the "Real Metal' term....

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

You thought that metal was a trend
Got some news for you my friend
Anvil music is what I am
Really don't give a damn
So if you think that we suck
I really don't give a fuck
I defy all the rules
Make the skeptics look like fools

Listen close I'll tell you why
I'll play my music till I die
My life is what I dedicate
To what I love not what I hate

Real metal

Like addiction till death do part
Metal music straight from the heart
Not for money just for the cause
Love to hear the fan's applause
One hit wonders fly by night
The eternal oversight
It's true Anvil the real McCoy
It's my passion, pride and joy

Real metal

From Hard'N'Heavy to Pound for Pound
From Worth the Weight to Speed of Sound
Donnington, Wacken, Brugge, in between
Still so much left unseen
All the songs all the places
All the fun in people's faces
To the diehard I'm glad your there
If not for you I'd be nowhere

Real metal

:)
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

Yeah funny how ANVIL started toying with the same term in 2001 as wellwithout knowing me of course... it was kind of like for the came reasons, trying to separateg the false bullshit and the 'Real' thing at the end of the day.... :)
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Real metal runs over areas filled with black metal photoshoots(and some water too).
daniel

Post by daniel »

You are not seriously claiming you 'invented' the term 'real metal'...
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

You are not seriously claiming you 'invented' the term 'real metal'...
You're thinking about somebody else? Just curious.... :lol:
daniel

Post by daniel »

You think people haven't said 'real metal' since the 80's already? You're suggesting that you attached certain attributed to the monicker, unlike 'true metal', which people will still continue debating and this somehow has changed metal forever...or did you make some spell so that whenever the term 'real metal' is used incorrectly the offender will be struck dead? It's like me claiming right now I'm inventing the term coal metal, to signify the rawness of pure metal. What have I really done? Nothing.
daniel

Post by daniel »

Sometimes I've used 'real metal' over the years at some point in conversation, and now I should acknowledge that the ONLY possible reason I could do this, is because you fused these two arcane words of the English language into a UNIQUE term that NO LIPS ever uttered before you blessed humanity with it... :lol:
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

you blessed humanity with it...
Possibly.... I'm surprised you disagree with this.... :lol:
daniel

Post by daniel »

Haha :)
DeathMetalWeenie

Post by DeathMetalWeenie »

True metal, I rember see that on Metal Massacre Records, Death to False metal, so I guess Metal Massacre must of been a true metal sampler. Bob Muldowney of Kick Ass Monthly based his magazine on true metal. WITH A MAJOR RABID HATRED FOR THE FALSE WIMPY STUFFS. Manowar had that theme, Death to False Metal, "Into Glory Ride" Megaforce Records MRI-0169-666-1 and vintage - era Metallica (82-86) were champions of true metal.

Real Metal, yeah that is a Snakepit Magazine coined phrase. So if you want to add a wikipedia page go ahead. I see why not. But when you say real or true, I am think in terms of AUTHENTIC.

Traditional, true or real, I do not care as long the band is not sloppy, I hate when bands 4th band rehersal practice is the debut record.

The thing metal fans have to watch out for is rockers trying to add metal beats to increase the sales, and also watch out for metal bands trying to write pop songs, to get radio play.

At least nowadays the corporate " m e t a l " types dress like characters from prison (orange jumpsuits the cops must love this! no?), a horror movie, sci-fi, herion chic or a homeless shelter, back during my high school days 1982-1986. The corporate " m e t a l " types, stumpled out of the beauty supply shop, Victoria's Secret and Fredricks of Hollywood. The false metal role models change from Joan Crawford to GI JOE after a nuclear holocaust.

Traditional/ true/ real metal was started by Black Sabbath, and it was just a matter of time, before rock bands decided to water-down/ dumb-down the power, RIFFS, rhythms, and vibes. And make some new rock and roll hybirds. For ROCK n ROLL, this was GREAT, for the HEAVY METAL movement, not so much.

truemetal.org/snakepit
voicefromthedarkside.de
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

Neither me/my friends nor anyone else I know does use the term "Real metal" in order to describe a band as "playing the one and only (=real) way of metal music".

To me it is quite annoying that someone brings in yet another term into the metal scene.
There is no "True" or "Real" Metal, there is only HEAVY METAL!!!

I don't understand why people even want to split this one into some subgenres, just to show up who is really into the music and who's not.

This s*cks.

(that's why I don't even like the term "Poser")
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Nasty Uwe wrote:Neither me/my friends nor anyone else I know does use the term "Real metal" in order to describe a band as "playing the one and only (=real) way of metal music".

To me it is quite annoying that someone brings in yet another term into the metal scene.
There is no "True" or "Real" Metal, there is only HEAVY METAL!!!
i think like you,metal or not metal at all,quiet simple...for us....but how you explain that to the majority of "metal dudes" in this world that link the word heavy metal to piles of shit like my gay lover and such(i did wrote it like that,no censorship needed:lol:)
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:....but how you explain that to the majority of "metal dudes" in this world that link the word heavy metal to piles of shit like my gay lover and such(i did wrote it like that,no censorship needed:lol:)
why bother? it is easier to explain to a non metaler! i ve got a friend who listens to hiphop and likes true-real metal bands i listen and is easier for him to understand than any metal dude you say who snobs anything not modern in his ears!
He likes Manilla Raod, Omen, Brocas Helm and Slauter Xstroyes!

The difference for me is between good or bad music and not real-true or false metal!
Bane

Post by Bane »

This thread makes my head spin.
daniel

Post by daniel »