Traitor

DEATH SS - evil metal 7"

Post by Traitor »

For sale (could eventually trade, but only with nwobhm 7"s I'm still after):

DEATH SS - evil metal 7" (original 1st issue) EX/EX
no hope, no fear
Buried By Time and Dust

Post by Buried By Time and Dust »

does this copy play fine or does it sound like a pressing flaw has affected the vinyl sound?
Traitor

Post by Traitor »

just tested it: yes, pressing flaw, but just as all the other copies pressed (I've been told it was retired from market because of it - that's why it's rare)...
no hope, no fear
Buried By Time and Dust

Post by Buried By Time and Dust »

I know my copies all have the pressing defects however I had a buddy that played me his copy and it sounded much smoother than mine. I was drinking alot that day though.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Russ- can you possibly dbl-check your friend's copy to see if it does indeed play correctly? I recently bought a copy but it has the pressing flaw, so I got a refund from the seller b/c we both assumed that most copies do not have the pressing flaw. If most/all copies do have the sound flaw, than I need to return the refund I was given. Thanks for any more info you can provide.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

My copy plays fine on the a-side, but the other one plays interrupted/ with drop-outs. I've also heard that most, if not all copies had the same pressing fault. And there is a stamp on the a-side of the label, but i can't read it, maybe that was to mark the mispressed ones?

So Alan, if you also have the drop-outs on the b-side, then that is not the fault of the ebay seller.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Yes, my copy has the drop-outs. They're minor on side a but very noticeable on side b, makes the record irritating to listen to. I posted a question about this after I bought the copy but that was when the site got really messed up and was down for awhile. Since it now seems that most-all copies have the same pressing flaw, I can easily make arrangements to return the refund.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

nightsblood wrote:Yes, my copy has the drop-outs. They're minor on side a but very noticeable on side b, makes the record irritating to listen to. I posted a question about this after I bought the copy but that was when the site got really messed up and was down for awhile. Since it now seems that most-all copies have the same pressing flaw, I can easily make arrangements to return the refund.
Happy Birthday, Enjoy
"I am NOT a collector"
deathster

Post by deathster »

My EP plays ok on side A, but there are some sound fluctuations on side B (is that what some call drop-out?). Neverthless damn cool EP. One of the crown jewels in my collection.
snaps666

Re: DEATH SS - evil metal 7"

Post by snaps666 »

Traitor wrote:For sale (could eventually trade, but only with nwobhm 7"s I'm still after):

DEATH SS - evil metal 7" (original 1st issue) EX/EX
Do you have a list of the NWOBHM singles you're after?
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Mine plays perfect. In that case I suppose you mean that there are some sound problems. In my opinion it is a problem with the master tape (an old caset perhaps).
Traitor

Post by Traitor »

Item sold-out!
no hope, no fear