Old KIT thread

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

@GJ: Fjump's very well mannered. :)

Do it! Do it! We need more people at the campsite party! Oh wait, there's no time for that, with this line up. Nevermind. :roll:
GJ

Post by GJ »

Well, they won't be playing "24/3", will they? :wink:

I'm a bit worried by his "fjump" though. :shock:
theclansman74

Post by theclansman74 »

This is what we will miss at keep it true xiv

Agent Steel Live 1986 Bochum
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

theclansman74 wrote:This is what we will miss at keep it true xiv

Agent Steel Live 1986 Bochum
Uh, no.

That was 25 years ago.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Rob

Post by Rob »

Khnud wrote:@GJ: Fjump's very well mannered. :)

Do it! Do it! We need more people at the campsite party! Oh wait, there's no time for that, with this line up. Nevermind. :roll:
I'm planning to camp myself. Every rooms are probably full by now. And camping is always a nice and cheap alternative. People keep telling that is freezing at night, but how cold is it there?
6is9
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Rob wrote:
Khnud wrote:@GJ: Fjump's very well mannered. :)

I'm planning to camp myself. Every rooms are probably full by now. And camping is always a nice and cheap alternative. People keep telling that is freezing at night, but how cold is it there?
Last year we had frost covering the tent in the morning, and I was freezing my butt off during the night. Will bring a winter sleeping bag this year, but hopefully it won't be as cold as last year. 2009 was no problems at all.
Nonseinormale65

Post by Nonseinormale65 »

Ostrogoth have just cancelled their appareance at KIT 2011 because one of the band's member,Whiteshark,had a bad accident during his job :cry:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/159339

Good luck,i hope he gets well asap!
Solo i morti hanno visto la fine della guerra.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Nonseinormale65 wrote:Ostrogoth have just cancelled their appareance at KIT 2011 because one of the band's member,Whiteshark,had a bad accident during his job :cry:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/159339

Good luck,i hope he gets well asap!
...GGHhnnHHnnnnooOOOOHH! :evil: :cry:

Awful, AWFUL news! - one of my top-5 must-sees for this year, but I guess that leaves something to look forward to for 2012.

...and leaves Oli no excuse whatsoever NOT to book SARCOFAGUS as a replacement, right? :wink:
nabel

Post by nabel »

Oh shit! I heard and saw from Youtube they were excellent in Greece. Damn! But these happen at festivals, always some cancellations.

What about OZ? Sarcofagus would be cool but I doubt they could play at such short notice...
mordred

Post by mordred »

It's already said there won't be a replacement since there was already one band more than usual on the billing (Sledge Leather was added after the billing was already complete).

Ostrogoth cancellation sucks, it was one of the shows I was looking forward to the most, but shit like this happens and it's still a great billing.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
GJ

Post by GJ »

Hopefully, due to this awful accident, we've got yet another good reason to attend a future KIT festival. This year's bill was too good to be "true" anyway.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

GJ + brother + Fjump: How's your schedule driving down to KiT? Are you planning on staying the night in Husqvarna and then drive all the way down in one go start Thursday morning ? Should you pass Lund (you probably will at some point) on Thursday morning you can tag along with me, Stormbringer and Fistheldhigh.
GJ

Post by GJ »

We'll be staying in the Fjump Palace in HQ and then leave satanically early in the morning on Thursday. Would be cool to hook up with you. Need to start planning I guess. :wink:
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

GJ wrote:We'll be staying in the Fjump Palace in HQ and then leave satanically early in the morning on Thursday. Would be cool to hook up with you. Need to start planning I guess. :wink:
We'll probably leave Lund at about 8:30 or so, which means we'll be in Königshofen at around 21:00. We usually screw things up and either miss an Autobahn exit at Würzburg, or end up in long queues at around the same place, which means that the last two years have seen us reach the camp site at about 22:30 instead. However, third time's a charm, and I'm aiming to be able to set up my tent before dusk this year!

And hopefully the proposed strike in Denmark affecting the Rödby-Puttgarden ferries won't happen.
GJ

Post by GJ »

Hmm, the more cooks... Maybe we should stay away from each other? :D

I guess us heading from Huskvarna around five/five-thirty would work out fine then - if my entourage agrees...