Venom - American Assault (picture disc) wanted!

Trading, selling, want lists, distros, weelin' & dealin'
Khnud

Venom - American Assault (picture disc) wanted!

Post by Khnud »

As the title says, sell this one to me, will you? :)
scandinavian-assault

Post by scandinavian-assault »

It was only available in the "Here Lies..." box set I think. Or was it sold separately?!
Headbanger, Earthdog, Rivet Head, Hell Rat & Metal Maniac!
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

scandinavian-assault wrote:It was only available in the "Here Lies..." box set I think. Or was it sold separately?!
According to PULSEN (on the SRF forum) it was sold separately as well. I also found this reference:

http://www.venom.nu/records/assaults/american.html

I recently bought a copy of the box, but the picture disc was missing, so I'm looking to complete it.
scandinavian-assault

Pulsen should know, trust him!

I sincerily hope you didn't pay much for the box, as the PD was missing!
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

scandinavian-assault wrote:Pulsen should know, trust him!

No, I did not. It also has a very low number (#257/5000). :)
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

I have never seen that pic lp sold separately. if there is one sold like that, surely is the one missing in your box!
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

metalmaster wrote:I have never seen that pic lp sold separately. if there is one sold like that, surely is the one missing in your box!
Haha, I've seen several sell on ebay during the last years.

Here's one:
http://cgi.ebay.ie/VENOM-AMERICAN-ASSAU ... 0548480037
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Khnud wrote:
metalmaster wrote:I have never seen that pic lp sold separately. if there is one sold like that, surely is the one missing in your box!
Haha, I've seen several sell on ebay during the last years.

Here's one:
http://cgi.ebay.ie/VENOM-AMERICAN-ASSAU ... 0548480037
Bootlegs perhaps??
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Not everything is a conspiracy. Look, I've talked to one of the most die hard Venom collectors in the world and he confirms it sells separately. I've also linked to a previous auction of said item. What more proof do you need?
scandinavian-assault

Khnud wrote:

Well low or high number, it's equally rare/common wether it's 0001 or 3785. I got my box for 175 SEK in extremely good condition! Sometimes it's good to know drug addicts!
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

scandinavian-assault wrote:
Khnud wrote:

Well low or high number, it's equally rare/common wether it's 0001 or 3785. I got my box for 175 SEK in extremely good condition! Sometimes it's good to know drug addicts!
I got mine for 20 SEK. :)
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Khnud wrote:Not everything is a conspiracy. Look, I've talked to one of the most die hard Venom collectors in the world and he confirms it sells separately. I've also linked to a previous auction of said item. What more proof do you need?
What can I say if the gods have spoken?? Oh yes I can say something: on the sticker of the box it says: "American Assault pic (Box set exclusive)". It makes no sense to sell separatley a disc which is exclusive of another (expensive)release...

But, after all, you are the one who is going to buy it so, good look
TheGreatEscape

Post by TheGreatEscape »

metalmaster wrote:
What can I say if the gods have spoken?? Oh yes I can say something: on the sticker of the box it says: "American Assault pic (Box set exclusive)". It makes no sense to sell separatley a disc which is exclusive of another (expensive)release...

Of course it makes sense ... I remember the days when NOBODY cared for these Venom Boxes - in Zurich / Switzerland, you could find 5-10 Boxes in EVERY record store (even in the stores with mainly Disco records); they were all over! (same with the MAIDENMANIA Boxes but this is a different story).

I went to Zurich once every month and I always laughed about these stupid Venom Boxes (sorry 'bout this, but I was young and didn't know better) :oops:

I've seen many stores moving and closing down over the years and I've seen the condition of these boxes moving from NEW to VG to F ... later when the Box was completely crashed, the store owners sold the LP's seperatly (and the remains of the Boxes were thrown in the thrash).

One other thing was the price - it was too expensive (equals to €40-50) which was a lot these days. So it was very heavy to sell the complete box but it was easier to take out the LP's and sell them seperately for a reasonable price.

During my time as a collector / trader, I've had 10-15 copies of this Picture Disc in my hands; most of them came from record shops in Zurich. A few others were found 1996 during my US trip, so I guess the same story happened there too.

What do you think - how many Boxes (out of these 5000) still exist? Maybe 3500? 4000?

So there are plenty copies of this Picture Disc in circulation ... you should be able to get it without forking out a fortune.

P.S: sorry, you don't need to go to Zurich anymore; 90% of the stores have closed down. The times of good record hunting in the largest city of Switzerland are over since 20 years :(
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

TheGreatEscape wrote:
metalmaster wrote:

Of course it makes sense ... I remember the days when NOBODY cared for these Venom Boxes - in Zurich / Switzerland, you could find 5-10 Boxes in EVERY record store (even in the stores with mainly Disco records); they were all over! (same with the MAIDENMANIA Boxes but this is a different story).

I went to Zurich once every month and I always laughed about these stupid Venom Boxes (sorry 'bout this, but I was young and didn't know better) :oops:

I've seen many stores moving and closing down over the years and I've seen the condition of these boxes moving from NEW to VG to F ... later when the Box was completely crashed, the store owners sold the LP's seperatly (and the remains of the Boxes were thrown in the thrash).

One other thing was the price - it was too expensive (equals to €40-50) which was a lot these days. So it was very heavy to sell the complete box but it was easier to take out the LP's and sell them seperately for a reasonable price.

During my time as a collector / trader, I've had 10-15 copies of this Picture Disc in my hands; most of them came from record shops in Zurich. A few others were found 1996 during my US trip, so I guess the same story happened there too.

What do you think - how many Boxes (out of these 5000) still exist? Maybe 3500? 4000?

So there are plenty copies of this Picture Disc in circulation ... you should be able to get it without forking out a fortune.

P.S: sorry, you don't need to go to Zurich anymore; 90% of the stores have closed down. The times of good record hunting in the largest city of Switzerland are over since 20 years :(
This is VERY TRUE.
the same here in the USA.

When Combat/Important closed a lot of these showed up at the CUTOUT warehouses. They were all taken apart and sold by there self. This was around 93-94 here in the USA
"I am NOT a collector"
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

*Bump*

Still need a copy of this!