Early NWOAHM tracks or something 7"

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

The AXXE single is a great one, both songs totally smoke. It is a real pain to find; I've been looking for a couple of years and only found one very worn copy. No idea what a fair price for a nice copy wold be; it's too hard rock to appeal to some metal fans. Flipside 'rock away the city' goes full-tilt on the cowbell :)

FYI, the band changed their name to IMPECCABLE and recorded a sizzling live album entitled 'live on the rox'. It features the same kind of late 70s hard rock guitar hero stuff throughout the album. Killer release, very overlooked. And amazingly the sound quality is Excellent; I'm not a huge fan of live albums but this one really does sound professionally done, it's not some crappy Walkman recording. The album is a mid-priced item that does turn up from time to time, usually in the $75-100 range; it can go a lil' higher or lower on any given day.

The band was from Lubbock TX; the guitarist has a myspace site I think (sorry I don't have the link handy to post)
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

I'd say this is probably more metallic than the later Impeccable live album. It's an excellent single though, and the live album is fantastic.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

nightsblood wrote:The AXXE single is a great one, both songs totally smoke. It is a real pain to find; I've been looking for a couple of years and only found one very worn copy. No idea what a fair price for a nice copy wold be; it's too hard rock to appeal to some metal fans. Flipside 'rock away the city' goes full-tilt on the cowbell :)

FYI, the band changed their name to IMPECCABLE and recorded a sizzling live album entitled 'live on the rox'. It features the same kind of late 70s hard rock guitar hero stuff throughout the album. Killer release, very overlooked. And amazingly the sound quality is Excellent; I'm not a huge fan of live albums but this one really does sound professionally done, it's not some crappy Walkman recording. The album is a mid-priced item that does turn up from time to time, usually in the $75-100 range; it can go a lil' higher or lower on any given day.

The band was from Lubbock TX; the guitarist has a myspace site I think (sorry I don't have the link handy to post)
very useful info, thanks again Alan
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

AXXE Guitar players new band Darren Welch Group .But I think,that until now a lot of people allready contacted this person and asked for old 7" :)
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Diego- glad to help. I think the Impeccable LP was posted in Poisonoise a long time ago, really good sounding files.

Luna- yes, the band was tracked years ago. I think they had some Impeccable LPs left. Copies do show up that are sealed or still in the shrink wrap

The single is one of my top wants. The used copy I saw sell last year got very little attention and sold for next to nothing. Meanwhile a similarly worn copy of the Deuce single brought over $75 last month. Wacky.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Here's another candidate :

SEACREST - Shoot for the Stars
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

Seacrest - very good !

and what about this melodic 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61p2ESqCEk4
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

rumblefist wrote:Seacrest - very good !

and what about this melodic 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61p2ESqCEk4
great stuff,dig the vocals

although i doubt there was anything "new" about year 85
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

The Seacrest song is pretty cool, never heard of that one

The Blind Owl single has been on ebay a few times this year. It's not bad
-Becky
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

One more "unknown band".A bit on Punk/Hard Rock side this one.

L.A. Rocks - Cocaine 1979.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Resurrecting this thread a bit, sorry.

http://www.divshare.com/download/15275719-9bb

Tell me what you think! Bonus points if you can name state, year, band name etc.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Cool tune Kristian, don't know that one
-Becky
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Khnud wrote:Resurrecting this thread a bit, sorry.

Tell me what you think! Bonus points if you can name state, year, band name etc.
HAHA

very nice sir!
"I am NOT a collector"
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

glockose wrote:
Khnud wrote:Resurrecting this thread a bit, sorry.

HAHA

very nice sir!
Thank you! Do you know it?
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Yes I have this somewhere.
Have to dig

Try this one:
http://www.divshare.com/download/15275257-1fb
"I am NOT a collector"