Best WILDRAGS Records Release

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

Best WILDRAGS Records Release

BLASPHEMY- Fallen Angel Of Doom
24%
HELLWITCH - Syzygial Miscreancy
24%
IMPETIGO - Ultimo Mondo Cannibale
No votes
BLOODCUM - Death By A Clothes Hanger
No votes
NUCLEAR DEATH - Bride Of Insect
No votes
GAMMACIDE - Victims Of Science
24%
NAUSEA - Crime Against Humanity
No votes
BLOOD - Impulse To Destroy
No votes
ORDER FROM CHAOS - Stillbirth Machine
14%
Other
14%

Total votes: 29

Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

Blasphemy as number one
Nuclear Death & Order from Chaos as number two
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Great label! ...for me the Judecca stuff are the best releases on the label.
But they also had some great tape/demo releases such as Unholy, Thergothon, Necrophobic, Sigh etc..
From the list my fave would have to be Order From Chaos-Stillborn... followed by Nausea & Gammacide
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

xr2m wrote:His daughter was even selling dead stock as recently as a few years ago. I know some people who picked up a good bit of the old stuff that way.
NWN got in a lot of wild rags backstock and might even still have some of those titles available from their distro still
Astra Wally

Post by Astra Wally »

BLASPHEMY definitely. Crushing album and the best in the genre.
Heaven is yours, Hell is mine
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Voted for Hellwitch... but my favorite is probably the Necrophagia demo EP.
MetalizeR

Post by MetalizeR »

Blasphemy, but a bunch other albums more.
DTP

Post by DTP »

i have to do a top 5 in this case:

1. FAOD / Carrion for worm
2. Stillbirth machine (isn't this technically a boot?)
3. MORDOR - both
4. IMPETIGO - UMC
5. BLooD - impulse to destroy

who'd have known that FAOD would be as legendary as it turned out, spawning a thousand (mostly) worthless clones? i recall hearing this along w/ the debut IMPALED NAZARENE and EMPEROR demo; totally refreshing to hear after a couple years of stagnant boring Morrisound DM and endless ENTOMBED clones (altho' i still love most of the latter). it took me a while to 'get' FAOD, i love all of the artificial noise blanketed over the recording, and how the guitars would weave in and out, forcing you to almost 'imagine' the riffing...

"impulse to destory' gets no props either, to me it's a unique trashy recording w/ some of the best OTT pitch-shifting vox ever commited on tape. plus the fact that they go from singing bm lyrix to skating to political rants...too bad the rest of their catalog pales in comparison...

WILD RAGS were one-of-a-kind and shall be missed...shame how the most ground-breaking labels end up being the shadiest (WR and Sepharic Decay)
formally 'Hellpreacher'
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

DTP wrote:Carrion for worm
This'd just about tie with Bride of Insect if it weren't for the sound being so muddy & "Lurker in the Closet" being so idiotic.
3. MORDOR - both
Csejthe has to be the one. So creepy.
5. BLooD - impulse to destroy
Shoddy sound spoiling it again. As if they were recorded in an aircraft hangar, & the guitar sounds almost ring modulated. Strange how the first track sounds dissimilar to the rest of the album too. Still, songs like "The Greed" & "Jesus Never Lived" are bloody great.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

no one likes Arcane? that is what I voted for. BLOOD and ORDER FROM CHAOS are very low on the scale and Blashemy I traded it once I found out it was worth something better....Nuclear Death, those might be some of the worst records ever recorded on any label, I'll put them in the same category as most of the records on Metal Enterprises. Hexx records on this label are killer but not as good as the ones on Shrapnel of course.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

doomedplanet wrote:Nuclear Death, those might be some of the worst records ever recorded on any label, I'll put them in the same category as most of the records on Metal Enterprises.
:lol: I sorta kinda see what you mean...

Hm, I remember liking the ARCANE demos back in my tapetrading days. Don't think I ever got around listening to the LP though. I'll put it on the to-buy list... Cheers for the reminder.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

what about e.g. a dark country, proposing to the impaled, moribund, the corpse tree, stygian tranquility? those tracks give so much the creeps like from hardly other band.
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

DTP wrote:"impulse to destory' gets no props either, to me it's a unique trashy recording w/ some of the best OTT pitch-shifting vox ever commited on tape. plus the fact that they go from singing bm lyrix to skating to political rants...too bad the rest of their catalog pales in comparison...

WILD RAGS were one-of-a-kind and shall be missed...shame how the most ground-breaking labels end up being the shadiest (WR and Sepharic Decay)
blood LP is great, would be in my top 10 WR releases. imo demos are even better, total single digit IQ retardo noisecore in the same vein as the intense mutilation demos