Recent Metal finds (2011)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
CloudsOfMetal

Post by CloudsOfMetal »

Vice Human - S/t/Metal Attack CD
Blaspheme - S/t CD
Locomotive - We Are Everything You See CD
Brave New World - Impressions On Reading Aldous Huxley CD
only the heaviest weather available
vansinne

Re: Crystal Zone

Post by vansinne »

OmenOfSteel wrote:
morbidsodomizer wrote:I was lucky to find: Crystal Zone - s/t Vinyl from Hong Kong (China) but its so boring, I gonna send my copy over to my bro' Roman in Germany
Cool shit, thanks mate ! :D
I'm still looking by the way, it doesn't pop up often.
estebaan

Post by estebaan »

Hi, noob here, lurked for ages then registered and didn't post, so just registered again. Hopefully I'll get more involved, the level of knowledge here is intimidating. Anyway, just got these from the local store in the past couple of weeks along with a couple of CD's - REVEREND World Won't Miss You and MESSIAH PROPHET Master Of The Metal.

(Nightmare is still sealed, unfortunately it's cut-out, but was cheap) :)
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

Welcome aboard,
some nice scores there. I actually like the ESCAPE TO NOWHERE LP quite a bit. its totally different and has nothing in common with the godly first 3 albums, but the title track and CRY FOR THE MORNING are minor classics. Strangely I seem to be the only one on earth enjoying this album, well maybe you gonna like it as well and we're two then 8)
That Compilation LP is not easy to find and quite valuable, nice one! And Gravestone is also a very good record, I just love the vocals and the opening track is a crusher.
Cheers!
We praise the blood that metal brings
estebaan

Post by estebaan »

Thanks, it is hard to get much good stuff down here so I was suprised to see this in the shop. I'm aware of the differences in the Omen but I have never heard it so I will give it a go - who knows, it might be my new favourite? :) The shop has it's 7" in NO order whatsoever, so I only got through 2 rows today (nothing, sadly) but I am going to go back and finish off the rest tomorrow - maybe I'll get lucky...
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

OmenOfSteel wrote:Welcome aboard,
some nice scores there. I actually like the ESCAPE TO NOWHERE LP quite a bit. its totally different and has nothing in common with the godly first 3 albums, but the title track and CRY FOR THE MORNING are minor classics. Strangely I seem to be the only one on earth enjoying this album, well maybe you gonna like it as well and we're two then 8)
I whish that i could be the second person, but i think that "Escape..." is simply boring with only a few exceptions like the one you've mentioned.

STEEL VENGEANCE though is a different affair, much better, really underrated album. It really does live up to the great cover art.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Some things from last months:

Long Live The Loud !!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I see two killer Anti-System items on that picture. Nice finds, Sten.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

ION BRITTON wrote:I see two killer Anti-System items on that picture. Nice finds, Sten.
These are reissues but I'm glad I finally got these outputs. Indeed great great stuff!!!!
Long Live The Loud !!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Yeah, I too have those. Killer band.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:
OmenOfSteel wrote:Welcome aboard,
I whish that i could be the second person, but i think that "Escape..." is simply boring with only a few exceptions like the one you've mentioned.

STEEL VENGEANCE though is a different affair, much better, really underrated album. It really does live up to the great cover art.
I haven't listened to this particular Omen album in a long time but rate it on the lower side of average. It's not because of Coburn Pharr as he did a great job on the vox. The music itself is just so lacking in aggression and unfitting to his vocal style for the most part.

Totally agree with Steel Vengeance. Fantastic band.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
msp

Post by msp »

Helloween - Chameleon Lp for 2 GBP
Coroner - Punishment for Decadence Lp
Queensryche - Rage for Order Lp
Massacre - From Beyond Lp + 7"
The Obsessed - S/t Lp
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
wom

Post by wom »

OmenOfSteel wrote:I actually like the ESCAPE TO NOWHERE LP quite a bit. its totally different and has nothing in common with the godly first 3 albums, but the title track and CRY FOR THE MORNING are minor classics.
Well 20 years have passed since i bought that album (first on tape and later on cd), and this glorius day another person shares my opinion on it! I really like the moody vocals and riffs!

Cry For the Morning r - u - l - e - s
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

msp wrote:Helloween - Chameleon Lp for 2 GBP
I suppose you bought that one just to burn it down and then piss it?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Chameleon is not a bad album and I'd love to find it for $2 in my local vinyl store.

Escape to Nowhere on other hand is total clunker and is only worth for trading/re-selling purposes, even at $2 :lol: