Non-urgent CD Inquiries (2012) READ THE FIRST POST

...and all CD issues goes here.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Yes, I've had quite a few Japanese promos, and all were identical to retail except for the SAMPLE (or equivalent Japanese marking) on the center hub. Most also had stickers on the case or rear insert.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Ah okay so it's a type of promo release. And yes it has a sticker on the back insert - other than that it is really mint and I got it cheap. Well I will treat it as a normal japanese CD because for all purposes it looks like one.
akira

Post by akira »

chatzial wrote:
akira wrote:Is this pressing of Tokyo Blades - Nigt Of The Blade...The Night Before bootleg?. On The back side of the cd it's printed goodlife-records.de-861 and ifpi code LT22, a bit different than other High Vaultage cd's. Thanks!!!!

Propably it is a bootleg.
The original must be this (because i bought it when it was released):

Thanks for the help. The strange thing is that the booklet and cd layout is dead ringer for original issue. No different colour, nothing. It looks identical, it even has ifpi code. The difference is goodlife -records instead of normal HV. Good life records does exist and they do promotios. Did they do reprint? Strange.
heavymetalmaniac

Post by heavymetalmaniac »

akira wrote:
chatzial wrote:
akira wrote:Is this pressing of Tokyo Blades - Nigt Of The Blade...The Night Before bootleg?. On The back side of the cd it's printed goodlife-records.de-861 and ifpi code LT22, a bit different than other High Vaultage cd's. Thanks!!!!

Propably it is a bootleg.
The original must be this (because i bought it when it was released):

Thanks for the help. The strange thing is that the booklet and cd layout is dead ringer for original issue. No different colour, nothing. It looks identical, it even has ifpi code. The difference is goodlife -records instead of normal HV. Good life records does exist and they do promotios. Did they do reprint? Strange.
I doubt the bootleg theory in this case. It might as well be a reprint, since High Vaultage CD's are still around - in different layouts. I asked Andi Preisig about it and expect an answer earlier or later. He should know about it.

Goodlife Records also do CD Pressings, so it might be that High Vaultage just used them for reprints.

Not sure yet but I keep an eye on it.

M.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

I would agree, probably a repress with different layout. They also repressed the Acid CDs, (though I don't know if there are any differences), so this is plausible. I don't think bootlegging reissues that are still fairly common is very good business.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

perishinflames wrote:I would agree, probably a repress with different layout. They also repressed the Acid CDs, (though I don't know if there are any differences), so this is plausible. I don't think bootlegging reissues that are still fairly common is very good business.
There is a bootleg of Manowar - Battle Hymns "Classic ROCK series" reissue from 1999 on EMI.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Warepire wrote:There is a bootleg of Manowar - Battle Hymns "Classic ROCK series" reissue from 1999 on EMI.
Pathetic :lol:
akira

Post by akira »

perishinflames wrote:I would agree, probably a repress with different layout. They also repressed the Acid CDs, (though I don't know if there are any differences), so this is plausible. I don't think bootlegging reissues that are still fairly common is very good business.
You both are right. It's a legit re-press in the end. I got confirmation for it. Thanks !!
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

akira wrote:
You both are right. It's a legit re-press in the end. I got confirmation for it. Thanks !!
If you don't mind, from where did you get the confirmation? I am asking that because i thought that the High Vaultage label had stopped their activities.
akira

Post by akira »

chatzial wrote:
akira wrote:
If you don't mind, from where did you get the confirmation? I am asking that because i thought that the High Vaultage label had stopped their activities.
From Denis Gulbey. He rechecked it with Andi Preisig. Battle Cry uses goodlife records too. Apparently Klem still have cd's in stock and sells them
Last edited by akira on Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Warepire wrote: There is a bootleg of Manowar - Battle Hymns "Classic ROCK series" reissue from 1999 on EMI.
Really? Do you mean that the classic Rock serie pressing was the bootleg in the first place or that there's a bootleg out of it? As I have copy right here and it looks all fine to me ...
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

sovdat wrote:
Warepire wrote: There is a bootleg of Manowar - Battle Hymns "Classic ROCK series" reissue from 1999 on EMI.
Really? Do you mean that the classic Rock serie pressing was the bootleg in the first place or that there's a bootleg out of it? As I have copy right here and it looks all fine to me ...
There is a bootleg replica of it, you can tell the difference by the way darker covers, if your cover is "regular lighted" and it's easy to see the pattern of the background, it's original. The fact that someone bootlegged it amazes me since the CD is worth like 3 USD in Mint condition.
metalhaven

Post by metalhaven »

Heathen wrote:
Osmi_Putnik wrote:Pyracanda - Two Sides Of A Coin, this is a bootleg, right? Matrix must be Sonopress...?
Yes, it is a 100% bootleg. My copy has sonopress matrix. Looks like NRR changed their pressing plant at around 1990, as 1989 CDs are on CDT-Berlin (both Grinders)
I just bought this CD, and my matrix matches up to Heathen's, but I'm still not 100% sure if mine is an original or not. Is there any way that someone with an original can post a picture of their disc (with the matrix number) I would love to be able to see the font and see if it matches up to mine. Any help would be most appreciated, Thank You!
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Post your matrix and many people here will tell you if it's original without a shadow of a doubt.
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

Does anyone know the matrix number on Funeral Nation "After the Battle" CD (Turbo Music)? Don't think there's been a bootleg in existence but who knows?

I got my copy recently and the matrix is: I.C.P 354-0007-2-40