Bathory - Yellow goat LP

Trading, selling, want lists, distros, weelin' & dealin'
humus

Bathory - Yellow goat LP

Post by humus »

If anybody out there has the Yellow goat (only the original one of course, not the bootleg) and would consider letting it go, get in touch.
Willing to pay a decent amount of money or am open to other arrangements (for example could offer original Executioner - Metal up your ass 7" + cash).
Spinal

Re: Bathory - Yellow goat LP

Post by Spinal »

Hey humus,

I know a Swede who had it for sale some time ago, so if you want to I can check with him. (no idea how much he wanted for it, but I think he had some kind of verification of authenticity).
humus

Post by humus »

Hi, would be nice if you could check, many thanks!
This has been on my wantlist for over 15 years so I feel it's time to fill that gap, eventhough I know it will take some budget.
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

Will get to it then!
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

humus wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:46 pm Hi, would be nice if you could check, many thanks!
This has been on my wantlist for over 15 years so I feel it's time to fill that gap, eventhough I know it will take some budget.
Hi J, still looking for a copy then...some years ago you almost could find one every month on ebay. Must say, it's been a while now since i saw a decent copy. Good luck finding one and i'll keep me eyes open for it and will let you know. All the best.
humus

Post by humus »

Spinal wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:12 pm Will get to it then!
Cheers!
Zanker wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:17 pmHi J, still looking for a copy then...some years ago you almost could find one every month on ebay. Must say, it's been a while now since i saw a decent copy. Good luck finding one and i'll keep me eyes open for it and will let you know. All the best.
One of those 'almost but never quite' stories I'm afraid. In a trade (a long time ago) I once got to pick between Burzum S/T, Burzum Aske or a Yellow goat, and I picked the Burzum S/T. Some ten years ago a handful of Yellow goats sold for 300-450 on ebay but at the time I wasn't quite ready yet to spend that amount of cash on one record. Last december someone told me a friend of him was selling his copy but I thought the price was just above what I wanted to pay. Few months later I had regrets but the goat was gone by then.
I should check my wantlist but I think this is basically the only really expensive record I still want to add to my collection (many in the 100-300 range left though).

By the way, see you in Aalst later this month? Would be nice to catch up!
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

Sorry, but the goat was already sold :(
I'll be keeping watch, though!
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

humus wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:04 pm *
Spinal wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:12 pm Will get to it then!
Cheers!
Zanker wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:17 pmHi J, still looking for a copy then...some years ago you almost could find one every month on ebay. Must say, it's been a while now since i saw a decent copy. Good luck finding one and i'll keep me eyes open for it and will let you know. All the best.
One of those 'almost but never quite' stories I'm afraid. In a trade (a long time ago) I once got to pick between Burzum S/T, Burzum Aske or a Yellow goat, and I picked the Burzum S/T. Some ten years ago a handful of Yellow goats sold for 300-450 on ebay but at the time I wasn't quite ready yet to spend that amount of cash on one record. Last december someone told me a friend of him was selling his copy but I thought the price was just above what I wanted to pay. Few months later I had regrets but the goat was gone by then.
I should check my wantlist but I think this is basically the only really expensive record I still want to add to my collection (many in the 100-300 range left though).

By the way, see you in Aalst later this month? Would be nice to catch up!
Yes, true..i got my yellow goat some 10 years ago for 350USD. Very nice condition and the dollar was lower back then it is now, so I got myself a good deal. That was my most expensive record back then. It took me more years/efforts to find an EX/EX Canadian goat without a punchole/cornercut than to find a yellow goat.

Not sure if i will be in Aalst. It's marked in my agenda but not sure yet.
malegys

Post by malegys »

Sold my copy in 2016 on Discogs. It had been on there for about a month. Sold for 1300€ in the end. Was an EX/EX copy too.
"Do you like Wenom?"
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

malegys wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:19 pm Sold my copy in 2016 on Discogs. It had been on there for about a month. Sold for 1300€ in the end. Was an EX/EX copy too.
You got a good price for it then!
humus

Post by humus »

Discogs prices are all the top nowadays. When it comes to rare records I have the feeling ebay has more moderate prices since a few years now.
Spinal wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:52 pm Sorry, but the goat was already sold :(
I'll be keeping watch, though!
No worries, thanks for checking!
malegys

Post by malegys »

Zanker wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:55 am
malegys wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:19 pm Sold my copy in 2016 on Discogs. It had been on there for about a month. Sold for 1300€ in the end. Was an EX/EX copy too.
Considering how much it originally cost me, definitely :-D
"Do you like Wenom?"
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

malegys wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:37 pm
Zanker wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:55 am
Considering how much it originally cost me, definitely :-D
Well i have An idea 😀
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

Hey humus, there's an auction of the yellow goat on the Swedish auction site "Tradera". Ending in 5 days:

https://www.tradera.com/item/340521/324 ... ellow-goat
humus

Post by humus »

Great, I'll definitely put a bid on that one. Took me quite a while to figure out my Tradera password...seems like I haven't bought anything there since 2013 :)