"complete" collections

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
odin

Post by odin »

Keir wrote:
DaN wrote:Personally I never buy both the LP and CD releases of the same albums. (If someone I know have the CD reissue of a great album I only have on vinyl I occationally copy it to a CDR and stick in the LP sleeve) An exception in later years have been PAGAN ALTAR since the packaging differs so much between the formats.
To me, there is no point in having multiple copies of the same albums, regardless of format/packaging/etc. I’ll pick up a reissue if it has bonus tracks, but then I’ll get rid of my old copy. However, I generally prefer having the original issues so if, for example, said bonus tracks are B-sides to a single then I’ll get the single instead of the reissue.
I will buy multiple copies of something its cheap enough,but never full price If I already own it ,I've found quite a few albums for dirt cheap at second hand stores and such that I would buy again just because they are cheap or something to that effect, for example I found Uncle Slam's When God Dies, Gang green older budweiser and New Eden Obscure Master Plan at a dollar store, so I got all I could find.
Keir

Post by Keir »

Here are two artists whose discographies I recently completed:

Agony Column – the best thing to come out of Texas!

Rhiannon Tomos – one of my favorite female singers, it’s just a shame she released so little material (one solo LP, 3 compilation tracks, and a lone single as the singer for doomy Welsh NWOBHM masters Y Diawled.)
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

Korgüll wrote:
odin wrote:I don't consider many bands having a full catalog worth owning, I've heard of people buying shitty albums from bands just to "complete a collection" or whatever else I don't believe in that.
One shitty album I will never buy to complete my collection is Celtic Frost - Cold Lake! Awwwwful

Never have owned it & never will!
I'll send you mine! :lol: Its the only one I own. I got it in a bulk collection.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

I collect thrash/speed metal from '83 - '93 - the whole scene. It's an neverending road and I'll never complete it, but I love everything about it - the collecting itself and the music, of course (OK, I don't like crazy prices like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/EQUINOX-Auf-Wieders ... dZViewItem

- but you only live once :) ). [/url]
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

sovdat wrote:OK, I don't like crazy prices like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/EQUINOX-Auf-Wieders ... dZViewItem

- but you only live once :) ). [/url]
Holy Cock! :shock:
I'm quite satisfied w/ the LP, thank you. Pretty good one as I remembered it, but nowhere near the mucho underrated RED HARVEST debut when it comes to the HUGE Norwegian Progressive Thrash scene.. :wink:
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Yeah, and if you read good, it says that the CD is "fairly scratched" (although it plays fine) :)
FenderMedium

Post by FenderMedium »

The only discography I'm close to completing is King Diamond :lol: I assume The Eye will be the hardest to find.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

I assume you collect LPs :) - Do you have The Spider's Lullabye PIC-LP? It was sold for $300+ on ebay few months ago ...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

FenderMedium wrote:The only discography I'm close to completing is King Diamond :lol: I assume The Eye will be the hardest to find.
Is that a rare one? I think I've come across it a few times in Stockholm - same w/ The Spider's Lullabye pic-disc. Something I should pick up for trading?
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

DaN wrote:
FenderMedium wrote:The only discography I'm close to completing is King Diamond :lol: I assume The Eye will be the hardest to find.
Is that a rare one? I think I've come across it a few times in Stockholm - same w/ The Spider's Lullabye pic-disc. Something I should pick up for trading?
Don't know about The Spider's Lullabye pic-disc but just yesterday I paid for a copy of The Eye on vinyl didn't set me back too much at all. (On Ebay)
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

It doesn't show the picture of an item anymore to me, but as I recall, it was a pic-lp:
http://cgi.ebay.com/KING-DIAMOND-THE-SP ... dZViewItem
FenderMedium

Post by FenderMedium »

I can't say I collect the vinyl versions as that would be too expensive, especially in this case with the albums I don't like too much ,I suppose the eye wasn't as rare as I had thought, but It has always seemed to be the hardest to find of the regular full lengths.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

DaN wrote:BÖHSE ONKELZ
Böhse Onkelz are utter crap. Lokalmatadore are the law! They come from my city (Mülheim an der Ruhr)
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

no this was the regular black vinyl, which I searched for since it came out and never found a copy, this was the 1st time I ever saw this record. picture disc is pretty common comparatively.
sovdat wrote:It doesn't show the picture of an item anymore to me, but as I recall, it was a pic-lp:
http://cgi.ebay.com/KING-DIAMOND-THE-SP ... dZViewItem
IronBloodBlasphemy

Post by IronBloodBlasphemy »

DaN wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:
DaN wrote:
got all 4 "nazi-Metal" albums from the 80's! Hurrah!?
The only one that comes to my mind right now is OUTBREAK's "Master Stroke". The other three?
HOLOCAUSTO - "Campo de exterminio", EXTERMINATOR - "Total Extermination" and HEAVY METAL ARMY - s/t. Ofcourse they we're not really "nazis", but they played around with the images in a clueless and tacky manner. File under "Incredibly Strange".
Arghhh the opening track on that HMA release kills!

For me I have for the most part all Sombre, EAL, Northern Heritage and Painiac releases. Missing a few odds and ends I'm sure, but I have all the major stuff. As far as completing everything a band has SABBAT is my only goal.