New stuff from Angel Witch

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Oliver/KIT

Post by Oliver/KIT »

mordred wrote:Not a masterpiece, but it's true there are better songs on the album.
Its as masterpiece as old Savatage... :D :evil:
mordred

Post by mordred »

Angel Witch didn't and does not play in the same division as Savatage. :)

Anyway, in a nutshell this is a good enough comeback for Angel Witch. This is the album they could and should have released in 1983. It would have bridged the gap between the debut and Screamin' and Bleedin' (which in my opinion is a fine album) and maybe their mid 80's albums would have been viewed differently and they would not have seemed so much as a one album wonder.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
darquos

Post by darquos »

I personaly like this new song and can't wait to listen anymore !
Pyrenean Metal
Marken

Post by Marken »

Heard the album today and it actually sounded good. I have never bothered checking out Angel Witch before, mostly because of the annoying Angel Witch-song.
Loved the sound on the new album. The drumsound actually reminded me a bit of Cozy Powell and Ken Mary, and there were lots of Lillian Axe-like vocalmelodies. This is of course more metal though.
A positive surprise for me.
daniel

Post by daniel »

I can't help but ask what sort of logic there is to never checking out the first AW album, but then listening to the new one... Like you could so easily listen to other tracks off the debut on YouTube, or download the damn thing to see what it's like, you're already online, on a message board.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Marken

Post by Marken »

daniel wrote:I can't help but ask what sort of logic there is to never checking out the first AW album, but then listening to the new one... Like you could so easily listen to other tracks off the debut on YouTube, or download the damn thing to see what it's like, you're already online, on a message board.
Logic or not, I just think new albums are more interesting to check out than old ones, and I didn't bother checking out more of their stuff since I didn't like their bandhymn. But I'll listen to some more from the debut in a while since the new album sounded promising.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Pre-Ordered.
Marken

Post by Marken »

Played this a lot lately. Good album, stunning production.
quietus

Post by quietus »

Marken wrote:Played this a lot lately. Good album, stunning production.
The 25th anniversary Angel Witch- Angel Witch dcd with all the demos/b sides/bbc sessions etc has to be one of the greatest collection of heavy metal songs ever.
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

quietus wrote: The 25th anniversary Angel Witch- Angel Witch dcd with all the demos/b sides/bbc sessions etc has to be one of the greatest collection of heavy metal songs ever.
I think you meant the 30th Anniversary 2CD version?