ... re=related

i love deathrash; damn shame it didnt last long, due to the dm explosion...
formally 'Hellpreacher'
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Are you looking for bands with a full-length or are demos okay too? There is a shit ton of demo only bands.

Anyways, off the top of my head that's not already mentioned in your list is Vulcano
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
DeathMetalWeenie

Post by DeathMetalWeenie »

the best magazine for brutal death metal is Sounds of Death Magzaine out of St Louis, Missuouri... Now Called DOA.... DOAMAG.COM

If you dig throught the website voicesfromthedarkside.de, you can find tons and tons of recommendations over there. They are the old school death metal defenders and true believers. Some of the staff over there even did writing for Snakepit Magazine.

I am glad when alot of blogs, metal magazine's and webzine go under and become defuct, because they lack the quality of voicesfromthedarkside and snakepit.

SOD might be "off target" taste for this website, but voicesfromthedarkside.de for sure in "on target" topic matter.
pzman

Post by pzman »

How about Sauron? Thrash Assault!!!
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Necrophagia! Their demo EP is my favorite Wild Rags release, absolutely venomous.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Some new generation bands I think will fit on this topic.

DEKAPITATOR - Brutal and in your face/filthy Thrash.
MAZE OF TORMENT - Very intense Death/Thrash in 80s vein.
DISSIMULATION - Local (Lithuanian) band if you don't mind "Blackish" vokills but a lot of riffs comes from 80s Thrash.
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

How about Yog Sothots? Their demo might not be the most savage thing in the world of pure thrash, but it has this filthy feeling to it that makes the comparison to the aforementioned bands well deserved.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Thanks for your input.

Bands like SAVAGE DEATH is more like what I had in mind, INCUBUS and especially VULCANO are both great, I wouldn'lt classify them as brutal thrash though, INCUBUS in particular are clearly death metal to these ears.
I have ordered YOG SOTHOTHS reissue and I'm still waiting for it, samples I heard sounded like some very filthy thrash, not extremely savage, but it could do.

Haven't checked out NECROPHAGIA's EP yet, can you post a link or something, perish?

Demo/7'' bands are very welcome of course.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Herkus Monte wrote:How about Yog Sothots? Their demo might not be the most savage thing in the world of pure thrash, but it has this filthy feeling to it that makes the comparison to the aforementioned bands well deserved.
Damnation from the series are very worth checking up too if you like your deathrash really 'core-laden

demo 86 +87 (LP), demos 86-89 (CD)

how about some brazilian stuff....Mutilator, Holocausto, Genocidio, Panic, Psychic Possessor,...

Rosenfeld - Pigs of the Empire is super raw stuff too
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

for demos, how about R.A.V.A.G.E. - On We Slay '87 (pre Atheist), pre-Obituary Executioner/Xecutioner, Hellpreacher - Resurrection '86, Desecration - Demo 1985
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

ION BRITTON wrote:Haven't checked out NECROPHAGIA's EP yet, can you post a link or something, perish?
Sure, here you go

http://www.mediafire.com/?7nwz2lo9qwshrgt

A side of that Damnation LP is pretty good. B side is a stinker, can't get into it at all. Haven't heard the later stuff from the CD version. Yog Sothots is pretty damn good though.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

perishinflames wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:Haven't checked out NECROPHAGIA's EP yet, can you post a link or something, perish?
Sure, here you go

http://www.mediafire.com/?7nwz2lo9qwshrgt
Thanks, just heard it. It's good stuff, more vicious than brutal, better than your average WR release and with a relatively good production. Not exactly what I was hoping to hear, but interesting.

Brazilian bands have a strong deathmetallic feel and I'd consider most of them either thrash/death or black/thrash. Besides, there's a whole thread devoted to them...

I don't know if I limit the whole thing too much by leaving the thrash/death bands out and I'm sure the dividing lines between the styles are a bit vague, everyone's recommendations are very welcome in any case.

Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

Some German bands also should be mentioned: Death Attack and Minotaur did play brutal thrash rithout crossing the death metal border.
Incidentally, has anyone heard the 80`s recordings of the German act Outrage?