SLAYER mag Re-editions

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I've read the 5-first-issues-reedition, it was a cool funny reading ! 2 first issues are not very informative. Metallion just translates band bios in norge, some LP reviews though , funny he describes VULCAIN "Rock'n Roll Secours" as Death/Black ...
There are small Norge scene reports, he writes about bands like MISS LEAD, BRONX, M ANTONY, REX BEGONIA, SLICK, MOBILE VULGUS ... does someone knows these bands ? It could interesting to learn more about these ...
StygianBlade

Post by StygianBlade »

Slayer Mag. is a piece of metal history.
GJ

Post by GJ »

omen of hate wrote:I've read the 5-first-issues-reedition, it was a cool funny reading ! 2 first issues are not very informative. Metallion just translates band bios in norge, some LP reviews though , funny he describes VULCAIN "Rock'n Roll Secours" as Death/Black ... :D
There are small Norge scene reports, he writes about bands like MISS LEAD, BRONX, M ANTONY, REX BEGONIA, SLICK, MOBILE VULGUS ... does someone knows these bands ? It could interesting to learn more about these ...
I've got an album by BRONX called Midnight Queen. It's a pretty uneven (Hard Rock) affair, way too soft at times. Still there's a few pretty cool tunes and one really good track, "Hangman", that could have made up a perfect single or EP. I need to dig that one up again. Thanks for the tip!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

omen of hate wrote:I've read the 5-first-issues-reedition, it was a cool funny reading ! 2 first issues are not very informative. Metallion just translates band bios in norge, some LP reviews though , funny he describes VULCAIN "Rock'n Roll Secours" as Death/Black ...
REX BEGONIA made a decent 4-song 7" back in '82, kinda TOPT-sounding, but the most interesting name there is MOBILE VULGUS! I've only heard one track from their mucho mysterious 7" from '83 but it sounded pretty ace - a bit like early DEATH SS if I remember correctly.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

DaN wrote:
omen of hate wrote:I've read the 5-first-issues-reedition, it was a cool funny reading ! 2 first issues are not very informative. Metallion just translates band bios in norge, some LP reviews though , funny he describes VULCAIN "Rock'n Roll Secours" as Death/Black ...
REX BEGONIA made a decent 4-song 7" back in '82, kinda TOPT-sounding, but the most interesting name there is MOBILE VULGUS! I've only heard one track from their mucho mysterious 7" from '83 but it sounded pretty ace - a bit like early DEATH SS if I remember correctly.
Agree with you on that Mobile Vulgus track, it really is quite decent. Rex Begonia were OK too, but not one to really pay a lot of money for IMO. Miss Lead were a very commercial hair band with a pretty singer if I remember correctly. Mark Antony were also quite commercial, though to me they were more interesting. Used to have a tape of them but that is long gone. There was probably a bit of New wave in their sound actually. Can't really remember Slick.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

DaN wrote:REX BEGONIA made a decent 4-song 7" back in '82, kinda TOPT-sounding
Comparing Rex Begonia to Tygers of Pan Tang? Heathen! :wink:

(Somebody sell me that Rex Begonia EP. Please?)
Cargonaut

Post by Cargonaut »

I cannot remember SLICK myself either, but I asked Metalion, and he told me they were from Sarpsborg/Fredrikstad, and released one good single around the time of Mobile Vulgus, and later an album which was completely different, and pop music. That was all he could remember too.
www.metalmerchantsfestival.com - Metal as it used to be!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Thanks for the infos !
GJ

Post by GJ »

Correction: The Bronx track I thought was called "Hangman" was actually called "You Never Learn". Just spun it; a great moody track that probably would appeal to those into nwobhm or proto-metal.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Any chance to hear that MOBILE VULGUS track ?
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

REX BEGONIA was uploaded in poisonoise. An OK 7''. At the very best.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart