Old KIT thread

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
nabel

Post by nabel »

This one: http://www.edelfingerhof.de/ .

Been there once, excellent place. Good breakfast, bar, restaurant, big rooms etc.
Bane

Post by Bane »

nabel wrote:Get a hotel if you still can (I just booked room for myself about 7 kilometers from the venue). I have heard so many tales of those freezing nights in KIT (I have always stayed in hotel).
Camping at KIT '09 was a horrible experience for me. I didn't bring anything with me apart from the clothes I was wearing, but my friend let me crash in his tent. It was absolute torture without any sleeping bag. I just remember curling up into the foetal position and day dreaming about that first beer I would have in the warm venue the next morning. I didn't get any sleep, it was so cold. The tent was covered in ice the next morning too.

Another friend of mine arrived at KIT in '08 in a similar situation, only he didn't have any friend with a tent. He had to walk down into the village and sleep in a phone boopth instead :lol: I think a stranger eventually found him and let him spend the rest of the night in his car.

I might opt for a hotel in 2011. A nice breakfast does sound good.
Hans

Post by Hans »

camping can be bad, 2d KIT in 2004, it was (almost) freezing actually.....! at least at the preparty, which was in a tent.. no wood/stone building, just a tent hehe... but it was great and you can fix it be drinking enough alcohol. if you dont drink its bad.. i dont know.. usualy we just stay in a hotel/hostel and the least drunken guy drives. ill be at next KIT too btw.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

We are always staying in a hotel/hostel. I wouldn't want any other way. Nothing beats a good bed, breakfast and shower.
Prices of hostels and hotels are quite cheap. We pay 25 euro/night/person.
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

Bane wrote:
nabel wrote:Get a hotel if you still can (I just booked room for myself about 7 kilometers from the venue). I have heard so many tales of those freezing nights in KIT (I have always stayed in hotel).
Camping at KIT '09 was a horrible experience for me. I didn't bring anything with me apart from the clothes I was wearing, but my friend let me crash in his tent. It was absolute torture without any sleeping bag. I just remember curling up into the foetal position and day dreaming about that first beer I would have in the warm venue the next morning. I didn't get any sleep, it was so cold. The tent was covered in ice the next morning too.

Another friend of mine arrived at KIT in '08 in a similar situation, only he didn't have any friend with a tent. He had to walk down into the village and sleep in a phone boopth instead :lol: I think a stranger eventually found him and let him spend the rest of the night in his car.

I might opt for a hotel in 2011. A nice breakfast does sound good.
Haha, sleeping in a phone booth? That doesen't sound too comfy. :lol:

Last KIT I saw a guy from Brazil sleeping in a car with no heating on, haha, it was around freezing temp. at night, but for him as a Brazilian it must have felt like antarctica. He took everything inside that car to cover himself, even a bottle of shampoo he used to cover his ears!
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

We have always been camping until now. Yes it is cold, but if you prepare yourself it is manageable. Some of us sleep in the car, which is actually warmer than sleeping in a tent.

However, next year we are considering adding a fourth person in the car to cut fuel costs on the trip down. If we do, we have no more room for tents, sleeping bags etc and are forced to stay at a hotel instead. That 25 euro deal sounds like a dream, where do you find accommodation that cheap?

Otherwise we'll probably be looking for hotels which have 4 bed rooms. Any suggestions?
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Khnud wrote:We have always been camping until now. Yes it is cold, but if you prepare yourself it is manageable. Some of us sleep in the car, which is actually warmer than sleeping in a tent.

However, next year we are considering adding a fourth person in the car to cut fuel costs on the trip down. If we do, we have no more room for tents, sleeping bags etc and are forced to stay at a hotel instead. That 25 euro deal sounds like a dream, where do you find accommodation that cheap?

Otherwise we'll probably be looking for hotels which have 4 bed rooms. Any suggestions?
If there are still vacancies, this one http://www.becksteiner-rebenhof.de has been a great place for us for the last four years. Breakfast included, rooms that sleep up to six people and there's even a swimming pool. I think it came to €110 pr man for Thursday to Sunday this year.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
jedifart

Post by jedifart »

I'm looking for two tickets for this - if anyone is selling (a bit early for drop-outs I guess, but it's worth a try!), please pm me.
Obsessed by Metal

Post by Obsessed by Metal »

is there still a headliner missing? any update on this?

I'd love Candlemass to be rescheduled I must say :wink:
Over all was an evil silence, broken only by the satanic laughter of hyenas
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

Hey guys, a mate of mine is in need of a ticket. PM me if you have one available.

On another note I stayed at a place in 2008 called the Gold something pension or guesthouse in Bad Mergentheim. I'm not sure of the name but I'd like to stay there again, can someone point me in the right direction?!
Nonseinormale65

Post by Nonseinormale65 »

Nicko McBuff wrote:Hey guys, a mate of mine is in need of a ticket. PM me if you have one available.

On another note I stayed at a place in 2008 called the Gold something pension or guesthouse in Bad Mergentheim. I'm not sure of the name but I'd like to stay there again, can someone point me in the right direction?!
It could be this one :wink: : http://www.bad-mergentheim.de/index.cfm ... &knr=54458
Solo i morti hanno visto la fine della guerra.
humus

Post by humus »

The same weekend Autopsy plays in Holland...choices choices!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

humus wrote:The same weekend Autopsy plays in Holland...choices choices!
Who would choose one band over the dozen or so at KIT?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Hans

Post by Hans »

I have a ticket for this year, havent been for couple of years, so rly looking forward to it. And im also looking for an extra ticket, if someone has one for sale, please PM me.
Oliver/KIT

Post by Oliver/KIT »

Hi Friends,

as promised a few weeks before we are going to give you a special KIT Xmas present by announcing the first band for our 15th anniversary KEEP IT TRUE in 2012. With great pleasure we can announce, that NWOBHM legend TYTAN, known from their immortal classic ‘Rough Justice’, will play an exclusive show in the following line up:

Kal Swan (BAD MOON RISING, LION)
Kevin ‘Skidz’ Riddles (ANGEL WITCH, LION, SAMSON)
Steve Mann (MSG)
Steve Gibbs
Simon Wright (AC/DC, DIO, A II Z)

We hope that we could make you a perfect Xmas present with that announcement and we wish you all a merry Xmas and a happy new year.

Metal On,

Tarek + Oli