Ripping Off THE CORROSEUM

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Strappado wrote:The donate button are not really necessery I agree. From the beginnig it was there for collecting money to buy some vinyls from the request list and share on the blog. I think I set a goal to collect like 50$ in a period of 6 months. This was like 1 year ago and I think I have collected 10$ from donations in total so far.

I don't run the blog to make any money, that's not what it's about. Every single penny are meant to buy stuff people requests, nothing else. To be honest I had almost forgot that button existed, well it will be removed right now.

You guys always seem to have something to complain about :) I wonder what the next thing will be. 8)
Oh you poor, poor sod :cry: All that effort of clicking "upload" and never getting the cash you so righfully deserved - not to finance your own collecting habits of course, but for OUR benefit! Ich bin verklempt... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Strappado

Post by Strappado »

No one are forced to donate you know. Have I ever said I deserve the money? no, I said it was a found to collect money to stuff users requested.
Vaggelis

Post by Vaggelis »

Yes i don't see any common with Thrashmageddon and Strappado blog.At least for the time of being.

Thrashmageddon started as a forum and then when they realised that there can be a business out of it.They started to ban people until they pay a fee.

The same goes for music industry now and then.Anyway some people must face the truth that we're not in the 80's or 90's to hear only bands that we have purchased reading a promising review by the major HM magazine of every country.I think our time is better as for opportunities for old Heavy Metal bands to finally people recognize its value.Who would have heared the tons obscure bands of 80's not mentioning the demos.

It is my opinion mp3s killed the new bands and new releases.That's good If there were 1000 Hm bands that lived from their music now there are 100.
I think Heavy Metal is not about making money not even if you deserve to.I don't mean only by having a band.
And that situation made many new bands/companies to rethink the possibility of a profit.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Then why even imply the idea? Apart from your lack of giving credits, that's the one "Epic Fail" (to use your generation's lingo) of your blog.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Strappado wrote:No one are forced to donate you know. Have I ever said I deserve the money? no, I said it was a found to collect money to stuff users requested.
Yet how many of your posts are rips from your own collection and how many are taking from somewhere else?

However, I do agree that what Thrashmageddon does is worse 'cause they kinda force you to pay if you want to download.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Strappado wrote:From the beginnig it was there for collecting money to buy some vinyls from the request list and share on the blog.
You realize what kind of bullcrap is this, don't you?

You want money to buy originals of what others want to hear in mp3 format? You are just not fucking serious. And not only this, you have the fucking nerve to come to this forum from which you leeched dozens of mp3s and say that in our faces. Who do you think we are? Some kind of complete naive idiots who started listening to metal 2 weeks ago? But I guess thats all part of the 'ethics' of the new generation. Ungrateful, bold as brass and full of themselves. And probably you don't understand any of this so, please continue with all the hard 'work' you have to do in your blog.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Strappado

Post by Strappado »

I have not leeched any demos from the forum as I don't have access to it. Those are leeched out by members who has access. I have no clue what's uploaded there and have never seen that part of the forum. Sorry.

No you are the mightiest of all ofcourse! :wink:
Strappado

Post by Strappado »

DaN wrote:Then why even imply the idea? Apart from your lack of giving credits, that's the one "Epic Fail" (to use your generation's lingo) of your blog.
Yep the blog is a Epic Fail sorry.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Strappado wrote:I have not leeched any demos from the forum as I don't have access to it. Those are leeched out by members who has access. I have no clue what's uploaded there and have never seen that part of the forum. Sorry.

No you are the mightiest of all ofcourse! :wink:
Some mp3s you leeched from T-M where do you think they came from?

We don't have any kind of competition about who will upload the most or the most rare here and whenever we upload something at least we have the fucking decency to give credit where it is due unless of course its rips of our own members. But I guess the phrase 'rip of your own' is mostly unknown to you.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

I think this is a little bit harsh towards that blog operator. Okay, saying that he needs donations to buy albums for his requests/uploads is of course hilarious, shouldn't have said that. But otherwise i think strappado tries to improve things, like adding a desription line on every upload, things like that.

Also posting rare videos or links to good new bands like NATUR (US) is an improvement and makes my weekly visit on that site even more pleasant. 99% of the uploads in Poisonoise are juridical illegeal, so maybe we shouldn't be holier than thou, Just my opinion.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:99% of the uploads in Poisonoise are juridical illegeal,
That depends on what country you live in.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:I think this is a little bit harsh towards that blog operator. Okay, saying that he needs donations to buy albums for his requests/uploads is of course hilarious, shouldn't have said that. But otherwise i think strappado tries to improve things, like adding a desription line on every upload, things like that.
That's my main problem with that blog and thrashmageddon. Of course, giving credit is nice but I have some mp3's I don't even remember where I got them from. I'm ok with spreading around the music but charging for it or even try to make a buck is just lame.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:99% of the uploads in Poisonoise are juridical illegeal, so maybe we shouldn't be holier than thou, Just my opinion.
That's not what we were discussing here though. Like Dan said in some of previous comments, by uploading albums/demos/LPs that even though they are mostly out of print, we are operating in a grey area as far ethics and law are concerned. Have we asked the bands if they want their music to be shared online? If so, do they want something in exchange? Is it legal to do that in your country? etc etc. But that's not our argument here. The music we upload belongs to the bands, it's not ours and it's wrong to think that we can do and say whatever we want just because we took the time to make a rip from an original demo or LP. Strappado was criticized because he didn't give credit to the original uploaders which means not acknowledging the fact that these people did spend some of their precious time to make that rip and their willingness to share something from their collection that is not available to the majority. Maybe he is finally doing it now, but I remember the blog for quite a long time and it wasn't like that.

Now, the fact that he has started posting some info along with the uploads is an improvement indeed, but it is also irrelevant to what we are discussing here.

Strappado

Post by Strappado »

I apologize for not giving credits when I should, and I am deeply sorry for it.
J.K.

Post by J.K. »

ION BRITTON wrote:Using letters from different band logos really doesn't tell you something Dan?

Hahaha, I've been staring at The Corroseum logo many times, wandering why I kept my eyes focused on it. And that's because this is a compilation of band logos. Damn. Good idea :)
"We do what we do, and we put it out, if you want to buy it, buy it.
if you dont, fuck off." -Lemmy Kilmister

http://www.myspace.com/blackhammerftw