Unknown NWOBHM-singles?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Nope, the nwobhm Penetrations have nothing in common with the punk outfit The Penetration.
lynx

Post by lynx »

I meant Penetration, the punk outfit with Fred Purser who later played in the Tygers of Pan Tang. The Penetration must be another band, because Penetration never used the article in front of their name. Penetrations must be yet another band...
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

This is a killer NWOBHM single (I'm almost 100% sure it is, though USA gets mentioned on the label) I haven't seen being mentioned anywhere. Reminds me alot of Sweet Savage (Straight through the heart) single! I can also hear some mendes prey in it. I love it to death.

Cold Hearted Lady appears on one comp LP from 83 (same year as the single)

Here's a link to a auction:
http://www.popsike.com/DREAM-SEQUENCE-1 ... 11366.html
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Dirty Rocker wrote:This is a killer NWOBHM single (I'm almost 100% sure it is, though USA gets mentioned on the label) I haven't seen being mentioned anywhere. Reminds me alot of Sweet Savage (Straight through the heart) single! I can also hear some mendes prey in it. I love it to death.

Cold Hearted Lady appears on one comp LP from 83 (same year as the single)

Here's a link to a auction:
http://www.popsike.com/DREAM-SEQUENCE-1 ... 11366.html
WOW nice find, Great Record. That is only the second copy of the 45 I have ever seen.
Yes there is a NY connection somehow. I tried for a while to track it but had no luck.
I put it in the USA book but yes it was questionable.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

John: Only 2 copies, then I guess I had alot of luck when I found it here in Sweden a year ago for 50kr - 5 euros. :)
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Dirty Rocker wrote:John: Only 2 copies, then I guess I had alot of luck when I found it here in Sweden a year ago for 50kr - 5 euros. :)
Just curious - what made you buy it? I mean it doesn't really scream nwobhm, so something must have made you interested. Or did you listen to it at the store?

I'd love to hear it, by the way.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

I recognized the single for some strange reason. I also saw It was a SRTS pressing (same as many other nwobhm singles - like Tyrant for example) and they're usually pretty damn rare and expensive. Also, the band name got my attention. And for 5 euros, I could take the risk. :)

I ripped this single when I got it, but I have the mp3s on another computer still at my parents house. :(
Last edited by Dirty Rocker on Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Dirty Rocker wrote:I recognized the single for some strange reason. I also saw It was a SRTS pressing (same as many other nwobhm singles - like Tyrant for example) and they're usually pretty damn rare and expensive. Also, the band name got my attention. And for 5 euros, I could take the risk. :)
Good call! :)
Dirty Rocker wrote:I ripped this single when I got it, but I have the mp3s on another computer still at my parents house. :(
Come to think of it, I think I've heard it one time before. Don't remember what it sounded like though. I'm guessing it's an American band, but recorded in England. Great find!
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Khnud wrote:
Dirty Rocker wrote:I recognized the single for some strange reason. I also saw It was a SRTS pressing (same as many other nwobhm singles - like Tyrant for example) and they're usually pretty damn rare and expensive. Also, the band name got my attention. And for 5 euros, I could take the risk. :)
Good call! :)
Dirty Rocker wrote:I ripped this single when I got it, but I have the mp3s on another computer still at my parents house. :(
Come to think of it, I think I've heard it one time before. Don't remember what it sounded like though. I'm guessing it's an American band, but recorded in England. Great find!
I may have uploaded it on the sweden rock forum. I have also send mp3s of it to a few people. It really sounds NWOBHM and not US. But who knows, great single anyway. :) I will try get those mp3s for you.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Cool item Patrick!
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
geneh

Post by geneh »

Fixater wrote:Ciao Paolo,

I have some good news - the drummer has a copy he might be able to sell you. Can I pass your email on to him and you can arrange it?
I think your search might be over...

Cheers,

Rob

I know Malc the drummer, and I remember him telling me how he took boxes of these to the dump back in the 90s. I think he has a couple left though.
I have a signed one somewhere. might have to dig it out
OpenMetal!

AURORA

Post by OpenMetal! »

AURORA - I'll Be Your Fantasy (1982)
http://www.metal-samples.com/2010/12/au ... -1982.html
Last edited by OpenMetal! on Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

I don't know if this was mentioned before (I'm not familiar with the search function).

Did anyone ever come across with DARK HEART "Straight from the heart" (1987) Single????
According to Metal-Archives it does exist, but there's no picture and the internet doesn't mention it anywhere.

Someone who can help????
Vaggelis

Post by Vaggelis »

Nasty Uwe wrote:I don't know if this was mentioned before (I'm not familiar with the search function).

Did anyone ever come across with DARK HEART "Straight from the heart" (1987) Single????
According to Metal-Archives it does exist, but there's no picture and the internet doesn't mention it anywhere.

Someone who can help????
I think it exists.I have read about it not only in M-A.But aparrently it is so rare.
Anyway DARK HEART is one of the best British bands.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

I found one interesing Website

Some unknown bands here...

AVALANCHE

HIROSHIMA

MEAN MACHINE

VOLUME THERAPY

STONEBREW