Female Fronted Heavy Metal, 1976 - 1989 compilation

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

I think it was just a private demo which wasn't circulated among fans, unlike the demo's recorded with Paul.
apollo.ra

Post by apollo.ra »

WOW!!!! EXCELLENT JOB!! :shock: :shock:
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

khiijol

Post by khiijol »

nope, do they have any recordings from the 80s?

updated with a 13th beta disc which will probably change shape over the next few months
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

khiijol wrote:nope, do they have any recordings from the 80s?

updated with a 13th beta disc which will probably change shape over the next few months
ill find out!

today, I finally feel ready to check out disc 3! :P

highlights so far from stuff new to me: Arsenal, Sweet Jayne, Angelic Force
Keir

Post by Keir »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:highlights so far from stuff new to me: Arsenal
Beware: the album is nothing like that track!
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I realized today that you NEED to include a track off REDEEMER "The Light is Struck & The Darkness Splits", but I guess your 1990 cutoff precludes that. Friggin great album.
apollo.ra

Post by apollo.ra »

Yeah with that 1990 cutoff Malteze stays out too
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

doomedplanet wrote:I realized today that you NEED to include a track off REDEEMER "The Light is Struck & The Darkness Splits", but I guess your 1990 cutoff precludes that. Friggin great album.
yeah they were one of the bands i encountered many times and wanted to include them but didnt... does any demo material exist? if i get bored or run out of projects to do (and thats a big "if") i might try to tackle 1990 - 1995 in a few years

re: malteze, blessed are the strong is on one of the later discs, but that is serving as a placeholder until i find the earlier material (a 12" from 87 and a 7" from 89, the 7" seems far far rarer)
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Fantastic work, khiijol! doG knows when I will find the time to listen through all volumes, but hopefully it will be done eventually... Luwd how you put such a love-or-hate (but personal fave) band as WIZ as the first song on one of the discs... and seeing that KILLERHAWK-track also warmed my patriotic Obscure FWOSHM-Heart. Here's the even greater 2nd track (imo) from that demo for anyone who gives a hoot: KILLERHAWK - Remember the past (demo #1 '83)
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

DaN wrote:Fantastic work, khiijol! doG knows when I will find the time to listen through all volumes, but hopefully it will be done eventually... Luwd how you put such a love-or-hate (but personal fave) band as WIZ as the first song on one of the discs... and seeing that KILLERHAWK-track also warmed my patriotic Obscure FWOSHM-Heart. Here's the even greater 2nd track (imo) from that demo for anyone who gives a hoot: KILLERHAWK - Remember the past (demo #1 '83)
Glad you're still around DaN, i thought you converted to AOR or something! :wink:
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

DaN wrote:Fantastic work, khiijol! doG knows when I will find the time to listen through all volumes, but hopefully it will be done eventually... Luwd how you put such a love-or-hate (but personal fave) band as WIZ as the first song on one of the discs... and seeing that KILLERHAWK-track also warmed my patriotic Obscure FWOSHM-Heart. Here's the even greater 2nd track (imo) from that demo for anyone who gives a hoot: KILLERHAWK - Remember the past (demo #1 '83)
thanks! i had internal debates on to what killerhawk song should put on there (between "king of mordor", "hang on the line" and "remember the past") but ultimately went with that one. awesome band for sure. i figured the wiz would raise a few smiles (or eyebrows) :D
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Female vocals featured on this one too:
Zish (US) "Original Sin" LP 1987
Raven

Post by Raven »

metaloren wrote:
khiijol wrote:thanks! is that blizard record female fronted? m-a credits 'Seijirou Shimomura' which isn't a female name (or at least i dont think it is) and the live footage i've seen of them has been with a male singer. i'll add image to the list of stuff to check out - that one seems quite rare!
Oh my god! Is HE and not she!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLZ41qf8zlo I was shocked when I saw this video!!!

Yes, Image 1986 EP is very rare and the tracks available on the Net are poor of quality. Maybe you might not be interested on it for this reason. However, if I get a better rip I'll tell you.

Perhaps there is a mistake on Metal Archives, since on original IMAGE Ep is written David St. Clair on vocals and also on the CD re-issue of the Ep that was done in 2002 (or 2003) by the band nothin is different.
I still don't know why there are rumors on female vocals on this item. Seem strange.
If someone has more information please let us know.
May the Lords of light be with you
jman

Post by jman »

Dude! You prove again that you are the Man! (you uploaded some shit for me on the WITB board a few years ago, so mega thanks!).
Working overtime tomorrow and going to try to make it through Vol. 1-6 as I ruin peoples lives at my corporate desk job.